When is the Excalibur server going to get an upgrade?

O

old.Xanthian

This lag is shit, 2 sec pause when casting spells and talking but no yellow or red lag icons.
The server is in dire need of a hardware upgrade as it cant handle more than 2000 people.

PLZ sort it, its getting harder to play after 6pm :(

C

cadiva

It's not just me then

I had to log off last night because it was completely unplayable for me.

Mobs were warping literally from one end of the visible horizon to the other, my grass graphics were blue instead of green and the whole thing was so incredibly laggy you wouldn't believe it.

I also had the same thing as you, three perfect green dots on the perf monitor instead of the red square or yellow triangle I would expect.

All I can hope is that they are fiddling around with it in preparation for patchiing for SI later this week.

If not then my DAoC career could be coming to a crashing halt.

A

Archeon

I would say when Hell freezes over but as my guildies are constantly reminding me in norse mythology Valhalla was a frozen waste land :)

i'd guess Excal will be one of the last because

1. Its tradition, the british hate the french, the french hate the british its a vicious cycle and sombodys eye is going to be poked out if it doesn't stop

2. GOA is a french company, this automatically puts the french customers over us (see point 1)

3. The german playerbase is the largest of the 3 countrys, this puts them over us but under the french (see point 1)

Basically you can draw it all back to the fact that the french hate us (the british, and to a lesser degree the welsh) :rolleyes:

S

Sigurd

Originally posted by Archeon
I would say when Hell freezes over but as my guildies are constantly reminding me in norse mythology Valhalla was a frozen waste land :)

Hate to burst your bubble, but Valhalla was actually Norse mythology's "heaven" - where good vikings who died in battle went... the Viking "hell" was called, well, Hel, and yes it was a frozen wasteland :p

S

shilak

Bearing in mind that Avalon, Lyonesse, Stonehenge, Broceliande and Orcanie all have higher server loads than Excalibur I would expect them to be upgraded first. As far as I am aware they have already upgraded Broceliande as it had the highest server load. I also vaguely remember reading they purchased new machines for 6 of the servers, so at a guess all those listed above (inc. Excalibur) are going to be getting upgrades very soon. I am just hoping it is tommorrow whilst they patch to SI ;)

O

old.Jable

im on cable via ntl, and i have had a little lag sending messages recently but nothing game stopping. plz dont hate me :D

B

Belsameth

from the Camelot Europe site
This migration will be more important and more complicated than the ones we are used to with regular patches. On top of the software modifications, we will also have to do physical changes on the servers during the day. The whole procedure has been heavily tested on our test servers and everything should go smooth on the live servers.

what I understood from the various news postings is that they wanted to upgrade their entire server park. so Mudsoord whould get the upgrade today...

S

StormriderX

Everytime I try to long onto a char in tnn from a different one anywhere near peak time I go link dead :(

G

Gadd

i never get any problems with excal infact it's pretty good sure i have adsl but from what your saying it's unplayable where as for me it's perfectly fine. are you sure it's you and not the server itself.

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by Archeon

Archeon, what you mean is Niflheim, the domain of the Goddess Hel :)

When they die, warriors go to Valhalla (Odin) or Folkvang (Freya), some other people are claimed by Frigg (if you've had a good marriage). Murderers and the like are sent to Nastrond, also ruled by Hel.

Things not falling into this category go to Niflheim when they die, which is not like our idea of Hell (complete with torture and everything). Plenty of people that never did anything wrong go to Niflheim, like when they die of old age or illness.

Valhalla is basically a paradise, people eat, drink and prepare for the battle of Ragnarok.

T

Thorarin

Originally posted by shilak
Bearing in mind that Avalon, Lyonesse, Stonehenge, Broceliande and Orcanie all have higher server loads than Excalibur I would expect them to be upgraded first.

Orcanie has a bigger server load than Excalibur? LOL, not nearly as many players (1500'ish vs 2600 at peak times).

And well, it seems Germans are getting a fifth server, I wish the English people would get a third so they could finally play all 3 realms if they wanted to. Prydwen is actually peaking at 2000+, not much less than Logres, so I think it would be welcomed..

O

old.LandShark

Third english server would be a camlann-style desert, there just aren't enough english+spanish+scandinavian+western-european players...
Which is fairly amazingly hard to believe, but it does appear to be true :[

G

Gadd

Originally posted by Thorarin

I wish the English people would get a third so they could finally play all 3 realms if they wanted to. Prydwen is actually peaking at 2000+, not much less than Logres, so I think it would be welcomed..

i would agree with you the germans pay the same amount of money as us but get many more servers etc plus with patch 1.56 we all get 8 characters instead of 4 doubling the amount of characters which they can have to 40 while we get 16!

T

Thorarin

I disagree Landshark. Like I said, Prydwen isn't as empty as Orcanie for example, and almost has the same number of players as Logres, the least populated German server.

A guildie in the UK has actually spotted a Shrouded Isles ad there (w00t! though it wasn't a very good ad I hear), so server population is bound to rise after SI is released, at least temporarely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom