~Mobius~

is gorre changing?
i heard today but the day is starting to draw on

O

old.Jerioth

Maybe they will delay it till tomorrow now :rolleyes:

N

)nick(

Kemor whats going on we want to try 1.48 out!

O

old.mili

i sent an email thingy through RightNow so im expecting a reply sometime next week, then i can tell you what they tell me, if Kemor doesnt reply on here that is.

N

NetNifty

shuld be any time now - the patcher thing on the update.dat for Gorre gives me a 404 error - so GOA have deleted the old German patch and are now setting up the engish one probably :)

O

old.mili

i just went to go on it and now its french again :sleeping:

Z

zilch

Hmm i getting the 404 error.....no french for me

N

)nick(

Tik tok. Goa are still playing a couple of CS matches before they start copying over the database.

B

Brannor McThife

Ok, ok. Enough with the CS digs. I started the rumour, and it's just that. A rumour. The truth is they've all flown down to Korea to watch France in the semi-finals. oh wait... :cool:

-G

O

old.cerebus

Do GOA not realise that if one of their employees took 1 minute out of their busy work schedule to post a 1 line message about their progress on things like this then most of us would be satisfied?

It's little things like this that piss most people off, if you say the servers will be english, do it. If there's a problem, tell us about it.

I know we don't have a right to tell you how to run your business, it's just simple advice to ensure you still have a business to run.

Mind you, I play on Prydwen, what do I care?

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by cerebus
...then most of us would be satisfied?

That's where you're wrong, and that's why they don't do it. Because whatever they post, will be picked apart faster than a dead zebra in a dessert.

And they've said before, they're not going to give "live" commentary of their progress.

/em shrugs.

-G

O

old.Biffsmash

I would be satisfied..

Info is the key... something? a little?? anything? ;)

M

~Mobius~

Originally posted by mili
i sent an email thingy through RightNow so im expecting a reply sometime next week, then i can tell you what they tell me, if Kemor doesnt reply on here that is.

rofl :)

F

Flimgoblin

waaah :( so much for the guild invasion .. (again)

Bah :) not gonna be able to test over the weekend either..

*sulks*

Guess I can wait for monday (if it's gonna be still english then) or the live date...

O

old.mili

I was thinkin GOA might be getingt thrills from disapointing people( they have done it so many times it makes me wanna :puke: ), thanks for the update Kemor.

F

Flimgoblin

Sod's law...

The moment they started thinking
'Cool, nothing major, we can get it to English tomorrow' it'll have all blown up.

O

old.Valerik

Update (06/20/2002): Another little delay for the opening of GORRE with the English version.It will not probably not be today but tomorrow.

:D

O

old.mili

this will probably happen on patch day too, they will get French and German servers up to date then decide there is something wrong with the English servers so there will be another "little delay" for 5 days

F

Flimgoblin

That's right mili :) they really hate us all...

:rolleyes:

Although sods law has it that there'll be some hideously huge bug that we won't find on Gorre that only exists only on the English version... thus giving the same result...

I'd go with that theory over the malicious intent one if you're wanting to be paranoid ;)

R

Rutger Hauer

Well guys I see your all eagarly expecting the english translation test on GORRE but can I ask one question...

Why?

I can understand GOA doing a translation test on the French & German versions but the english version?

really?

did the US not have and test this version months ago?

I can understand people wanting to play the updated material, but with the patch hopefully happening next week what's the point?

You'll never get an alt character to any sufficient level to test any of the new stuff, and any new levels you gain with your excal character copy will be deleted.

So why is GOA even proceeding with the english version tests?

like I said they've been done by our American chums, so porting over already checked code just seems a waste of time (imo)

or did GOA take the original Mythic english code and translate it all into French and are now just changing it back again? (j/k)

Would give a rational explanation to the rather lengthy translation period (has it really been 3 months?)

just my 5 pennys worth...but hey it's a sunny day

Rutger

O

old.mili

no they wont find the bug, they will put it there, pull the servers down then install a counter strike server on and have a tournament. they will post to us on the homepage that the servers are being attacked. after that they will put DAOC back on and have it run for 30 minutes then bring it down and remember they still had some tournament to finish off. they will play the rest of the tournament for another 3 days then all will be back to normal. untill one friday when they have to pull them down to supposedly fix an alliance chat problem, this will happen without fail every friday.

:sleeping:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom