When typing some letters are missing...

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
When will the problem with missing letters get fixed? Its extremely annoying, especially when it prevents you from PM'ing certain ppl, cuz the letter "x" simply isent typeable :twak:

Dunno if there has been a thread about it already, and yeah I did send a mail to RN.

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Not sure but think its a UI thing?

bloody annoying tho :>

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Yeke said:
Not sure but think its a UI thing?

bloody annoying tho :>

Hmm, I was under the impression that many ppl had this problem, atleast a lot of the ppl I spoke with in game has this aswell.....now im getting unsure tho.

Are noone else having this problem?

DrunkSkunk

Fledgling Freddie
Argyle_Avendale said:
Hmm, I was under the impression that many ppl had this problem, atleast a lot of the ppl I spoke with in game has this aswell.....now im getting unsure tho.

Are noone else having this problem?

i am missing t :)

Ekydus

Fledgling Freddie
I get random letters being cut off, usually when they are over a line long in my chatbox. From what I've gathered it doesn't affect what everyone else can see, but I may be experiencing a slightly different problem than you.
From what I can tell, it isn't a UI problem. I also have no idea how widespread this problem is, but there are definitely people with the same problem. Fortunately, I don't think it disrupts what I type that much and can quite easily ignore it...

Argyle_Avendale

Fledgling Freddie
Ekydus said:
Fortunately, I don't think it disrupts what I type that much and can quite easily ignore it...

Problem is there are certain people you cannot PM....Im not to bothered when writing in fx /g and "not" becomes "ot" etc, but really the PM'ing is a problem, especially on classic server, when you need to look for xp grps :p

Brite

Banned
Ekydus said:
I get random letters being cut off, usually when they are over a line long in my chatbox. From what I've gathered it doesn't affect what everyone else can see, but I may be experiencing a slightly different problem than you.
From what I can tell, it isn't a UI problem. I also have no idea how widespread this problem is, but there are definitely people with the same problem. Fortunately, I don't think it disrupts what I type that much and can quite easily ignore it...

yeh i get that problem i thought it might just be me so put up with it

Nate

FH is my second home
i believe what we need to do is replace the lost letters with other things so from now on:

t = ( and n = ) :eek:

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnooooo nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn's with me, atleast, not the first one ;) (though, can also be other letters... atleast, this was the first one I found out.)

Thegreatest said:
there was a topic about it, altho not probably at the right place, which also got an answer from a GM...you might want to check it out:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=181561

basically it should be ok if you use CAPITAL letters...so /send Charname instead of /send charname ;)

well, it may be a workaround, but it ain't really a fix now ain't it?

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
Ekydus said:

I'm getting this too - only when it's over a line long though, I'm using Derida though I'm pretty sure it isn't that bacause I haven't upgraded since 1.80 on that and it used to work fine.

If you resize the chat box, the letter reappears so it's pretty minor - those I am talking to seem to see it.

Olgaline

FH is my second home
isnt ui related,

i also some times loose the first letter of the second line, and yes typically if it's T or an N, and if i widen my chatbox as by magic the letter reaprears :D

reason i'm sure it's not an Ui issue is, that i've talked to variouse friends that all use a range of different ui's and they experience the same issue, and i have personally tried to switch between a few ui's to test it, also the defualt ui's and it's the same problem,

but altho anoying it's not something that make or breaks my gaming fun so shrug :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom