when u die?

H

Hashmonster

just before i last finished playing i died and released, decided that i'll go and pray in front of the grave when i next play. didn't get round to playing for about 3weeks which is now (thought i'd better seeing as i'm paying for the subscription!) so i went back to where my grave was and it ain't there!

does anyone know if theres a time limit for how long a grave will stay in place?

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Hashmonster
just before i last finished playing i died and released, decided that i'll go and pray in front of the grave when i next play. didn't get round to playing for about 3weeks which is now (thought i'd better seeing as i'm paying for the subscription!) so i went back to where my grave was and it ain't there!

does anyone know if theres a time limit for how long a grave will stay in place?
I was never aware of a limit.... hmm... but if you die again afterwards the grave shifts you know :rolleyes:
3 weeks is a long time though, none of us couldn't have such a long break and so wouldn't know.

H

Hashmonster

yep i know the grave shifts after u die again - but i definately remember where it was last time.

hmmmm this is very weird.

S

SFXman

yep i know the grave shifts after u die again - but i definately remember where it was last time.

hmmmm this is very weird.
Then again maybe 3 weeks cause a slight memory loss that you didn't know the exact spot.

H

Hashmonster

nope, it was in nissies - definately remember as it involved a big invasion of those damn tomtes thingies!

S

SFXman

Well I guess it has a limit.... but a veeeeeery long one.

F

Flimgoblin

I think I saw somewhere that it's either 12 or 24 hours...

can't remember where so it could all just be a figment of my imagination.

R

razorboy

nisses is a bad place :) you never know what happens there :clap:

O

old.Keigan

Originally posted by Ibaun
nisses is a bad place :) you never know what happens there :clap:

agree with the alb :eek: it's very dangerous down there...

Gonna go down and bash nisse in da head me thinks... take some revenge... :clap:

S

svar

Its not about time limit, graves stay indefinitely, but when servers are brought down/reset the graves are also reset.

C

cosh

I logged in after a 3 day break to find my grave had also vanished - I knew exactly where it was cos 3 days isn`t that long and it had 100% dissappeared

H

Hashmonster

cheers i thought as much, had to be a limit

O

old.Azlorath

Your grave disapears

-if you die again, then it will shift to the new location
-if the servers are reset. so each time they go down for a "short" maintenance, your grave along with everyone elses graves will disapear.

A

Aeiedil

there is a time limit of a day or 2 :) otherwise the dragons lair could get messy when people start trying to kill it ;)

D

Danya

I once stood on Salisbury plains in Albion and panned my view - within range I saw well over 30 graves... There were even 10 in a neat ring, I thought "wow I didn't know there was a stone circle there" then I realised it was graves :D

S

Sar

Originally posted by Keigan

agree with the alb :eek: it's very dangerous down there...

Gonna go down and bash nisse in da head me thinks... take some revenge... :clap:

nissesdone.jpg

hrhr, and that's solo :D

S

SFXman

lol @ Aeiedil and Dannyn :D
But hmmn.... interesting, people have different view on how graves act. I have had mine stay for more than 24 hours, I know it as I remember it was so. :)

L

Lafala Arifel

Being a bit of a grave retrieving expert ;) I think that there is a time limit on graves and that a previous grave disappears if you die again (and don't get rezzed) - else my contribution alone to the creation of small grey stones would mean that you wouldn't be able to see the floor half the time ...

If there is a time limit, I'd say it's a pretty long one. I'm sure I've come back to an old grave to pray after a three or four days and it's still been there.

A

Ardwan

afaik there is no time limit on graves, only that they move when you die again, and no server resets, during your 3 week break, it is almost certain that GOA brought the servers down at some point :)
but i can say that in the lowest lvl dungeon in albion, there is at least 50 graves throughout, and the last couple days there has been like a max of 20 people in there.
But next time i die, ill leave my grave alone for a couple days, and see if it buggers off :)

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Ardwan
But next time i die, ill leave my grave alone for a couple days, and see if it buggers off :)
Ah but I wouldn't do that :) Get the exp back... it's worth it :D
It seems to have no time limit, just that server resets and dying again will cause it to disappear/shift.

A

Ardwan

Originally posted by SFXman

Ah but I wouldn't do that :) Get the exp back... it's worth it :D

hehe :) If you died in the wonderful places i manage to die in, trust me, you woudn't be going back to pray at yer grave ;)

S

Sar

woah sar! mega xp! :)

Lol, not really, my XP cap is something like 1.5 million xp atm.

At the time that was about half my cap, which wasn't bad for a blue mob.

H

Hashmonster

i remember when u were yeay high, and i was a higher level than u :( what uber level are u now?

S

Sar

28.5 atm, that said I haven't played the char in about a week. Been playing as a cleric on Excal (Alb) for a wee bit, but mainly been concerned with running the league I'm in charge of as it kicked off on Sunday past.

I've had bloody Dungeon Siege since Friday and haven't even got installing it yet :D

O

old.Prof

There IS a time limit

I remember pretty well in one the earliest patches for exampling this time limit was reduced significantly for dungeons 'cause they started to look to much like graveyards.

Even in dungeons it's at the least around 24 hours thou, so there is plenty of time to retrieve yer grave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom