Where does the term 'Zerg' come from, anyway?

F

frogster

Starcraft afaik :O
But dont quote me on that :O

J

Jupitus

It's an ancient mistype from the birth of DAoC in Europe, where players referred to the numbers needed to kill the notorious GOA henchman, Zargar, and his evil minion of doom, TEH KMOAR!!11 (tm).

Time has taken this word, as pebbles may change in their drift along the shore, and it has now become the affectionate term 'Zerg'.

:)

U

Urgat Rip-Eye

Heh

Jupe mate...

You GOTTA get me some of that gear!

By the looks of it... it is awsome stuff!

:)

A

Addlcove

zerg_2.jpg

that´s a 'zerg'

O

osy

Addl, that's a hydralisk, numbnut. You get 2 points just for the effort, anyway.

A

Addlcove

picture name is Zerg, never played starcraft have no idea how they look ;)

O

oldtimer

"Zerging" is probably an adaption of a popular game tactic when playing multiplayer games of Starcraft. One side, The Zerg had a very cheap low level unit called Zergling that you could massproduce fast in the beginning of a game. When you had a huge number of them you lassoed them, moved to the enemy base and overwhelmed your opponent.

The foremost treat of the Zergling rush tactic was that it didnt require brains, just brawn. So it is quite a good choice of word for the win by numbers tactic in emain, dont you think?

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Osy
Addl, that's a hydralisk, numbnut. You get 2 points just for the effort, anyway.

Actually it's a zerg also. Zerglings are the little critters:

zergling.jpg

Here's a picture of a "rush" tactic or a "zerg" as it's known:

pic53.jpg

So both are right. Addlcove in the sense that the race is Zerg, so that also is a Zerg.

osy on the other hand is right about it being a hydra.

O

old.Hellskor

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

osy on the other hand is right about it being a hydra.

Hydralisk !!!!111

a Hydra is some ewul beast with multiple heads that spawns two more heads if you cut one off :D

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Hellskor
Hydralisk !!!!111

a Hydra is some ewul beast with multiple heads that spawns two more heads if you cut one off :D

Yes. I didn't think i would have to write the whole name since osy said it allready :p

Oh and the heads won't grow if you burn the flesh with a torch or a flamethrower or a lighter if you're 31337 :D

Z

Zebolt

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Here's a picture of a "rush" tactic or a "zerg" as it's known:
Rush is when you make a few Zerglings asap and rush before the other player have built anything troops.

Zerg is when you make about 8 Hatcherys (Zergling provider) and make an endless stream of zerglins by growing new at the same speed they die. Allso called a "Zergling Stream".

IMO :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom