Where to hunt at 40+??

O

old.Ashgen

Please forgive my ignorance here, but I would like some advice and input.

I have hit 40 with my Skald and I have no idea where to go now to level. I know of Malmo (just the bad stories maybe) but I do not have the time, or patience, to go on lists and wait for a space :sleeping:.

So, what are the options?

On Albion (no “go home Alb” comments please, this is just a game ;)) there is Avalon City, which from 40+ is great for getting groups (albeit a little more difficult at 43 and under), but I am not aware of any such places in Midgard.

I know there is DF, but that is realm dependant, and I would like to know a source for groups which can pretty much relied upon.

Therefore, I would appreciate some guidance please, and any aspects I should know regarding etiquette etc.

Thank you in anticipation :D.

Ash

S

Suedish

Spindelhalla should be quite good for you mate, first part of it should con yellow/orange to you.
Fairly easy to get groups going there aswell as most of the times its quite a lot of people in spind.

M

mavericky

Darkness Falls is the main alternative to Malmo, groups should be easy to come, main draw back is that we dont always have it.

Other alternatives are Spind

Varul's deeper sections have some higher mobs (upto about lvl 44) and you can take a tour round there, it isnt as camped as spind either.

Dodens is a possibility with a seer (need cure disease for the plague)

Raum is quite good as well, you just need to find a group to go there as it is deserted

O

old.Ashgen

I know ... but ...

I know Spind and Varul very well, spent my recent levels there.

I was after another spot, where level 40+ congregate, and not Malmo.

I am surprised that the SI expansion has not given Midgard an Avalon City equivalent.

I can’t believe that all Midgard use Malmo for 40 to 50?

O

old.Spug

With SI you're sorted for 40+, sadly however most people dont use it to its full potential. When my SM hits 40, I'll be leading our merry band into Iarnwood, then inside the lovely dungeon there, its inhabitants are mainly 45-50, with some ranging higher, the top mob in there is about 68 I think...

Trollheim is also good, but you'd need a fg at 40 I think. Djelling Crater will have blue conn upwards to a level 40, with some nasty purples inside the crater itself. just dont xp on the people of Dellingskad, you'll need good faction for some of the later quests.

Vanern Swamp, and the Hagbui's can be amusing, but watch the forest spiders, they like their privacy.

W

Wend

There aren't really any places where 40+ congregate as you say other than Spind (which on the whole is bad exp really).

Advantage of Spind is most times you can walk in and wait for a group (and it's close to Gna Faste). It's pretty much the only place where you can do that for 40+. Malm has The List, Vanern and Raum are normally deserted and very much out of the way. DF can be good but like you said not reliable and at 40 you will have trouble getting into a diamond group.

There are no places in SI as far as I know where you can just go and get a group. Certainly none of the dungeons.

K

klavrynd

the new dungeon in SI (the big tree thing, i dont know the name) has mixed cons blue->red to 50 , good spawnrate and fantastic cash. give it a try id say

S

Sharma

Trollheim = midgard avalon city, if you can get groups there, xp is well good :)

N

Nonnier

get a grp and head trollheim/dellings crater (around TG, do not enter go into TG however! :))

or get a grp and head deep in df, to nightmares, etc.

those are the only real areas outside of malmo.

B

Brunore

The only problem I have found with Trollheim is the phucked LOS in some areas, it can be a nightmare for seers trying to heal and you get the "cannot see target" even when you are next to them o_O

Other than that, Trollhiem is a cool place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom