When is 1.52 going life?

H

HargloweHyfryd

This kind of post probably won't sit very well with a few people, but as I usually don't whine/moan/bitch that much, please indulge me. I'm REALLY looking forward to the next patch.

The last few news-bits on the homepage don't offer that much information though:

[2002-11-10]

Version 1.52 :

Some news about the coming patch. Gorre should be updated to 1.52 this afternoon. While we had a problem with the binaries we received, our admins worked with the ones from Mythic and it should work now. It will be in french, using Broceliande database.

[2002-18-10]

Here it comes, the Friday news ! This week, we will mainly have practical information. Gorre is still in 1.52, in French and using the Brocéliande database.

So we know that 1.52 is still being tested in French, but no further information regarding to when the German and English tests will be, or how long those will take.

Any more informative news forthcoming?

O

old.Emma

im guessing that gorre will be changed today or tomorrow, but still if they plan to test the german version for 2 weeks like the have with the french version, then we sure as hell wont be getting 1.52 this month. its already been delayed once, looks like it could happen again...

J

Jupitus

I don't think the German or English testing will last as long as the French, and I would expect that if no major bugs emerge it will be early November... I'll be happy with that, personally...

Jup.

O

old.Emma

still early november would mean a delay as they did announce end of october fpr the patch, so unless the german and english version only get 3 days testing each then it wont be on time..

F

Flimgoblin

yep... imagine it'll take longer than 3 days to test the german translation though :( won't be as long as the french testing so far though.

Maybe they've found a doozy of a bug, or half the testing team have the flu :(

(someone posted somwhere that half of the Mythic office are off ill, it's that time of year)

R

Ragnarok1978

If I know GOA, it will go live "When it's ready".

Unfortunately it has never been their strong side to get information out to their customers, but then again it can be harder to judge than on US for example.

On use they add subpatches pretty much by the week on test, so you can follow the development thru the build notes there.

We have a friday grab bag like them, but it's hardly as good as theirs.

What I'd really like to see during updating are things like "coding 60% done, translation 80% done" etc. I don't need an ETA on when it goes live, I just want to knwo how far they are.

And once they do add the patches to gorre, they could give us a little insigt on wether they ran into problems that would take time to resolve, or if things went smooth.

All in all I still prefer being 3 months behind compared to US development, just to be playing in europe. After I did play US at first you really learn to appreciate that on EU the raids start like 7pm in the evening sometimes, and not 3am in the night at the earliest. DAoC is so much richer, imo, here in europe than it was for me as a euro on US.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom