When will NF become repetitive/boring?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
place your bets! winner gets a free wow account :p

still having a lot of fun atm, even tho its laggy as shit sometimes, hope it will stay fun for a while :)

prolly be a couple months for me :x

Amelyn

Fledgling Freddie
Camlann saved me from the roleplay. N-joy ur keep takes :eek:

/Neo

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
nf will last as long as we lalow it to.

you still see the same people in emain constantly 24/7 after all this time. so no reason why NF will only last a short time.

Tiki

Fledgling Freddie
Depends how gameplay adapts too NF, if it turns into perma 3ft of concrete dividing people then its likey to get velly boring for some of the classes.

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
The art of fg fights have been more sofisticated, many more ways to adopt different strategys.. as a fg player ive had great fun in NF.. just that it feels a bit like camlann atm with loads of endless adds and not much organisation.

Nuked

Fledgling Freddie
it's already fucked for me tbh, so bored! planetside and NF should just team up and make 1 big server so we can all play together, wont be able to tell the difference between them anyway

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
About 1 hour after it goes live, same as ToA, same as SI.

orbin

Fledgling Freddie
All i can say is that im not looking forward to NF with great expectations of what to come since we all know what happened in the US. Look at my char list and you will not find many NF friendly chars.

Im gonna give NF a shot though since im in a great guild with loads of heal power for them scouts etc.. ;)

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
tbh from waht ive seen i think NF will be good for the game

boring and repetitive? thats what rvr is just now, build grp for an hr at DL , buff up specs head out get killed release find replacements for those who say grp sucks, rebuff specs resists, moan bout afk stick up head out rinse repeat

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
found it fun with my wiz playing with sorc-cleric-theu/caba trio-quadro so far (also tried scout, heh master of l33ch .P)

Though playing alb got very dull after a while for me or i have been unlucky encountering enemies. (nop didnt get "wtfprawned" :))
Where ever i went i have seen gazillions of albs... ofc 90% of them died from one AE-dot but teh numbers were amusing 2fg hibs vs 50 or so albs near hib keeps, albs all over hib frontier etc... prolly more fun with hib/mid chars as you got "no cleric in 4fg albs" to kill :p Keep takes are fun,,, but only keep takes are not. All fights were zerg fights with shitloads of m8s / some enemies incoming if you dont kill fast enough etc...

Ralgedi Smurf

One of Freddy's beloved
Think it will be good fun, old frontiers startet to get booring, same old scenario as allways, will be good to try something new :)

And i dont think it can get much more zergede then emain atm, and the new porting system will make it easier for soloers and small grups since you wont have to get through any milegates.

And regarding the zerg, dont blame the game, blame the players...

+ the new siege stuff and keeps looks great :))

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
heh ralgedi, now you mentioned siege stuff i don't think ill ever get bored of fireing iceballs <3

UKM_Thorgrim

Fledgling Freddie
it can't get boring ...
Don't matter what Toon you USE .. Just get into a tower ...
And Treb ... TREB TREB TREB TREB to you harts content..
Never had so much fun With my cloths on ... pissed all the UK Mercs off on Comms ... sreaming And Laughing Like a little KIDD . With a NEW Toy..

Treb are For Life .. not just for XMAS.

UKM_Thorgrim said:
it can't get boring ...
Don't matter what Toon you USE .. Just get into a tower ...
And Treb ... TREB TREB TREB TREB to you harts content..
Never had so much fun With my cloths on ... pissed all the UK Mercs off on Comms ... sreaming And Laughing Like a little KIDD . With a NEW Toy..

Treb are For Life .. not just for XMAS.

agreed totally pissed myself laughing at the deathspam... might get boring after a while though.. but still with WoW due 25th Feb it dont have to keep me entertained much longer :clap:

Glacius

Fledgling Freddie
Well i m glad about 1 fact ..now any1 has a somekind of a radar.. pissed me off when i went for a solo walk in emain ..and the bigg RR from hib walked my head no matter where i went in emain..now we all can see the fights.. + the fact that the keeps r so close to eachother and u have to teleport from 1 to another.. maybe some of uss will learn em now :D hehe ..as for the gameplay.. well its nice for soloers ..as u got shit load of places to hide n so on... i m glad about the new RAs tough ..makes a change.

Mavl

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
place your bets! winner gets a free wow account :p

still having a lot of fun atm, even tho its laggy as shit sometimes, hope it will stay fun for a while :)

prolly be a couple months for me :x

ofc its laggy when you travel with 300 albs :m00:

Fun:
New maps
Boats
New keep design
New siege

Not fun:
Alb Swarm
Number of fotms
Lags
Buggy death
Snare when rs

AngelHeal

Part of the furniture
Void Eldritch And Fire Wizzy Ae For The Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

-Palan-

Fledgling Freddie
been rly enjoying the new frontier maps/teleport system/design etc. RvR on like it is atm is just as zergy, only that u have milegates wich for my thinkings always kinda fooked up the game.
now with them gone and that funky radar+tele system i can enjoy rvr again properly.
didn't notice any too overpowered RAs yet and after playing a menta i'm thinking about lvling one on excal. ranger will still be my main, but soling with my menta on camlan is just too damn funny.
don't think i'll get tired of NF. atleast not more than of what the game is like atm :m00:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
newsflash people, nobody is forcing you to fight at keeps, the new frontiers are bigger and better than emain, there is far more to do if you use your imagination. NF is what daoc has needed for the last year/18 months

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
newsflash people, nobody is forcing you to fight at keeps, the new frontiers are bigger and better than emain, there is far more to do if you use your imagination. NF is what daoc has needed for the last year/18 months

99% of fights happen via /rw --- > go there or die of boredom (hopefully not on regular servers)
And ppl aint forming top grps (which is good if you are with teh "zerg") else it just sux to get perma zerged.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno what time you play, but so far every time i've been out i've seen a couple of 'opted' (well as opted as they can be on gorre) groups.

NF will get boring when you allow it to...........

Gethin

Fledgling Freddie
I think NF will be fun for a few months, however long term i suspect i may tire a little bit of taking out players from clip range.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
NF is good for soloers imo because you can get to good places very fast even without speed. Most of the time i'm soloing on gorre. However new zones arent very good for old style fg rvr.. also cant understand whats so cool about keepfights or playing with some silly catapult.

Imo it will get boring very soon. Even now the most fun I have on gorre is trying new chars.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Gethin said:
I think NF will be fun for a few months, however long term i suspect i may tire a little bit of taking out players from clip range.

the 3500 range arrows were nerfed before the version we got - max bonus is 500 range from elevation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom