Where's all the in-game Guild recruitment spam at?

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Don't visit the capitol cities much
But I've noticed a distinct lack of guild recruitment spam elsewhere
Which is a shame, given the emphasis on the realm-effort, we are all in this together thingy

I'm actually felt a better sense of community on AoC PvP servers than I have felt on WaR
Which isn't a good sign

as a foot note
any order guilds recruiting on Dron with ex-Daoc'ers? ;)

Kuldiin

Fledgling Freddie
Never moan about lack of spam :D

Just group/pvp with people, and if you like them, ask about joining.

Isnt there a tavern for recruitment also?

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
I'v seen spam....but in a rvr game alot of guilds are looking for quality players, not just anyone who happends to want a guild.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Many guilds openly said they were closing their doors at WAR retail launch, though by no means all or even the bulk.

Is there even a server-wide recruitment channel in game?

I'm not in cities much so wouldn't know if there is a lot of spam there. Mostly I'm giving away free RP in scenarios. Its hard work being a philanthropist.

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I'v seen spam....but in a rvr game alot of guilds are looking for quality players, not just anyone who happends to want a guild.

that's me fecked then

Is there even a server-wide recruitment channel in game?

That's what I'm wondering

Tbh, I just want a guild so my cloak has an emblem on it ;)
A white cloak just isn't very Witch Hunter if you know what I mean

Uara

Part of the furniture
Damn Rite Pikeh, I want your DoK's skin draped over my shoulders and ur squigs skin for awesome boots!

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
I suppose you'd settle for the skin of a dead Dark Elf flung over your shoulders? :(

In an Ed Gein with a puritan's hat kinda way?
Sounds like a plan

Aqe

One of Freddy's beloved
Many already had a guild going into WAR. We just recently started to opening the doors. Only invited friends on guildies so far.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
most folks recruit in the capital citys i see. i just pray it doesnt end up like wow's guild recuitment policy.

Ding 70fully template yourself then maybe we might invite you.

Stupid policy i gave up at 63 because the game was so boring soloing all the time.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
most folks recruit in the capital citys i see. i just pray it doesnt end up like wow's guild recuitment policy.

Stupid policy i gave up at 63 because the game was so boring soloing all the time.

It was like that in DAoC too. People who'd played DAoC from the start just weren't on the receiving end of that kind of treatment when it started to emerge.

Llewellynn

Fledgling Freddie
One reason not to have seen guild spam is that chat regions are really quite small. Outside the Open RvR bits, each Chapter has its own chat region. Someone could be recruiting two minutes down the road and you'd never know.

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
One reason not to have seen guild spam is that chat regions are really quite small. Outside the Open RvR bits, each Chapter has its own chat region. Someone could be recruiting two minutes down the road and you'd never know.

And in one post we have the reason neatly wrapped up...

the chat channals need to be tier wide id say. you can walk 10 yards and swap chat channals... i was chatting to another player yesterday and if eaither of us walked 5 yards left or right we would be talking to ourself..

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

the chat channals need to be tier wide id say. you can walk 10 yards and swap chat channals... i was chatting to another player yesterday and if eaither of us walked 5 yards left or right we would be talking to ourself..

/tell ?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture

i meant pleayers as apposed to player :twak:

The game should have channels like in EVE Online.

E.g. one for guild leaders and officers or ones with invite rights where unguilded players can join, called Recruitment.

I'm a genius.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
how can you be a genius if you just copy somthing from eve, thats called plagarism.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
how can you be a genius if you just copy somthing from eve, thats called plagarism.

I'm a genius for spotting good features and extending them a bit. Sadly I don't have a Warhammer license or you would see it in the game. A proper chat server is MMOG 101 if you ask me.

How is Requiel btw and how is Warhammer without a GM that can send guards your way when you get owned?

:m00:

Bone_Idle

Fledgling Freddie
Destructicons are recruiting now.

Looking for all classes. Will be doing everything from 1 to 40. End game will be rvr/pve stuff. :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think the easiest way is to PM people from guilds you have played with/get on with. It's a pity there is no larger chat channels, or some really important reason to stay in the capital

Pils

Fledgling Freddie

I don't think this will be the case in WAR since the guild lvl's with all it's players. i think it will be way easier to get a guild with alt's and low lvl chars then in WoW. as i see it the guild gains alot from having a lot of active members don't think it will matter what lvl you are

Spankya

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is that you can only have 50 people in a guild. Our guild was full just with people we know after a few days from launch, and thats without alt chars. So I guess many guilds are in the same position and so wont recruit random people but only friends or good players they have met.

Malcolm

Can't get enough of FH
Indeed, our recruitment is closed mostly because right from the start of WAR we already had a shedload of ex-DAoC guildmates (Covenant Of Zak & The Dragon Legion), rl friends and people from our various spin-off guilds in MMOs such as WoW joining our guild.

Belsameth

Tainted
There's a hard cap of 50 on guilds?!?
That's accounts I hope, and not players?

Soazak

Part of the furniture
The problem is that you can only have 50 people in a guild. Our guild was full just with people we know after a few days from launch, and thats without alt chars. So I guess many guilds are in the same position and so wont recruit random people but only friends or good players they have met.

Perhaps a bug specific to your guild, there are currently guilds with more than 50 players.

arknor

Fledgling Freddie
wierd over 50 people in my guild.

ive just been pming random unguilded people to get members, so far seems like ive got a good bunch , we have a website and vent which barely anyone has bothered with so far though.

im going to have to refuse people on guild events if they havent registred on the guild website and they arent willing to atleast listen on vent even if they dont have a mic to force there hands soon i think

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom