When guilds attack!

Ukle

One of Freddy's beloved
Nice post on the US blizzard forums about an 'event' on one of the US servers.

Clicky me to see silly raid

Put it simply almost the enter horde from one server attacked Stormwind and Ironforge after a guild got disbanded. They managed to kill all of Ironforge but couldn't kill the King of Stormwind.

sko

Loyal Freddie
Wonder how long it takes before comments like "nice raid" and "where the raidgroups?" turns into

"OMFG!!!!!!!! Zerg!" "WTF ZERG NOOBS!".

Just a matter of time, really.

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like a very lovely raid indeed. Although I can see why the Alliance couldn't put up much of a fight; imagine 200 albs/mids/hibs storming your own capital in DAoC. Panic wouldn't be enough to describe it ;)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Wouldnt be doable in DaoC as guards to the Capitals are well higher lvl than the players. In WoW they are like lvl 62, with exception of various elites (boss, gryphon master etc)

Corporal Carrot

Fledgling Freddie
I think its cool.

I've never really understood this "zerg" (what a shit geeky word that is too) hatred is - its a Massively ...... so you should expect Massive groups of people in key PvP areas and 1v1 to be rare shouldnt you?

I love the "massive" part to it.

Hope we get someone trying to imitate it in beta ;)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Corporal Carrot said:
I've never really understood this "zerg" (what a shit geeky word that is too) hatred is - its a Massively ...... so you should expect Massive groups of people in key PvP areas and 1v1 to be rare shouldnt you?

Having clearly less numbers and getting repeatly run over by zerg is pretty annoying.

Corporal Carrot

Fledgling Freddie
Having read that again I am a little shocked that blizzard would chose to ban people for an unlawful name such as

Giant Communist Robots

Is it really that offensive?

Is this an american thing? A warning to Blizzard is that If my guild was disbanded for calling itself Communist I would be straight onto my MEP and the media for it to be investigated as a breach of EU human rights law.

Call me silly, but things like that REALLY get my goat.

If he was called

Rapists of Children or something then I would agree - its offensive and obviously intended to offend.

Solo

Fledgling Freddie
Corporal Carrot said:
I think its cool.

I love the "massive" part to it.

Hope we get someone trying to imitate it in beta ;)

Agree with corporal its good to see huge battles like it should be (yes its nicer if its even numbers) but this is what mmorpgs are all about.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Corporal Carrot said:
Is this an american thing? A warning to Blizzard is that If my guild was disbanded for calling itself Communist I would be straight onto my MEP and the media for it to be investigated as a breach of EU human rights law.

Problem is, Blizzards servers are a private place, and they can chose who/what they want on them. To enter them you agree that bliz will police them as they see fit. Blizzard servers is not a free country - Blizzard servers are the private intelectual property of the company Blizzard.

Darksword

Can't get enough of FH
Corporal Carrot said:
Having read that again I am a little shocked that blizzard would chose to ban people for an unlawful name such as

Giant Communist Robots

Is it really that offensive?

Call me silly, but things like that REALLY get my goat.

If he was called

Rapists of Children or something then I would agree - its offensive and obviously intended to offend.

lol ud just get called a geek and they wouldnt give 2 fucks about it :)

lets b honest

and yeh thjey shouldnt have killed the guild coz of its name. giant communist robots would kick fuck! <imagines a huge lenin stomping on a gnome>

Hrogar

Fledgling Freddie
Does anyone know who you should turn to if you want to check if a guildname is appropriate in advance?

Lagnard

Fledgling Freddie
Nugusta said:
Not the GM's as what shows in the link.
aye this is what's fucked up about GM's disbanding this guild, they went to a guildmaster asking if it was ok and he said yes, later on he disbands a huge guild, GG gm's :twak:

before you post useless comments like a few I've seen already, read the topic!! and what it's about

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom