Which DSLR

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Okie dokie, got a holiday booked to India in August, so I need to quickly decide on buy and get used to a DSLR. But which one?

Save some cash and get a 300d, maybe with a better lens I could afford with newer models? Firmware hacks for it let you unlock the features canon disabled.

350d, reading bad things about the lens that comes with it. So body only, but what lens to get with it?

d70s. Overshadowed by the feature set of the 350d?

Or, spend that little bit more and get a EOS 20D?

Opinions people! Help me chose, I know a few of you have these models, so pro's and cons please.

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
One of the main things you need to consider is the lens system you wish to adopt (Nikon or Canon) as all the cameras listed are perfectly capable of producing great images.

My choice would be the 20D, failing that, the 350D. While it is true the kit lens with the 350 isn't fantastic it's still good for the price. Of course, there's nothing stopping you buying the 350 body on its own and put the £50 you saved towards a good quality lens (the Sigma 18-50 EX 2.8 is pretty good).

Having said all this, if you've got a bag full of good Nikon lenses get the D70/D70s.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I haven't got any lenses, my dads got a really old slr, but his lenses wont work with electronic mounts.

20d doesnt seem that expensive, but it does when you add in the cost of lenses. Looks like i'm leaning towards the 350d.

Will look up the lens you mentioned. Ta

Nos

Fledgling Freddie
If you can get yourself to a branch of Jessops that has all three units on display. Ask the assistant to let you have a go of all three and see what you think, you may find the Nikon way of working and control layout is better suited to you than Canon (or vice versa).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I'm familiar with the canon layout, having used film EOS, and owning a powershot g3. So that will proabbly make me quite biased.

Going to try and squeeze jessops for their price promise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom