Where the hell can you buy DAOC !!

N

-Nxs-

In a vain attempt to get some more players, I thaught it would be a good idea to get some friends hooked on the game for xmass pressies.

I live a short distance from Reading so took the train there today, for anyone that doesn't know Reading town centre is quite a size and full of shops willing to take my money.

Looking for a copy of DAOC i tried... in no particulat order.

EB store (now called Game)
Game (there main store too)
Virgin Gamestore (virgin shop just stocks computer games)
HMV
Virgin Megastore
WH Smiths (scraping the bottom of the barrel)
2 local game stores

And guess what..... none of them had the game, and this wasnt just looking, I even asked members of staff in most of the stores.

had to find some other xmass pressies... sniff sniff

So despite some advertising for SI, you still cant buy a copy of DAOC in Reading.

E

Exiled

or i think play.co.uk i know gameplay.co.uk have it, where i bought it

N

-Nxs-

Thats beside the point, dont you people think it should be in the shops ??

Amazon.co.uk returned no results searching for software "camelot"
game.co.uk was out of stock
play.com had them in stock but its a little late for mail order now

Im sure most other people leave xmass shopping until the last minute like me too :)

E

Exiled

i know its crap, had the same problems when i tryed to buy UO,

M

^MisterJingo^

A few friends I convinced to buy the game could'nd find it either. Tried Nottingham, Leeds and Birmingham to name a few. Couldnt find it anywhere, some shops even said they wouldnt be having any more copies back in. They ended up ordering from amazon.co.uk (which had a two week wait on the game.)

O

old.Charonel

Q = Where the hell can you buy DAOC !!

A = try france, or the internet. but it's not in england anymore :(, and really hasnt been since about 2weeks after release either :rolleyes:

O

old.Glendower

that sucks

Tell ya what, go to the Camelot Herald and down at the bottom on the left is a link to send feedback...bitch to Mythic about the game not being in stores and advertised.

It is probable that that is covered by the franchise contract and they might take action if enough folks complain.

C

Cadire

I visit the US a fair bit, and the American version has been available in all of the games stores I've looked in.

Strange why it isn't available here.

O

old.TeaSpoon

One of my guild mates went looking the Mall at Bristol Cribbs. He was told that they had taken it off the shelves due to the heavy patching needed to play it, and that they would release a new copy with SI as an up-to-date double disc box.

K

kestral

http://www.amazon.co.uk has Dark Age of Camelot, both with and without strategy guide, for 18.99 pounds, shipping within 24 hours. Not so bad I don't think though it really ought to be in the shops.

N

-Nxs-

So the general concesus is you cany buy DAOC from stores anymore..... damn thats a shame

Wonder if having copies on shelves in your local game store would help bring new members onto the english servers ?

O

old.TeaSpoon

*hijack time*

Euthanasia - Where'd ya hear that? :)

X

x157anz

I had the same problem ! :(

Weant everywere looking for this , but they all said they were getting more in the new year, so i just orderd it off Amazon.co.uk, they said it would take 3 days to deliver, but a day later it came through the post :)

£20.90 in total. 98p more than shops, but you dont have to travel for it :D

G

gas-oline

Shameless Self Advertising

Or you could phone The Games Arena on 01803 525809

I have it in stock for 19.99 with free recorded delivery :D

/End of pimping

I

illu

I'm sure I bought my second copy in HMV in Oxford Street, but yes - I also had all kinds of trouble finding it...(this was about 3 months ago). My first copy I got in Edinburgh on the day it was released (some time in Feb :))

Oli - ILLU

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom