When someone posts in the Master of Orion 3 forum do you...

X

Xtro

A. Think "aha a new post about the epic game Master of Orion 3. Maybe its some information I missed or info on a sequel. I'll go look!"

B. Think "Oh, someone bothered to post in Master of Orion 3 forum. Wonder what it is, probably nothing interesting but you never know."

C. Notice a hardly used sub-forum has a new post, must be a random spamming llama (usually a daoc player) with a nice +1.

Maybe its time for a clean up of all the dead bits of the forum.

Crap like this just sums it up - http://forums.game.net/showthread.php?threadid=76822

I have given up on anything outside of General/PS/SWG forums, although there IS the occasional post actually relevant to the game (IL Sturmovik for example) its usually just total bollocks.

Strong whine - /off.

W

Will

A delete and a PM warning are needed to deal with nonsense like that. It makes underused forums a total waste of time.

T

throdgrain

Simply depends what games you play surely ?

P

[PS]Mung

My thoughts are, if it aint being used, or hasn't been used for a while, or being abused just delete them.
Only create them if the mods get pestered for them.

C

Ch3tan

If BW doesn't put up forums for all the games it supports then it could stand to loose out. People intrested in playing games here may very well look for a forum related to it, if its not there at all rather than simpl inactive, they may simply bugger off elsewhere.

X

Xtro

Ok I'll phrase it another way.

I'm sick of random daoc llamas spreading +1 posts and other bile.

G

Gef

Why would anyone care how many posts someone has? Bit retarded imo, surely its quality not quantity ;)

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Gef
Why would anyone care how many posts someone has? Bit retarded imo, surely its quality not quantity ;)

I'd be quite happy to see post counts turned off.

Cheets, its not the existence of the poor sub-forums that I object to in any way - its just sad that anytime a new post appears in one I've already assumed its a post farming llama.

Very occasionally its...shock...related to the game in question. Except due to the fact people assume it ISN'T = smaller forums get ignored.

T

Teh Krypt

Kill the daoc!

God knows why they play the game with GoA running it anyway. The company is pathetic, the customer support is SO slow, and if you get a reply it looks and sounds like a monkey has typed it. They are not helpfull in teh slightest, they are slow with patchs & translate to french and then back to english ~~.

Ive stoped giving them my money, daoc was a good game but goa have just fucking ruined it.

M

mank!

Originally posted by Gef

It's probably n00bs spamming so they can get an avatar and/or post URLs. Xtro's got a point, it's fucking annoying.

S

SilverHood

just restrict daoc posters to the daoc forums until 500 posts? :D

G

Garaen

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
Kill the daoc!

God knows why they play the game with GoA running it anyway. The company is pathetic, the customer support is SO slow, and if you get a reply it looks and sounds like a monkey has typed it. They are not helpfull in teh slightest, they are slow with patchs & translate to french and then back to english ~~.

Ive stoped giving them my money, daoc was a good game but goa have just fucking ruined it

In your opinion ...

X

Xage

should just do post = 0 to those ppl who do that imo :)

M

mank!

Last time the mods did that to someone he threatened legal action.

W

Will

And the laughing from the mods didn't stop for ages, did it?

X

Xage

LOL
I doubt such a case would be heard :)

Or the world is fucked up more then i thought it to be :\

D

danger

ROFL you serious mankeh? Christ that takes the biscuit. lol heh rofl etc

M

mank!

Originally posted by yaesu
well thats because i thought it meant numbers of posts accrued in that particular thread, and not all the posts i have accrued period!

This is ridicuous and if i dont get satisfaction i am going to Game Digital and if necessary Trading Standards if i dont get an apology.
Yes you can ban me, but i will expect a full refund

You cant treat customers in this way.......

So much for supporting BW !!!!

\o/

G

GDW

Originally posted by Teh Krypt
I have no access to daoc forum /cheer :clap:

Let me guess......because you spammed and got banned by chance.

Nice to see you seem to have stopped though:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom