Where is Finster?

H

hercules-df

Most old school ppl would remember this dude, he was the first and prolly only proper alb rvr leader, never forget all the keep raids and RRs with him, Zoyster was usually with him + the whole alb zerg actually listened to them, SHOCKER!!!. People were told to STFU in not so many words on open chat, and stick to their grp leader or zerg driver when moving, spread out when apporaching possible conflict areas and to stay together, simple tactics, but in those days it actually happend.

most of the time, the battle or raid was enjoyable weather we won or lost, and 99% of the army was there at the end, (not split into 6 parts 5 minutes apart)

A few people didnt like him from what I remember, but they are prolly the reason alb rvr is so poor these days :)

I remember him moving to midgard, but not seen much of him since about 8 months ago. Anyone know if he still plays at all?

Gif Finster back 2 Alb 4 Teh Win11!!!!!

N

Novamir

finster deleted and moved to mid / NP aaaaaages ago.. has a rr6 SB mid exc now. last seen playing his hib/pryd eldie

C

cougar-

finster is one the best players ive had the pleasure playing with, playing with NP on hib/pryd, mid/exc and as tilde said with some german friends on dartmoor.

T

thagran

Funny how peoples memorys are affected by time.

From what I remember of finster his favourite words and tactic was to yell retreat when half the army were engaged or standing there mezzed ready to be picked off by the hibs or mids.

And during Relic raids doing the same thing yelling out move to the south and regroup as we'd already engaged a mid defending army and getting half of it wiped as the other half ran off.

I'm sure he had his good points but most people considered him a bit of a joke as a leader from what I remember at the time.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by thagran
Funny how peoples memorys are affected by time.

From what I remember of finster his favourite words and tactic was to yell retreat when half the army were engaged or standing there mezzed ready to be picked off by the hibs or mids.

And during Relic raids doing the same thing yelling out move to the south and regroup as we'd already engaged a mid defending army and getting half of it wiped as the other half ran off.

I'm sure he had his good points but most people considered him a bit of a joke as a leader from what I remember at the time.

Yea, your relic raids where far more sucessfull.

F

Flimgoblin

I was too low level to remember Finster's leadership (or lack of it depending on who you believe)

but do we really want to bring back someone that gave up and joined the easy side?

O

old.Sepiritz

Atleast Finster did something, he was out doing raids while some other guild and people were just flaming away and didnt do anything themselves.
I know who I'd follow any day. It sure as hell arent the gimps who are trying to flame someone for doing something.

Oh and there was nothing wrong with Finsters leadership, not his fault some people werent listening because they thought they knew better..

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
I was too low level to remember Finster's leadership (or lack of it depending on who you believe)

but do we really want to bring back someone that gave up and joined the easy side?

Albion was teh easy side then, zerg + leadership = :eek6:

O

old.Nol

FYI Finster jumped prior to cleric nerfage, when smite ruled the plains of emain.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by old.Nol
FYI Finster jumped prior to cleric nerfage, when smite ruled the plains of emain.

That was after they fixed stunguard though?

oh well in that case
bwing back finster!

O

old.LandShark

That was after they fixed stunguard though?

oh well in that case
bwing back finster!

That makes no sense, surely? ;)
He left before the cleric nerf, I think in fact before it had even been anounced in America, and went midgard immediately after chainstun caught the nerfbat.

W

-Wedge-

Hmm, all I can remember was that he called me a n00b, because I mentioned in a PM that he should inform 'his' troops about his next step or what he was planning because they where getting bored and leaving...

Yes lets bring back some prime Albions... :rolleyes:

B

Belomar

Rose-tinted glasses and all that. I don't doubt that Finster was a good Albion player. However, the situation we have now with so many level 50s and so many players actively participating in RvR simply does not lend itself to a single leader.

C

Carlos Bananos

Originally posted by Arthwyr
It's a different game now.

Aye, who needs skill an tactics when you can get 50 of your m8s as backup.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by Carlos Bananos
Aye, who needs skill an tactics when you can get 50 of your m8s as backup.
Yeah. Or set your alarm clocks appropriately. (Even if did happen in those days too.) Get the idea, Carlos Bananos? Stop flogging a dead horse.

B

bult

in 1 thread leading 60 albs telling em were to go is beeing a lame zerger with no skill...

in another thread leading 60 albs telling em were to go is great leadership and skill...

k.

O

old.chipper

finster was a very nice person and the RvR we had under his leadership was organised and well structured yes he made mistakes but he had his triumphs as well

as i remember it every major guild of the time voted finster as RvR commander with gregorian as his right hand man

but as arthwyr said its a different game now alot of the people who played then are either on different realms/servers or quit and the guilds no longer exist fetchin finster back will not change albions RvR

frankly although there are quite a few decent ppl on alb who are considerate and know how to treat people there are also so many assholes there now who think they know best etc but infact know nothing.

our alliance backk then was the best i had even to this day and im in the largest alliance in the entire game atm

bring back RB, praetorians, team cow, SS, hell why not even orden hispanica ;) and all will be well :D

p.s. the alliance back then did not zerg it split up into units to retake keeps attack keeps etc and it worked exceptionally well. in RvR it used to be guild jobbies as many grps as guild could get middies started the zergs off albs simply responded when needed to, unfortunately they stuck in the habit of zerging now and every other realm has had to adopt the same policy.

H

hercules-df

hehe, yes, Bring back all the crazy spanish guilds, so we can let em loose in emain once more, hibs mad skillz wont beable to cope with a zerg of loonys :)

K

K0nah

who cares...

"CHARGEEEEE!!1"

sun tzu - circa 120BC

O

old.Filip

Bring back all the crazy spanish guilds, so we can let em loose in emain once more

allso knowen as the 2handed pally squard ???

disclaimer: no harm or disrespect intended... me and some RL friends refere to them as the tank wall ... we like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom