Where did you level 1-50 in the old days?

Aragyn

Fledgling Freddie
Didnt do that to much on my first char, but alot of DF, SP, mithra, catas, pkb, nbm etc :p All over really ;)

Everz

FH is my second home
Cammy Hills --> Mithra --> Keltoi ---> Cornwall ---> Barrows/Lyonesse..

On my necro on US :p

Outlander

Part of the furniture
campcorentin forest/cammy hills > mithra > salisbury plains/Avalon marsh > keltoi > Cornwall > Lyonesse/Barrows > Lyonesse.

That was with my infiltrator anyways.
:)

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Leveled all over, which used to make things more interesting. Now it's keltoi > barrows > ac, when not just ac :x Started out in campa station for some bizarre reason and walked to camelot (couldn't afford a horse ticket xD) and got ganked on salisbury plains by some nymph or smtn, which made me think it was a high lvl place :x

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Every zone of old classic daoc. then from 43 something -> pygmy when I discovered them being good and fast, so grinded them for hours and hours with a small group of 5~.

I left Catacombs at level 31

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Straef said:
Leveled all over, which used to make things more interesting. Now it's keltoi > barrows > ac, when not just ac :x Started out in campa station for some bizarre reason and walked to camelot (couldn't afford a horse ticket xD) and got ganked on salisbury plains by some nymph or smtn, which made me think it was a high lvl place :x

Same here :p.

Also loved the critshot and autopulls at Pygmy's. Seeing a group run in fear was the highlight of an evening :D.

Soloing them with cabby isn't the same :(

Maff

Fledgling Freddie
Cammy hills silburys plains (some many deaths) Keltoi Cornwall Catacoms Barrows ellys and raven clad giants, the goblin house's and twee's AC.
loved the barrows but the temp and his 2 adds hated me(paly epic i blame)
i loved soloing in the barrows as a pally then when the End chant came out when i was 49 that last few bulbs went fast :clap:

Tosen

Part of the furniture
Cammy hills > salis (bandit farm ftw) > Salis giants > Cornwall > Outside Cardova > Boogeys behind yarleys > Lyonesse (the trees on ther right there) > Telamons > Barrows when I could get a grp :)

I remember Smellysox was the champ of Telamons... he farmed there for years >.< ! It was truely insane, I've never been out there without him farming them :worthy:

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Ah, memories!

I started playing with my scout first, spend quite a while in Campacorentin Forest where some friend showed me the ways of DAoC, he was level 6 (!) and together we killed some of those zombies near Caer Ulfwych. But before I got there I was killing the little stuff near that tower where you start out with some wizard. (He quit the game though. :()

After that I roamed into Avalon Marsh, spend quite a few hours marvelling at the SI portal that for some reason wouldn't let me through, but would let everyone else. I figured it was a special high level zone or something. Then I managed to get stuck in Cornwall where, eventually, I died to those archers behind Cornwall Station.

Then I managed to get a horse ticket to Camelot.. Whoo boy was I impressed with the trip, it took ages and I saw all those new areas. After that I spend a while in Mithra and South Black Mountains, eventually followed up by the first BG where I discovered there weren't enough rejuv clerics around..

Then I rolled my cleric, levelled him to 8 near Humberton, then I got to Mithra, grouped there for ages, think I left there at level 15 or something, ventured into DF where I managed to get killed by those rats. :p

I levelled to 45 without in Classic and Frontiers as I didn't get Shrouded Isles until I was around 45, after that I spend a great deal of my time in Avalon City where I eventually dinged 50 at Taskers.

Achilles

One of Freddy's beloved
Cam hills, Mithra, Bandit camp, SP/cornwall, Keltoi/SP, Catacombs/dunters, Gobos/other random stuff in Lyon, Tweeees for ever and ever!!!/DF.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
So many memories! The rock monsters at the "hub" of Albion (Prydwen Bridge), the guards (and horses) at the top of Salisbury Plains by the river, the absolutely crazy Giants what aggroed from miles away and ran faster than your sprint. The Ant room in Keltoi (you needed an uber opted group just to get there). Boogys, Catacombs, Trees (the little ones) in Lyonesse by the Danonian Clerks. Then the Goblins. And then the Goblins. Followed by Goblins. Not forgetting Goblins. Queuing to get in the groups (forming along the waters edge). Maybe barrows for a little change (if you didn't mind dying a lot), before returning back to the goblins. Finishing off on the big trees (the group had to be opted to kill them though)

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yes, I forgot those rock things and Keltoi! :) And broken bridge on Salisbury Plains, so much fun was there to be had in Salisbury Plains.. Especially if, mid-fight, one of those crazy giants decided to pound the cleric into the ground. :p I remember Keltoi so well, I was always there with some paladin who had his armor dyed completely green, I still have him in my friends list, but he never logs on. :( And Barrows was and still is, the devil reincarnate. :p Such evil mobs, especially once you had to get down and cross the bridge to the wights.. And when someone accidentally AoEd the Templar Avenger, haha!

Faith

Fledgling Freddie
goth to wearyall route

had my favourite route:

started in goth. soggy's etc (before i had /lvl) worked round along the lakes
up to the flames on avalonmarsh border. then..
Haunted appletrees, Gray Ghosts, Drakorans, Shipwrecked (near wearyall)
after that id head back to goth and go to Lyonese, then finaly into AC entrance.

i never spent time in barrows. tried to avoid dungeons on Alb, i liked the outdoors life.

on midgard i just lived in DF and spindella. always struggled there later lvls or xp spots tho.

remember the Snow Crabs spot pre NF? up round the corner to svasud.

...infact a lot of the Old Frontiers had great camp spots..
<cries like the naked indian on waynes world>
look what they did to our lands

all the old xp routes/spots i used to love :clap:
was just as much part of the game as the rvr was.
never in a rush to get 50 back then

leviathane

Part of the furniture
adribards retreat > cam hills> salisbury plains> keltoi> barrows/cornwall> gobbos from 33-50

Deepflame

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe, I prefered roaming the classic zones. I still do actually. I know the classic zones and Camelot from top of my head and I can pretty much find anything quest related without checking on camelot.allakhazam.com there. :p At one point I knew Camelot Hills so well I could find my way blind folded! :D "I'm at this tree eh? Then I need to head that direction to get to Castle Sauvage!", I didn't even need the compass anymore. :)

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
Deepflame said:
At one point I knew Camelot Hills so well I could find my way blind folded! :D "I'm at this tree eh? Then I need to head that direction to get to Castle Sauvage!", I didn't even need the compass anymore. :)

Trust me, it's true >.< He still scares me :(

Vermillon

One of Freddy's beloved
Deepflame said:
Ah yes, I forgot those rock things and Keltoi! :) And broken bridge on Salisbury Plains, so much fun was there to be had in Salisbury Plains.. Especially if, mid-fight, one of those crazy giants decided to pound the cleric into the ground. :p I remember Keltoi so well, I was always there with some paladin who had his armor dyed completely green, I still have him in my friends list, but he never logs on. :( And Barrows was and still is, the devil reincarnate. :p Such evil mobs, especially once you had to get down and cross the bridge to the wights.. And when someone accidentally AoEd the Templar Avenger, haha!

Was the paladins name Bartar?

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
oh yeah, I was the one who bumped into the ellyl valley, the feeling was O_O. I was completely amazed :p Then made a grp and XPOOOOREEEEEED some there! :>

I miss you Bethene :/

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
1-5 Lowbie zones, untill i could afford a horse to Camelot!
5-10 Bandits/druids etc, I could charm things!
10-15 Grove nymphs!
16-20 Sailbury Giants/Boars/Cocks
20-27 Cornwall Moor boognys/Elder Beachwoods
27-31 Catacombs
32-34 Lyoness mobs with krill
35-39 Pygmy goblin Auto pulls in Cornwall/Lyoness
40-50 Tanglers

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
I remember actually xp'ing on mobs in hw with a group of t30 people, without getting ganked, tho it was more like pl I guess, rest of the group being redcon-ish.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Straef said:
I remember actually xp'ing on mobs in hw with a group of t30 people, without getting ganked, tho it was more like pl I guess, rest of the group being redcon-ish.

You always were a PL'd noskills noob :(

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Hmm, my very first toon was runemaster. Leveled it up to 20ish something. Worked my way out towards the harder mobs from Vasudheim.

But my very first main char I got to 50 was a cleric on Alb/Pryd.

- Started at Prydwen Keep
- Boulders at PKB
- Salisbury Plains
- Darkness Falls
- A bit of XP'ing in Barrows as well
- Avalon City

leviathane

Part of the furniture
deaths always were fun in salisbury

again.jpg

spamming debuffs on mobs lyonesse mobs when i was only lvl 14 cos the spell effect looked kewl.

taloncoat.jpg

leviathane

Part of the furniture
a spot of RvR was always good fun to break up the grind of PvE

sshot011.jpg

even if i was only lvl 14 :m00:

sshot012.jpg

finally 50 and DF comes out, heres legion in all his Glory.

legion2.jpg

leviathane

Part of the furniture
now for a few fun ones from my time in toa/ RF. Even mobs zerg you in this patch

sshot00004.jpg

which i think what mids took to mind

sshot00009.jpg

an just for fun how sexeh did i look btw :D

sshot00005.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom