When will this stop happening to me :(

ECA

I am a FH squatter
Sony, Codemasters, and now Betfair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...r-is-in-for-a-rough-ride-over-data-theft.html
Betfair Admits Failure To Reveal Identity Fraud - Yahoo!

Online gambling firm Betfair has admitted it failed to inform millions of customers that their personal details had been stolen in a major cyber attack.
Over 3.1 million account names with encrypted security questions, 2.9 million usernames, and nearly 90,000 account usernames with bank account details were stolen in an attack in March 2010.
Betfair said that one of the reason is did not tell its customers was because its security measures made any data unusable for fraudsters.

They've since announced that anyone with google and a brain could decrypt the stolen DBs.

sigh.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
the security managers at Big Company are forever going on about informing / not informing the public if something happens. in our case, we're more or less under constant attack from crims based in different places in Russia.

tbh, every company that has something worth having is constantly under attack. still, that is a bit harsh, if the media rendered it correctly.

ECA

I am a FH squatter
the security managers at Big Company are forever going on about informing / not informing the public if something happens. in our case, we're more or less under constant attack from crims based in different places in Russia.

tbh, every company that has something worth having is constantly under attack. still, that is a bit harsh, if the media rendered it correctly.

In the UK I'm fairly sure they are required by LAW to inform us of breaches like this, and I havn't had any contact from them yet.
They may well get a hefty fine or similar form the data comissioner.

Also whoever is the data officer at betfair is PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom