When does GOA do important things

Wabbit

Fledgling Freddie
Fridaynews:
No release date on NF
Some stupid news about Haloween.

People get bored and do a keeptake
Keeptake 150 albs vs 150 mids on excal, servere crashes

What does GOA do? release some news about some useless spanish server?? retards!! how about you make the game playable as it supposed to work...or make 100 servers for 100 people cos that seems to be the max the servers (even after thet NF upgrade) can handle...you lot only seem to be interested in your new cashcow: Spanish server (where all the spanish players on the UK server need start all over again...)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
They should have sorted spanish servers 2 years ago :(

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Lol...........................howgay.

No?

Never mind.

Tilda

Really getting quite boring now. Ever heared the phrase flogging a dead horse?

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Ever think that a spanish language server will attract some people who DON'T already play DAoC? Thought more players was a good thing personally......
Server crashes are a pain, but not much we can do about it on here, hope they will be better in NF with the new code

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
Wabbit said:
Fridaynews:
No release date on NF
Some stupid news about Haloween.

People get bored and do a keeptake
Keeptake 150 albs vs 150 mids on excal, servere crashes

What does GOA do? release some news about some useless spanish server?? retards!! how about you make the game playable as it supposed to work...or make 100 servers for 100 people cos that seems to be the max the servers (even after thet NF upgrade) can handle...you lot only seem to be interested in your new cashcow: Spanish server (where all the spanish players on the UK server need start all over again...)

You might wonna think things through, before you flame, etc.

GoA has HOPEFULLY realised that excalibur will crash once in a while, and doing EVERYTHING prossible atm. They have, most likely, started to realise excaliburs popution is high... 2 things can be done:

1. They get a new server, that MIGHT be able to reduce the crashes. - With this done, and nothing happend, they went to 2nd option.

2. Find out which realm has most people (albion). Next: Find out which native they could take away from albion - and place on a standalone-server: Spanish people.

Hell i don't mind the server crashes once in a while - not like it happens ALOT. And when it does, it's up within 5-10 min. So don't QQ about that. I've tried other MMORPGS, and i can only THANK goa for doing their best with their resources.

Trying to handle this adult-way, and not tell you to stfu. But to be honest, don't call people retards, and telling them how to run their company, when you are 12 with acne, all over your face, and a mom who brings you the food every night. You have no clue about marketing. Have a nice day.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Wabbit said:
how about you make the game playable as it supposed to work...or make 100 servers for 100 people cos that seems to be the max the servers (even after thet NF upgrade) can handle...you lot only seem to be interested in your new cashcow: Spanish server (where all the spanish players on the UK server need start all over again...)

because. there still isnt sufficient hardware capable of supporting what DAoC want to accomplish... i mean, just compare to any of the other MMOrpg's out there.. do they even come close to what DAoC have? i'm talking Details, movable objects that needs computing, the world detail in itself etc etc. theres one hell of alot of stuff that needs processing here. and there will most likly never be hardware enough to support it as the game developes so fast (yes fast)

besides. were talking about a grafic engine thats over 3 years old (yes they made improvements, but the core code is still the same as it was 3 years ago). i bet they CAN make a way better engine. but they probably dont wanna throw away 10 million dollars on a game thats this old. there isnt a game out there that DONT lag when massive number of ppl go to the same place. im just very surprised that theese servers dont crash more often tbfh...

:flame:

Santa's little helper

Fledgling Freddie
(question - player) :
My question concerns the servers features.
New Frontiers is coming and at the moment, when you get 500 people in a zone, the zone crashes. Do you intend to make special structures for new Frontiers ?

(answer - Matt Firor) :
Well, the question is about server crashes. It's something that we always work on on an ongoing basis because every time we come out with an expansion it brings more and more people into the game. So, in the early days of the game, it would crash with 200 people now it crashes with more than 500 people. So we try to make it better all the time but of course there will going to be times when so many people get together and because of the hardware there's not much we can do. And one of the goals of New Frontiers is to allow more people to fight in more places at once so there's not everyone in one place.

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
And what does Wabbit do?
Whinewhinewhine!!!!!11!!111!!! 4tehwin! :m00:
Get a clue and/or a life... :kissit:

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
NF wasn't just a gameplay revamp of the Frontiers, it was also technically :)

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
erk gonna get myself a kicking here , but .. while im not gonna defend whining fromthe poster of this thread, what does get me is this last server crash at Fens last night. The servers were down the other morn for a supposed UPGRADE for the coming of NF. That Fens battle was not 150 albs vs 150 mids i was there, about 80 albs id say vs , lol well i crashed so i never got to see the full force of mids...
but this is AFTER an upgraded server.. now im pretty sure it took more numbers than that in 1 zone to crash it b4. It is kind of worrying when 1 keeptake <Bear in mind this wasnt even a relic defense so its not like the whole of midgard came> crashes the zone still :(

and considering the extra graphical pressure in NF and the fact its going to be mainly seige based doesnt hold a lot of hope in my heart . Thankfully im much more of a PvE person myself but still..

Well fingers crossed it goes well enuf but i wont hold my breath :(

Marrok

Loyal Freddie
well, the server is not just some PC with a pentium processor and some ram they just put in a few more sticks of... Its made up by several clusters, each hosting its own zone(think i read it here somewhere on the boards).

When they say upgraded, id say it is the cluster that will host the New Frontier zone

Funkybunny

Banned
Marrok said:
well, the server is not just some PC with a pentium processor and some ram they just put in a few more sticks of... Its made up by several hamsterwheels, each hosting its own zone(think i read it here somewhere on the boards).

When they say upgraded, id say it is they put another hamster in the wheel that will host the New Frontier zone

there.... just fixed a few mistakes.. yer good to go now :) :m00:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom