where is this game going 2 ???

Gamah

Banned
Just a point about minstrels, we can charm sure but I'll be damned if you find a minstrel that wants to sacrifice stealth and ablative (tough to twist in a fight)..With the odd exception of some who sometimes charms a pet for a laugh..but its not a viable option in RvR.

Also the only "plate" wearers are practicly extinct now in RvR much the same way as the savage. Also wow an armans gets plate, still its one of the worst classes in the game, I fail to see how plate makes an armsman perform better than say a warrior.

Mids maybe not have a pet spam class, but runemasters have the highest? bolt delve in game? (correct me if im wrong) A lifetapping spiritmaster with a pet that intercepts way too much..and an insta lifetapping interupting BD with his own healer pets.

Ahh yes the shroom hp nerf..disaster !! ahh you can kill them with twf..well be my guest to get close to 15 shrooms nuking for 150 a pop intime to drop twf and live afterwards.

It's always been hard to find ppl needed for fg rvr in mid, hib I never tried much grp rvr, mostly stealther, which I really hate after ranger being my main for a few years.

Speaks for itself, how can you make valued judgements about one realms RvR lets say fg, if you have hardly played in this set up?

With regards to the savages and zerks, I was making a point about the past states of the game, to try to show you that alb don't have it as easy as you think. It sounds as though you have never played alb? Maybe you should try playing against bd's, shrooms and baseline stun before you make these grand claims that alb is easymode.

All it sounds like you have done is gathered loads of facts and stats on paper, well sorry to say the game (imo) does not pan out like it sounds on paper and in relaity alb is not as easy to play as you think.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Actually the highest bolt delve is in fire specline at wizards:
Fire Wizard: 331.5
Earth Wizard: 309.4
Void Eldritch: 309.4
Runecarving RM: 317.2
(Source: Clicky)

Atleast I do my research before I open my mouth. Also mids don't have a class at all who can charm. Albs have 2, hibs have 1, yea true mids have hunters, but who on earth rolls a hunter to be able to charm mobs below lvl 50.
You're right, I never played alb (apart from Gorre and lowbies on camlann and german/french servers), but I played against them a lot, I read posts about people playing them, I have seen recordings of players showing off their skills. I know I die to most alb classes within 1 second on my savage, or practically any class I play when I run solo. I do know about hib group rvr, but not to the extent that I know mid group rvr. I've played my BM in RvR, I've played ranger, I've played healer, shaman, savage, skald, warrior, RM, hero, druid, bard, NS in RvR. On Gorre I played minstrel, paladin, friar, sorc, reaver, mercenary, scout... I read patch notes to keep myself uptodate about what happens in the game I play, but as of late I don't really read anything positive enough to keep my interest anymore.
You might not think I'm qualified to post the statements I post, but then again.. who are. We're just players who interpret the game in our own various ways, and the bigger part of the community haven't the slightest idea about how the different classes were supposed to be from day 1. All I do know is that I take notice of what happens when I play. When I'm curious about something I go to the web and look for info written by other players. But if my word isn't good enough for you, then that's just too bad.. but so far you haven't posted anything that convinces me that midgard and hibernia is equal to albion concerning class balance and RvR.

Marc

FH is my second home
doac will take another population hit when WoW is finally released, but it wont be the end of daoc. Some will leave wow and come back, some will stay. Who cares. What annoys me is the school kids who just cant help but post on the FH forums "i quit half a year ago ner ner ner ner ner" or "daoc sucks, wow rox" etc etc. ARe you proud you quit? If you are, gratz i guess.

Doink-666

Fledgling Freddie
Elitestoner said:
and why do all u people who have retired and are waiting for WoW still read these boards and do nothing but qq about daoc and say how great WoW is supposed to be..

Because its like meeting someone whose finished smoking and they're all proud of themselves for doing it. They'll go around blurting it out to everyone but in truth no one gives a flying fuck :D

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
Doink, that is so true.

Goes for pretty much everyone who 'quit' or moved to WoW. All they do is provide noise here.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
Which is why I said correct me if I am wrong. Idiot.
Don't get me wrong, I like a good discussion - but when you say that I don't know what I'm talking about, and then you post something that shows that you yourself have no idea at all, and then call me an idiot for pointing it out, I just can't take you serious.

Tesla, Doink, it IS difficult to stop smoking.. until you (you as in people) tried stopping yourself I can understand why ppl don't give a damn, but it's a pretty good achievement to stop smoking imo :) Don't know if I agree on the noise tho.. people are free to spend their time whatever way they want to (within certain legal limits of course.. common sense and all that), so I can't say it harms me that much.. but maybe I just haven't paid attention to the people you refer to.

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
Nausilus^^ said:
Actually the highest bolt delve is in fire specline at wizards:
Fire Wizard: 331.5
Earth Wizard: 309.4
Void Eldritch: 309.4
Runecarving RM: 317.2

Dont forget that bolts use the same armour damage tables as legendary weapons too, with a table that looks like this:

______________Heat___Cold___Matter___Energy

all Cloth_______+0%____+0%_____+0%______+0%
all Leather____+15%___-10%_____-5%______+0%
Studded/Reinf__-10%____+5%_____+5%______+5%
all Chain______-10%____+0%_____+0%_____+10%
Plate/Scale____-10%___+10%____-10%_____+10%
(from:VoS

So runies doing energy (one small plus, 2 medium plusses) and eldies doing cold (one medium minus, one small plus one medium plus) have a bit of a bonus from this compared to wizzies doing heat (one BIG plus 3 medium minuses).

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
With spell piercing and +% spell dmg from toa templates, that's just a minor thing imo. The minus on fire bolts doesn't seem to prevent wizzies from nuking very high on any armor (and it's the same with eldritch and runemaster bolts). Bolts hurt no matter who casts them. But the question was what class had the highest delve, and that's wizzie no matter what resists are taken into consideration :)

Gamah

Banned
Nausilus^^ said:
Don't get me wrong, I like a good discussion - but when you say that I don't know what I'm talking about, and then you post something that shows that you yourself have no idea at all, and then call me an idiot for pointing it out, I just can't take you serious.

Tesla, Doink, it IS difficult to stop smoking.. until you (you as in people) tried stopping yourself I can understand why ppl don't give a damn, but it's a pretty good achievement to stop smoking imo :) Don't know if I agree on the noise tho.. people are free to spend their time whatever way they want to (within certain legal limits of course.. common sense and all that), so I can't say it harms me that much.. but maybe I just haven't paid attention to the people you refer to.

I have every idea what I'm talking about, I just didn't know that point. Just because I don't know one thing doesn't mean I don't know anything. You make "some" valid points but you argue froma pure stats pov..and I'm saying its flawed to do that without experiancing it first hand.

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
Gamah said:
I have every idea what I'm talking about, I just didn't know that point. Just because I don't know one thing doesn't mean I don't know anything. You make "some" valid points but you argue froma pure stats pov..and I'm saying its flawed to do that without experiancing it first hand.
Hey that's fine.. but consider another word than idiot some other time perhaps :)
I do believe I've played a large number of various classes in both PvE and PvP. Maybe Gorre isn't the best place to judge from, I agree to that, but I HAVE played reaver and paladin on a normal server in RvR too. Besides, I also know what other people tell me from their own experiences, and I try to judge from that as well. Normally I try to be as neutral as possible, but when looking at RvR as it is today (not before any nerfs some time ago, but today), Albs have a clear advantage. Maybe not in class balance, although I still think that plays an important factor, but then atleast in pure numbers. Hibs have never had big numbers in RvR, and Mids are leaving the game in large numbers.. I'm certain Hibs and Albs have their fair share of people leaving the game, but in this matter I can only judge from what I see on a day to day basis in the realm I play.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Voltage said:
Dont forget that bolts use the same armour damage tables as legendary weapons too
Casters is all it matters on rly anyway and everyone does the same on cloth so..

Voltage

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:
Casters is all it matters on rly anyway and everyone does the same on cloth so..

Indeed, tho my spec bolt always seems to miss the squishies and leaves them on 10% hps after the other 2 :(

Lakih

Resident Freddy
Tesla Monkor said:
Doink, that is so true.

Goes for pretty much everyone who 'quit' or moved to WoW. All they do is provide noise here.

Ive quit daoc, i got friends who still play... so, just because im not playing i cant hang around with my friends?
Just 'cus you found two or three bad apples doesnt make the whole box rotten...

:m00:

nerfbbs

Fledgling Freddie
how thw game went to hell ?

I'm sure I'm not the only person who found the best thing in the game was meeting ppl u like, joining a guild and playiing in groups, even if nothing was happening the chat cud be hilarious.

When they made the changes that brought in vast numbers of bb's they killed at a stroke grouping and turned lvling toons into a PL grind.

I would be interested if any1 at Mythic actually did any market research on the effects of that - they said quite openly that they did it for the money but I know a lot of people who left because they couldn't get groups, didn't want to or couldn't afford to buy 2 accounts and I personally stopped recommending the game to friends when the groups dired up.

RVR in New Frontiers - despite the imbalances and bugs and lag problems is generally fun tho bridge camping and archer assisting and a few other lame ass gankwank techniques piss everybody off but I take care to make sure to TWF the most annoying bastards whether I die or not - nothing better than adding and firing a TWF and ML8 into a group of rr9+ toons who cant think of anything better to do than camp a dock.

See that Pryd Mid seems to be disintegrating - does this have anything to do with the fact that Orenthal can't take his group to Renaris anymore and farm Albs for days on end. No doubt when the next lot of 'adjustments' is made some other realm will be complaining. It is EXTREMELY hard to justify the Hib realm bonus atm seeing as they have 3 relics and an active population around that of Midgard now - they will probably solve that by giving Mid a realm bonus too and then people will be complaining about Alb zergs. Being a member of a realm defence guild (Guardians of Power) an alb zerg is the ONLY way to take a keep with 3 or 4 shroomers in it and Reavers and casters have already noticed that archers have a list of who to assist on it seems - was blocking for a wiz yesterday who had 9 archers on him and 2 palintones - stoopid really as we repaired the tower while they were doing that but why shud I tell the enemy what tactics to use ( won't mention that BD's also get TWF seeing as Mids don't seem to know)

When WOW comes out I will be playing it but I will also continue with DAOC unless someone can tell me that WOW is not gonna have the same or similar problems to DAOC in the future - just hope that there a re no bb's and I'm happy to see cheats and haxors being banned wholesale in the US just wish I could get screenies of lag casters but by the time it's happened I'm usually face down in the dirt.

Just a few thoughts from an Alb who is happythat for the first time in a year or so we can really compete even if 3 of my toons have been made irrelevant because of recent vhanges to the game.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Voltage said:
Indeed, tho my spec bolt always seems to miss the squishies and leaves them on 10% hps after the other 2 :(
Rude :(

Haggus

Can't get enough of FH
Sick of QQ'ers

If you don't like it don't play it,
If it kills you within 3 hits, don't get hit
If theres a stealth zerg that you know about, don't go there
If theres a opted fotm fucking omgwtfpwnage group running about, Don't RVR
If you wanna QQ about an opted class then be my guest, but have some decency and think you your class/realm before you do it and think about the consequenses!
If you wanna beat the best, become the best and stop QQ'ing
If theres a FG running about make a fg and go kill them

Why do you RvR m8s?; To have fun? maybe; To spend some good times with your friends out in the fronties? possible; OR, maybe your just out there to get some apreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!, Yes its true!!! (omg m8s) most people RvR to get RP's (am i wrong?) AND in most cases people will do what it takes and sometime anymeans possible to get them - If it means rolling a fotm class that can own a fg and still have 100%hp left.... It's one of the main reasons why people RvR/do PvP !

So if your getting farmed by a solo stealther and your sick of him killing you all the time, get your m8s down and we'll show him whos boss!! Yes thats how it works, Stop the fucking so lame QQ'ing and get back to getting farmed or doing what you do best.

IMHO thats what i think, yes i've kept my whine in for agesssssss. But this is just my opinion, take it as whine if you must but if i met you irl, they'd be 2 things to say to you; GROW UP. (tbh that mostly goes to all the whiners out there that arn't fotm and have to moan about it because its THERE fault there not fotm)

Cheers,

Haggus!

Wub me if you dare

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie
a misguided mid said:
sorcs have the possibility of speccing the RA juggernaught making it a bit tougher

oh dear :<

atm alb is overpowering cos we got power relics and reaver bombs are fairly powerfull as well (if a little rare). Sorcs are very powerfull but alb relys on them alot and most groups focus around the sorcs performance.

But mid has the healer, which in group on group rvr is by far the best class out there. Every for of CC including fz and two forms of it instant. They also got SM's which are at least equal to cabalists with slightly more utility but w/o the ability 2 debuff their own dmg. SM pets are probably better though (intercept, lifetaps and stun on the same pet).

dont get me started on bd's :p

There are also shammys in every mid group i see making them very nuke resistant and wardens in most hib groups where as friars are only just starting 2 creep back after a long time with no chance whatso ever of getting groups :p

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Oldfaravid said:
Hahaahaha hohohohoho ghahgahgghagh hahaaaa...

And now for some constructive points.. there is just 2 words for this game right now "Game Over".
QUOTE]

doac is not dead, if it was dead.. Catacombs would have been scrapped for EU release ...why would they release an expansion for a "dead" game... i can bet daoc will still be going in 6months time from now even though i will be playing DnL instead ;)

Oh btw, if what u said is your constructive work then i dread to hear what your none constructive points are :m00:

Nausilus^^

Can't get enough of FH
a non-reading alb said:
oh dear :<
If you care to read on you'll notice that I realized my mistake and corrected it ;)
It's just because I had seen some very big pets, that could've only been charmed, so I mistook them for being sorc pets with juggernaught.. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings :cheers:

duran.3d

Fledgling Freddie
DaoC is dying, bla bla bla, everybody moving to WoW (sometime ago it was SWG), bla bla bla. :twak:

Gamah

Banned
Nausilus^^ said:
If you care to read on you'll notice that I realized my mistake and corrected it ;)
It's just because I had seen some very big pets, that could've only been charmed, so I mistook them for being sorc pets with juggernaught.. I'm sorry if it hurt your feelings :cheers:

You hurt my feelings 4v1ing me at beno docks..please be sorry and stop doing it :(.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom