When is the next dragon raid?

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
On the regular dragon raids by Talsar, I think most of the people had a good time, and while it won't be the same without our legendary leader, Talsar, it would suxx to let the rest of the community fall appart. I think this is something Talsar created, and wouldn't like to see it fall appart, and one of the few things, that can motivate him to come back, if his RL problems get solved. (And I would like to see him back in game)

Also while respec stones aren't that important to me, I know they are important to the realm. So a question to all regular dragon raiders: When we can have the next dragon raid? While I think most of us has the experience to lead it, it would be best if someone from the Group 1 regulars would lead it (since it is hard to lead a raid from group 3). So we need (a hopefully temporary) new leader (till Talsar returns).

Amanita

Part of the furniture
I was considering taking up the DR leadership once my exams are over in a couple of weeks.

So watch this space!

Righthandof

Fledgling Freddie
once ive lead 15 ppl kill the golestandt!!!

too bad it was a bug in /social, and Amanita lead it really :)

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Most DR raids are private 1 fg raids, seeing as that's the best and most cost-effective way of doing it.

Thadius

Part of the furniture
eggy said:
Most DR raids are private 1 fg raids, seeing as that's the best and most cost-effective way of doing it.

I agree

Dont think anyone will run a raid like Talsar could, hence me retiring from the Prydwen scene :(

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
On the regular dragon raids by Talsar, I think most of the people had a good time, and while it won't be the same without our legendary leader, Talsar, it would suxx to let the rest of the community fall appart. I think this is something Talsar created, and wouldn't like to see it fall appart, and one of the few things, that can motivate him to come back, if his RL problems get solved. (And I would like to see him back in game)

Also while respec stones aren't that important to me, I know they are important to the realm. So a question to all regular dragon raiders: When we can have the next dragon raid? While I think most of us has the experience to lead it, it would be best if someone from the Group 1 regulars would lead it (since it is hard to lead a raid from group 3). So we need (a hopefully temporary) new leader (till Talsar returns).
really sorry to tell you this but...

It was Bubble who started this and Talsar took the honour to continue the raids

Martok

Part of the furniture
well ive emailed talsar asking him for his DR scripts thats right within the next 2 weeks i will be trying a talsar style raid lol wish me luck and cath i want you there hun not many clerics keep my merc up like you do ;)

ceator

Fledgling Freddie

Also while respec stones aren't that important to me, I know they are important to the realm. So a question to all regular dragon raiders: When we can have the next dragon raid? While I think most of us has the experience to lead it, it would be best if someone from the Group 1 regulars would lead it (since it is hard to lead a raid from group 3). [/QUOTE]So we need (a hopefully temporary) new leader (till Talsar returns).[/QUOTE]

ceator

Fledgling Freddie
Firstly, Can I say that during the GM's meeting of Talsars Alliance and after I was voted in and the new Alliance Leader (Replacing the Legendary Leader himself and with the blessing of Talsar also.)

We decided to Call ALL Dragon Raids " Talsars DR" In memory of him.

Secondly, after a very long discussion IRL with Talsar, i'm very sad to say that he won't be returning to DAoC (not in the near furture any way) as he has a lot to sort out IRL and needs to get his life back on track.

I am prepared to lead a DR for all those who wish to come along, but atm I am busy settling in to my new Role and sorting a few issues out as well.

If that's the case Martok m8, go for it bro!! can you please PM me in game or on here to let me know when please bro.

Anyway, until we meet again.

Stay Safe

Gwyri
Ceamborn
Ceapor
Ceator
*** Proud Alliance Leader of Supremacy Alliance***
***Proud GM of Legion Flavia Firma***
***Proud GM of Supremacy***

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
I'm sure there are a few experienced DR folks who would be willing to help Mart/Ama run a DR, myself included in necessary :)

However, I just realised why she's offering to lead...

So no-one can beat her to sign-up... Evil tactic if you ask me!!!

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love it if there was a 'light on rules' DR raid, where people who haven't done it before can come along and learn how ?

I have done it, but know many people who'd love to, but don't qualify on the grounds of having not done one. Would be good, especially with the reduced numbers since classic.

Darzil

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Some says, the raids were started by Bubble, I would be happy to see Bubble active (and Golem Girls active) again, and doing Dragon Raids, but I think raids by Talsar, and the community led by Talsar (the regulars on DRs) etc was special for many (some joined after Talsar picked up the series, some are just friends of Talsar, or just prefer guild MLs by Bubble). Of course Golem Girls presents raids, Ironfalcon led raids, etc. are all special, when you do it with friends.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Of all the PvE raids I've done over the years, I can honestly say that there were only a couple of raid leaders that I would drop anything I was doing to help...

For me, two of the best raid leaders I ever had the pleasure to raid with were Bubble (ubah ml10 raids of Dhoom) and Talsar (unwipeable DR raid - we came close due to lag, LD etc a couple of times , but I never once saw a Talsar DR wipe)...

Now, I know the DR rules seemed restrictive sometimes and it was hard to break into the regulars list... The problem is, one person not doing their job, not paying attention or just not listening can wipe the raid VERY easily...

There are somethings a prospective dragon raider can help - building a decent sc and resists for this and personally I wouldn't invite anyone I knew didn't make the effort to put this in place. Then again there are some things they can't help. With a lack of public FFA raids, it's hard to gain experience on these, most of us know and understand that.

The problem is, these type of raids are in big demand, and once someone starts coming along they'll want to keep comming along. Personally, I believe loyalty should be rewarded so I would pick the same folks who I know will turn up week in week out, so I don't waste time looking for replacements, who know their job so there's not a big need for barking orders and the raid goes smoothly...

The best way to break in to those kinda raids is make it known you want to come along, get people you know to recommend you, sign up every time and get put on a stand-by list. Show willing and be helpful/friendly... Sooner or later you will get your chance.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Dakkath: Well said, and it is what we tried to explain quite a few times, and this is why I think the dragon raid community shouldn't fall appart

Dorimor1

Banned
I'd come if it was a bit different where it would actually be a community raid not just the same old rich buggers lol xD and I owe someone a respec stone still.

Sorry if it sounded like a rant

Martok

Part of the furniture
oki guys i havnt heard from talsar yet but ill make a tread and well copy talsars a little (will ofc copy right it to him ;) )

will do wensday comming the 25/01 see the post in a mo

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Dakkath said:
However, I just realised why she's offering to lead...

So no-one can beat her to sign-up... Evil tactic if you ask me!!!

Dammit, you can read my mind ^^
Still beat you to Martok's post though!

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
Amanita said:
Dammit, you can read my mind ^^
Still beat you to Martok's post though!

Didn't even realise there was one...

Less getting people to tell you when the thread is up so you can leech #1 spot

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Dorimor1: You can say many things about almost any raids, but on Dragon Raids, not all regulars were super rich. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom