which alchemist procedure on SC armor?

• Thread starter old.Krogar_Thane
  • Start date
O

old.Krogar_Thane

Ok, this is the third stage of my continuing quest for knowledge.

I have done a bit of rooting around, and it seems that the current school of thought is that the best three REVERSE procs that 1 can put on armor are

the DOT
the ablative
the lifedrain

alot of the threads mention, deciding on your favoured, and dumping the same reverse proc on all 6 pieces of armor. i read of armsmen (tanks in general) favouring the ablative to keep them alive that few seconds longer so they can take down the enemy character.

other schools of thought are that the dots 350+ damage outweight the -100 the ablative does. e.g aggressive damage over defense.

and the third school of thought is the lifedrain being the middle of the road, a lesser figure than both the above (65ish i think) but doing damage to your enemy and healing you.

Do any of you guys have any views on this?

My initial thoughts are this.

Im a runemaster with high healthpoints, i will look eventually to buy the realm ability Moc.....that 1 lucky ablative could keep me alive to drop the last DD on the tank who is pounding my brains out, where upon a glug down an insta heal potion and im back in the fight, ready to roast some more bad guys.

my current preference is all 6 armor procs as ablative reverse procs.

any casters (or other classes with a view to a casters situation) have ideas on this?)

/bow

:clap: :clap: :clap:

W

Wou

A reverce proc only procs when you are hit, so at when a melee is ON you and interupting. Most of the times your only defence as caster is then a QC root and run away.

But a melee can hit you again after the root, but before you are out of melee range.

The DOT will then break your root, and you have that interupting melee on you again. While a dot give damage overtime ( will break mezz and root, so they become CC imune), won't do that much damage to a pure tank with high resists.

The lifedrain will then break your root, and you have that interupting melee on you again. And you won't get that much health back and won't do that much damage to a pure tank with high resists.

The ablative will not break root, and let you survive more.

I will get 6 ablative on my armor.

Btw you will still need root even with moc ( unless you gave livetab DD and a yellow pet, I outtanked a skald with IP and FA. my health went up, his down :clap: )

A

AbPoon

Cant go wrong with ablatives but beware as they are very expensive.

Expect prices between 350 and 450g if you havent got a guild m8 for it.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

And very important: a reactive DOT can be resisted... the ablative is on yourself, and won't be resisted.

D

deffy

I never thought about reverse procs breaking my root, thanks guys you just saved my life a few times ;) I was thinking of the ablative aura too but it doesn't absorb that much dmg for a low hp caster like me, are there any heals or health regens? or better yet where can I find a full list of alchemy procs? I can't seem to find anything on my usual sites.

F

Flimgoblin

according to prissy's guide the lifetap is only on the procs and not the reactives...

i.e. only on weapons. (and damn! why didn't I get that instead of spirit DD... oh well next jambiya :))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom