When I play a DAoC movie..

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
It keeps lagging...
Played it in winamp and media player... Know they both suck, but if ya got a better program plz givf :p
And sometimes it doesn't even show a picture :eek7:
Thx

Cya IG: CorNoks

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
Cant be sure if this is the same problem I had, but what I had the same symptoms and what it was for me was that Media Player 7 & 8 (i think) dont come with some standard codecs that Media Player 9 does. Even after MP tried to download the right codec it never worked, and G-Spot said the videos didnt have any wierd codecs, but when I downloaded this...
http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/2/e/72e9d6eb-3412-414b-b93f-85d851e01cfb/WM9Codecs.exe
Everything worked fine :D

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Tried to download the new codecs = didn't work
Tried to download the new WMP = didn't work, alto those that do work, doesn't lag anymore.

Thx m8 :)

Eroa

Banned
dont bother with players, get the right codec and it will work just fine.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
The ultimate player that takes the least machinepower is mplayer. Its originally a linux program and is made for windows as well now. It takes 6 megs and played every single movie file I have ever tried to play. And I play ALOT of movies. The controls are amazing as well. You can set slight sound delay if the sound isnt syncronized and alot of other litte things. Also it plays non finished movies, so if you want to see the quality of a half downloaded movie - no problemo.

Their home page here

And direct download here

All you need to do is to extract the zip and your done. To play movies with it, simply drop the movie onto the mplayer.exe or just chose open with on the movie (or change avi, mpeg etc to always open with mplayer).

PS. the man_page.html (manual) is pretty useful.

PS2. the amount of machiene power it requieres is great. On an old computer I have (1ghz and buildt in gfx card) I had alot of problem with lagging (2sek lag every 5 sek), mplayer is lag free.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
dont bother with players, get the right codec and it will work just fine.
Wrong. Get the right player and it will work just fine. :)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Just get the ac3filter and ffdshow codecs and youll be able to play anything.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Eroa said:
It wont if you dont have the codec

i'm using mplayer to. and ive never had any codec problem with that player.. it CAN play every single codec out there. im 99% sure of it.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Eroa said:
It wont if you dont have the codec
There is a codec folder with the program, but its all empty. Also you can download aditional codecs at mplayers homepage, but that have to be for non existant codecs :p.

Btw. I had a file that didn't want to play the sound in any player. Think it was something wrong with the file, as it was only an anime episode and used teh same codec as in any other episode. Mplayer had no prob tho. I bow down to mplayer. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom