when I click camelot.exe.... nothing happens

Bishibosh

Fledgling Freddie
I have a WinME 1.3 gig 512mb ram 64mb Gf2 card (yes I know its below minimum lol), and I went linkdead on the 6.10 boss, and since then, whenever I click on camelot.exe to start the game nothing happens. The "egg timer" mouse appears for a second but then nothing... I've re-installed the game, and still the same thing happens. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to solve this sort of reinstalling windows? I dled the latest directx and graphics drivers just incase it was them, and no change.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Bishibosh said:

Thats your problem :p ME is very unreliable and MS has dropped support of it, either get 98SE (MS has dropped support for it too but its more reliable), 2k, 2k3 or XP. If you want to get 1GB+ RAM you need to upgrade to 2k/2k3/XP anyway.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Even though I agree with you, Bishibosh's problem isn't OS related. There's probably some patch file broken. Did you uninstall the game and remove the left-over files before reinstalling?

So just type this over and put it in your update.dat file (mind! This is the ToA patch file, don't use it if you don't have ToA, ask someone else for the classic or SI patch files!):
Mythic Patch[Enter]
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat[Enter]
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/atlantis/mpatch.dat[Enter]
[Enter]

(press Enter where you see [Enter], don't write [Enter] or copy this, m'kay?)

Chilly

Balls of steel
If you are running the SI client copy the following directly into a file called update.dat in the root of your SI install, if one already exists clear the contents then copy, if its not there create it in notepad
Code:
Mythic Patch
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat
193.252.123.21:1280/updates/english/isles/mpatch.dat

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom