Wheres all the loot at level 28!?!

O

old.Nikolas

Been leveling a few characters the last week and all of a sudden the drops have just dried up :(:(:(

I'm 28/27 and hunting in the Catacombs which seems to suck big time for drops. Any tips?

T

thorwyntf

well.... at lvl 30ish you can start farming barrows which is "decent" loot (quality is crap most of the time, but it´s ok for xp+ ing).
btw.. are you interested in a mondy trade? I need a plat or two on Hib/Pry and could give you some here. :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Catacombs is and has always been utter crap for drops.

P

painbringer23

Legion plate and Foul helms fortehwin!!! :)

T

tripitaka

NIK !

I told you in a PM to get in touch and say hi - now you're over here on excal alb, and you haven't... Is my BO really that bad ?

I have a 31 cleric that can group with you if you like - Wednesday/ Thursday / Friday this week ?!

Give Formash / Plaster / Hiccups / Andrex / Tripitaka - et all a shout in game. We may even make u an honorary Phoenix Legion member just for being u. :)

Oh, and as for hunting - SI avalon isles border with Isle of glass - Appletrees, good for drops - then onto Ghosts. OFC theres always a drakoran or two to maim as well.

W

-Wedge-

Imho it's all about the mobs you hunt in catacombs... Some drop plate, some drop chain, some drop... Hmm, dunno if I ever saw cloth :p but I guess some mob must drop it ;)

Unlike with Barrows, where the lower level mobs drop that worn stuff, and the higher ones the full stuff... (and it doesnt really matter which mobs you hunt for most drops there)

P

Pin

Ignore Catacombs, ignore Barrows. Just go to Avalon Isle.

O

old.Nikolas

Hiya Tripitaka! Sorry I have only been here a week, still just finding my feet really.

I went back to Tepoks mines at 28 and managed to make about 200 gold from salvage there before heading back to the catacombs where I got 2 2H weapons and 2 chain drops, not bad. I went to the Barrows at 30 and them red zombie dudes near the entrance dropped loads of stuff in the short time I was there.

Trip, I'll look you up next time im heading the Barrows way again fella, I just want to hit 800 Tailoring before hunting again (700 atm) :)

C

cleeve

Seriously,

you're mad if you're trying to get good drops in catas - its pants there. Best drops I found were from Drakorans in Avalon Isle.

Wearyall Village is a good base of operations - you have Undead Gangers, Decaying Marshmen, Undead Apple gatherers there.

If you head up to AC, you can quite easily do drakoran mobs around the outside of the dungeon around lvl 30ish in a good group. Just make sure you hit sawbones first, then the casters and leave the tanks til last. Otherwise you get dotted and the mob you hit gets healed by the sawbones :)

Caer Caddug is quite good for mid 30s too - thats just to the east of AC I think -more or less North of Wearyall (I think). Good mobs there from low 30s to mid 40s I think.

Draks tend to be the best for drops - the undead mobs drop nicer stuff but more rarely (in general)

*edit* Greater Boogeys in Western Cornwall drop really nice chain/leather/reinforced stuff for low 40's exp gear :) Drops can be rare sometimes and then every other kill at others. Watch out for high levels soloing boogeys for the fabled moor stained helm (I never found one in 3 levels worth of soloing there)
Cheers

C

Users who are viewing this thread