When mythic said evade was capped at 50%, what did they mean exactly...

B

bishibosh

Ok i remember one of the recent assassin "nerfs" being a 50% evade chance cap. Now either this is bs or all assassins have somehow hacked into the game, as the evade rate seems to be around 80-90%. Did they say theyd done it, and forgotten to actually implement it or something

O

old.Xarr

someone got owned. :]

sorry couldn't help it. :D

B

bishibosh

yep :) many times today, such as when i sat behind a blade of grass for 10 min for camo after killing a shammie, went out with camo on and bumped into one, evaded 7 slams i think, then went back and met danne and eeny, i died a bit. /q

O

old.Xarr

i seriously doubt the evade cap is at 50%. when i'm buffed with borr i evade ALOT more than 50%.

imo nerf sanya and her friday grab bag ramblings. :)

A

Arnor

i believe it is capped at 50%
thing is that daoc is so insanely random, and you notice the fights where your opponent/you evade more then not.

and to prove it:
sshot063.jpg

O

old.Xarr

omg quick ps that pictar they can see our SUPAR-S3KRET alliance chat!"!"#%!11

X

Xandax

It isn't 50% during a fight it is capped at.

It is 50% of each swing you do - so it is perfectly possible to evade all your swings in a fight, if you get unlucky (or assassin gets lucky).
Just take a die and roll it - every 1-3 is an evade. (okay - I really doubt this is the way mytic have implemented it - but you get the random picture)

Also the 50% isn't 50% - read some time ago it was modified by levels for one thing, and some other stuff I can't remember.
Sombody have proberly whined about it on VN board and a better explenation can possible be found over there.

V

VodkaFairy

After I evaded someone I use hamstring which gives a medium defence bonus. Spamming that move does increase evade regardless of 50% evade cap, I'm sure of that.

As said it's possible to evade 10 hits in a row.. just doesn't happen often. Depends on luck, it has hapened all too often I didn't evade even once in a fight.. :/

If you're using a defence penalty move (alot of anytimes have this) while the opponent is using a defence bonus move the difference is huge. Try it out :p And to-hit matters too of course.

T

Tasans

I tested Hoarfrost yesterday, the axe detaunt style with a med defence bonus. An orange mob didnt land a single hit on me because i evaded like mad. I even evaded a couple double hits.

B

bishibosh

Originally posted by [DK]hakke
Low weaponskill and no to hit style :/
its yellow con, 100% qual, i have a s/s weapskill of arounf 900-1000 i think... isnt slam a + chance to hit anyway?

So when they said Cap they meant capped as in evade7 + dodger 5? As dex quick weapskill etc seem to be allowed to take it beyond cap? Does that mean that they didnt change anything as in order to have over 50% evade cap anyway you'd need dodger 6? I thought cap meant cap, not base then add on ur 400 quick/dex
and xandax, there's no way they can be so lucky, unless mythic calculated but forgot there were two 50%s in 100 and thought there was just 1

K

kaod

Originally posted by bishibosh
its yellow con, 100% qual, i have a s/s weapskill of arounf 900-1000 i think... isnt slam a + chance to hit anyway?

So when they said Cap they meant capped as in evade7 + dodger 5? As dex quick weapskill etc seem to be allowed to take it beyond cap? Does that mean that they didnt change anything as in order to have over 50% evade cap anyway you'd need dodger 6? I thought cap meant cap, not base then add on ur 400 quick/dex
and xandax, there's no way they can be so lucky, unless mythic calculated but forgot there were two 50%s in 100 and thought there was just 1

Bit hard to make sense of all this, however:

I don't think any of the shield styles have a Bonus to Hit:
http://www.camelotherald.com/styles/line.php?line=43

Evade 7 + Dodger 5 still caps the assassin at 50% evade against EACH SWING - not overall in a fight.

The evade forumla is based on a calculation of dex and qui - dodger then adding 3% per level up to a maximum of 50%.
I'll try to find the formula and post it here in this thread so you can see how it works.
Mine works out at something like 45.5% evade if I remember rightly - so dodger 1 takes me to 48.5, dodger 2 to 50%.

This 50% figure is the further modified by situation, styles used on both sides, enemy numbers and positions, char levels and weapon skill.
This should enable final evade number for that round to exceed 50% or be brought down to a lower figure.

Flip a coin 7 times - is it possible it lands on heads 7 times in a row?
Or even 5,6 times out of 7?
That's the basic mechanics of 7 rounds of strikes/evades before modifiers.

Also, I'm not entirely sure which stat a shield strike works on, Str or Dex - maybe someone can enlighten me on that?
Might make a difference to the shield strikes you are using.

T

Trinilim

The evade cap works like this:
Let's take a lesser buffed shadowblade (not intended as a flame, can be an infil or NS as well) with 250 dex

With Evade 7 (35% evade) and that 250 dex, the shadowblade has on paper 52% evade.

.07 x dex = evade chance.

Let's take a capped (300) Shadowblade with dodger 2

35% natural + 21% dex + 6% dodger = 62% evade.

The evade cap has NOT come into order thus far yet.

Now depending on the person your fighting's weapon skill level, this Evade amount will decrease. I don't know the equation for weapon skill, but let's say for the sake of argument that with 50 weapon skill, your evade chance goes down by 10%.

Now depending on how you're facing the person (full /face mode gives optimum evade chance), the chance will decrease.

Now depending on how many people are attacking you, the chance will decrease roughly 10% per additional person.

Ok, now keeping all of this in mind, if the evade % that you have is still over 50% it is THEN capped down to 50%.

And that 50% is 50% per swing, not per fight.

So when you're fighting an assassin with a <real> cap of 50% evade (not just 50% with evade 7 and dodger), you're tossing a quarter for every swing you throw.

Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not.

O

osy

ROFL at the screenie, Arnor has /LOC on qb.....

damn trolls :D

I

inuyasha

Originally posted by bishibosh

Quality dont affect the chanse to evade at all, and in which degree the skill in shield affect it, i dont know, but i was pretty sure you could not get shield as weaponskill at all.
And no, slam is a "none" bonus to defence nor attack at all.
Quality of shield is compared only to the armor piece you will try to hit, and evade is calculated before that, thus quality does not matter. It does however, if you "miss"

O

old.LandShark

Erm, quality of a shield affects the damage from shield styles and absolutely nothing else.

F

Flimgoblin

actually trin - I think the cap is applied before the level modifiers..

i.e. you'll still evade 99% of a grey's attacks :)

O

old.Xarr

This can't be explained by mathematics and formulas! When will people realize that this is magic and can't be explained by mortal means? It's just like rolling a die. Everyone knows dice are magical things of randomness.

Karma coma.

~;D

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Xarr
This can't be explained by mathematics and formulas! When will people realize that this is magic and can't be explained by mortal means? It's just like rolling a die. Everyone knows dice are magical things of randomness.

Karma coma.

~;D

Im with xarr on this one ;)

O

old.BJ|Bored

i wouldnt trust them to be able to code a 50% cap without screwing up ;p

B

bishibosh

er ok, why didnt they just..... cap evade at 50% lol, how complicated do they need to make it, frogs

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
actually trin - I think the cap is applied before the level modifiers..

i.e. you'll still evade 99% of a grey's attacks :)

ah right, forgot about that

that too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread