Which American server ?

J

Jace

Hi all,

I was wondering which American servers have the highest concentration f UK/EU players on?

Thanks in advance.

L

Lam

Well, I also play on Lancelot in US and I know of 5 guilds that are only composed of EU players and there may be even more in other guilds or unguilded. But don't know about the other servers.

1234Taz

Morgan Le Fay would probs be the best server never really drops below 900 players, dont bother with Lancelot that server is unblanced to hell its like 1000 albs 200 migs 200hibs :rolleyes: .

S

SFXman

Morgan Le Fay.... I noticed that... always tons of players unlike our poor EU servers at 7:00 in the morning with maybe 100 :)

F

Flimgoblin

Find the server with the biggest population at around the time you normally play.

That'll sort you out :)

PS. sad to see you go, good luck over the other side of the pond.

J

Jace

I'm not leaving EU at all, wouldn't throw away all those hours it's taken me to get to lvl 40 and also would never want to leave my guild :p

I have chars on Excal/Hib and Pryd/Albion and was contemplating getting a second EU account so I could run a Middie character as well - mainly for research, know your enemy etc.

I've been having connection issues for sometime to the EU servers and have submitted pingplotter images through getright clearly showing the problem lying at their end. The response has bascially been "go away, nothing to do with us" so I thought it might be interesting to sign up a US account to run a Middie on instead of a 2nd EU one.

I'll still get my intel for my main character but I'll also get to see just how the connection to the US server compares to EU :)

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Im doing exactly the same Jace.
Not for research on realms but to check out the new patches.

Im betting I love it too much and stay though :D

G

granny

Grats on 40 mate :) I'm guessing you didn't leave the keyboard all bank holiday weekend? :p

O

old.Breydel

I'm on Morgan Le Fay and the server is awesome. One of the best balanced servers and in Hibernia where I play there are tons of friendly people. Lots of Euros too and RvR is going on 24/7, really.

So if you - as a Euro - only want to try 1 US server I definately recommend MLF. Merlin is nice for a secondary server (I'm on Mid there but barely played it :p - 6 skald). Others were Euros play are for example Nimue, Lancelot, Bors, ...

Like suggested above, just see which servers are populated at Euro peak times. When they are head over heals on top of the others you can bet a lot of Euros are on it.

Breydel,
44 warden MLF

X

Xtro

Jace if you want to try Midgard I REALLY recommend Bors - lots of euros BUT even better - a VERY active, VERY friendly server.

If you want a headstart I can put you in touch with one of the largest and friendliest guilds. Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll give you a contact name and details for someone to message in game :)

M

Marcus75

Hi!

What about lag and stuff?
Since it is quite alot further for the packets to travel I would like to be VERY sure that I wouldn't get lag. I played UO on an US-server and it lagged alot.

I got a 10mb connection btw.

U guys with experience from both places....compare them and evaluate please! :)

O

old.Kaylin

Well Lancelot has some really good albs in it that i know irl. name of Albion[GUILD] if you look at the herald, however i know some of the scottish contingent of my old guild Albion(yes i know its the same as the realm, it was done way before daoc was ever concieved though), are playing on Morgan Le Fay, so also a fair few eu folks on that i would think.

S

SFXman

UO lagged everywhere :)
I played on Lake Superior from Ireland (when I still lived there :p) with dial-up and it was just as good as playing on Europa.

I doubt your 10mb connection will see any difference between the servers...

V

Vell

You will more likely get less lag on the US servers because the whole system is of much higher quality. European telecom is generally dodgy, and should be avoided.

S

SFXman

European telecom dodgy? Come to Finland and witness the wonders of the internet, in an enjoyable way :)

O

old.Tohtori

Yeah.

We here in finland, in the cold winter nights or through the neverending days in the summer, always have a good connection :p

Well..unless we lag..or ping...or the servers crash...or the ISP sucks..or the modem smokes and goes poof...or because the lightning storm last week made a mess of the lines...or..

S

SFXman

Hmm. Yes... great having extremely snowy winters and HOT summers (this summer, at least for a beginning, has been crazy warm).
Our connections kick butt :p

S

SFXman

lol... I almost said what the hell are you talking about now Max Payne? But then I noticed that it was on-topic ;)
Unlike a few earlier.

J

Jace

Well after keeping an eye on the numbers of players on the US servers it seems as if Merlin is the most heavily populated over all, and it seems balanced (well looking at the frontier map it seemed pretty even).

I started a character there last night and all I am very impressed. Typical night on EU servers for me would involve one or two linkdeads with more then the odd instance of lag and packet loss but last night on Merlin . . . not one single problem, nice :)

S

SFXman

For me a typical EU day involves.... no lag to speak of and no LDs. Maybe once a week the game might crash.

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Just got my US version this morning...

Currently installing 38.3meg of patch :eek:

56k'ers should ph33r the US version :D

S

SFXman

Goddamn! I tried to tlak my cousin into moving there... but he has a L50 sorceress soooo.... it might take a while.

S

SFXman

Oh yeah... post your first opinions on this thread please :)

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Im at work at the moment so can only sneak little goes inbetween watching the england game and actually doing some work.

First thing I have noticed is that you can choose your login pass for US version... and it has a much nicer loading screen :)

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Well I just played for a short time (while at work ;) ) and have to say that once my Euro subscription expires (in 4 months) I wont be paying for any more.

I tried out Morgan le Fay and was greeted by some very friendly and very helpfull players.

and NO LAG!

The new graphics on the armours I saw people wearing in camelot were impressive to say the least.

Its US all the way for me now...

O

old.Breydel

Hey Mattus,

Nice to see you like MLF. I assume you started in Albion? Too bad, could have given you some starting cash if you tried Hibernia. :)

Well about lag and connection to the US I can add this:

Linkdeads: I moved from DAoC Europe to DAoC US somewhere near the first of april so I'm a fat 2 months there now. The total numbers of linkdeads I had over those 2 months can be counted on one hand. The first 6 weeks I didn't have one, then I had like 3 linkdeads in 1 week and since then also no linkdeads anymore.

Lag: You see people lagging in the game too or hear them tell about horse routes sometimes going through water. But for myself it doesn't lag as much as the Euro version. I have yet got to see the first time I'm standing on my horse instead of sitting on it.

Login screen ID and password: yeah, it's nice you can choose your own account name and password. Total freedom. :)

But the game isn't bugfree either. What annoys me the most is the all famous memory leak. You know, when you're playing for half a day and need to relog because the game performance gets sluggish. But you can do /effects self so it lasts a little longer before you have to relog. Or also the occasionally corrupted graphics annoy me (I hope that one will get fixed with the new 3D engine for the X-pack once and for all). And last weekend I was in a MASSIVE (did I day M-A-S-S-I-V-E ?) Relic defense which was awesome. The entire Albion realm was out for getting their relic back and were well organized. They almost got away with it too but after breaking through both relic keep doors we Hibbies managed to push them back and hold Albion's power relic. That was a thrill to play. I think there must have been around 500 players at the time in the same zone. The zone didn't crash (unlike here in Europe like I heard :p) but of course the game was very choppy because so many people were on the screen.

I have 2 screenshots of the event but the server I usually upload to is down. Ooh well...

O

old.TonkED

Am still waiting for my US Version to arrive, i done a computer format on tuesday night, cuz i was haveing massive problems,

And i don't see much of a point in installing the Euro version again,

Anyone give me a clue when mine will arrive,

I orded it from DvDBoxoffice on tuesday Night, anyone got any clues on what day its >Might< Arrive

oh btw, i probilly join MLF but not sure which realm, always been Albion, a change might be nice:clap:

M

m-a-n-t-i-s

Yeah sorry Brey I'm an Alb through and through.
Thanks for the thought though ;)

Maybe we can slaughter each other like pigs someday :D

TonkED my DAoC from DvD Box Office took around 2 weeks cause they didnt have any in stock. You shouldnt have to wait more than a few days though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom