when dual logging accounts

- English -

Resident Freddy
Does it create less lag when you have 2 copys of the TOA folder, so you load 1 from X and 1 from Y? Just wodnering, atm i have 512ddr ram, and its vertually impossbile to run when sticked up. Ive tried putting clt alt del priotiry to low etc, but then its constant screen frezze on 1 or other of the accounts.. I will shortly be upgrading to 1gig ddr, will this solve my problem etc?

tnx

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
turn of all precache if your trying to load up two accounts as well although tbh get yourself another stick of 512 meg of ram will solve a lot of your issues.

As for loading lag if you had two copies of toa running on two separate hard disk drives it might speed things up although i havnt tried and cant be bothered to try :)

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
1gb mem will solve it. You still cannot stick classes to eachother tho. Ow, 768mb will already solve it too, with other games it decreases lag indeed (when running twice from another folder), but doesn't seem to decrease with DAoC.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
you can stick chars on lower memory what you have to do is open task menu and set both game dlls to low priorty :)

sorts out the sticking problem :D

Fayle

Fledgling Freddie
With 2 gig ram i have no problems running 2 accounts and sticking my bb to the main, even at highest settings.

Blackchaos

Fledgling Freddie
Can u explain a bit more, what i have to do so i can stick 2 acc on some computer plz?I have 1 Gb ram, 6600 Gt and AMD 3000+so i should handle it ^^

Valkybabe

Fledgling Freddie
Right click my computer and goto "Properties", click the "Advanced tab". Click "Settings" under performance.
Advanced tab again and change the Processor Scheduling to "Background Services" and hit apply you will now keep stick on both accounts whilst running 2 acc's on same PC.

When not doing this just change it back to Programs.

Hope this helps ;)

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i run daoc in windowed mode with both accounts running one staggered over the other it means i can click on a window and hit an insta or chain heal or nuke although i understand running in windowed mode rapes system resources badly and might not be recomended :)

but still beats /alt tabbing between accounts ;)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
hmm.. i always had it windowed when dual logging... (can't dual log now, after toa tho - might be my OS ;<) so in full screen it's better? ;o

Void959

Fledgling Freddie
Awarkle said:
you can stick chars on lower memory what you have to do is open task menu and set both game dlls to low priorty :)

sorts out the sticking problem :D
I tried that once, it was OK at first but once any other other proggie (virus scanner or w/e) ran anything at all it would get full priority and cause DAOC to completely freeze, and go LD if it took long enough :(

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
I can stick but its crappy with low prio thing

The background process thing is worthless for me

I run 2.66 gh P-4
1024 Mb of 333 mhz DDR ram
Gfx Ati radeon 9700 pro

Comp emptied and formatted so its maxed

Any tips? ;E

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom