Which GFX Card?

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
lo peeps :)

Ok im looking for a new gfx card around the £100 mark.. i run 2 accounts alot so need 1 that handles 2 accounts without probs, as atm i have an FX5600 Ultra & this has probs with running 2 aco***** :-(

Im using an old mx440 at the mo (64mb!) the rest of my system is fine:

P4 3ghz (Prescott 800FSB)
512 dual channel DDR (2x 256)
Shuttle SB75G2 (SFF)

I also have an ATI 9200 (128mb) card, in my other PC it runs 2 accounts nps, but in my new sys, ive had probs with the gfx/UI chopping up/flickering, ive tried updating drivers, re-installing DX etc..all the usual tricks but no joy :-(

So any advice on a new gfx card much appreciated, thanks in advance :)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Or you could upgrade your ram to 1gb and it should make your pc run a lot better aswell as two accounts.

erplore

Fledgling Freddie
On a slightly differnet note:
I have a Compaq 2800
with 1GB DDR333 Ram
and GEFORCE FX 5200 128Mb GFX Card
I use 700Kb Broadband.
When DAoC is set to normal ToA setting I find that the framerate isn't too smooth. Any clues?

Ratken

Fledgling Freddie
Had similar problems with my Ti4600 and the solution was...

http://www.pny.com/support/drivers/?prod=verto
(not my card/drivers but a very good hint that SI and DAoC have serious issues with geforce)

Dont upgrade your drivers, downgrade them to the older ones you can get or the ones that came with your card. Currently running 44.04 and happy with it. similar spec machine with your own (xept i got 1GB dual memory) and running 2 ToA clients at the same pc 1280x1024 in full detail (shadows, reflective water... the works) :drink:

when a gfx card manufacturer decides to produce specific drivers for a game it makes you wonder.

hope you sort it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom