When do you guys think...

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
It may have been asked before, but does anyone know when we will roughly know the system specs needed for WAR?.
Reason I ask is that I just bought a new pc yesterday, and only after I got home I wondered if it will be ok to play it.
The spec I bought isn't the best of the best,and I dont know anything about specs... but I hope it will do it, it is as follows:
Intel core 2 duo E4400 2.0ghz
!024mb
320gb
nVidia 7500 LE dedicated graphics - 256mb
If anyone would be able to help, it would be much appreciated, I already know that I may need to upgrade the ram, but besides that, do you think it will run it?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
You could inved 50% more money in the processor and get an E6750 - one of the top processors on the market right now :>

And go for 2 gig of ram

And a better graphics card :D

It wont cost you much more to buy some of the more decent stuff on the market. Buying decent stuff = longer till next upgrade, and more fun while you have it.

But it will probably run without too much lag, but im certain there will be some.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
You'll be fine with that PC :) If lag does occur just throw in some extra ram.

GHudston

Fledgling Freddie
That'll do, I'm sure. You might not be able to run all of the fancy effects and as has been said if there is lag you could use some more ram. But other than that I can't see any major problems.

This is all speculation mind you, we haven't got a clue what the specs are because they won't have been finalised yet.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Whatever you do don't spend any money on hardware until just before the game comes out. It gives 6 - 9 months for prieces to come down.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
I really hope you got that mega cheap cos it`s a pretty crap system :/

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
I really hope you got that mega cheap cos it`s a pretty crap system :/

It wasnt that expensive, and so what if its not the best? i'm not into top of the range stuff, I dont spend all my life at my pc :)
On the other hand, thanks for the replys

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
It wasnt that expensive, and so what if its not the best? i'm not into top of the range stuff, I dont spend all my life at my pc :)
On the other hand, thanks for the replys

Well, then question i always ask myself is how much more will i have to pay to get a good system? Usually the really low end new system (yours) can be made alot better by adding a small fraction to the cost - and that is highly recommended (at least by me :D) as you will get alot more fun out of your games cause of less lag (and less upgrading later on). Usually the price scheme and performance scheme looks something like this

Performance:
<--poor---1--------------2------3-good-->

Price:
<--low-----------1-----2-------------------3--expensive-->

1, 2 and 3 are system configurations - Hope you can see my point :D

Currently you got system 1 ^_^

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Well, then question i always ask myself is how much more will i have to pay to get a good system? Usually the really low end new system (yours) can be made alot better by adding a small fraction to the cost - and that is highly recommended (at least by me :D) as you will get alot more fun out of your games cause of less lag (and less upgrading later on). Usually the price scheme and performance scheme looks something like this

Performance:
<--poor---1--------------2------3-good-->

Price:
<--low-----------1-----2-------------------3--expensive-->

1, 2 and 3 are system configurations - Hope you can see my point :D

Currently you got system 1 ^_^

Well I wouldnt want to upgrade the graphics card yet, not atleast until WAR comes out...and at the moment it is playing everything I have ok.
Question though, how bigger boost will 1gb(i think thats what I got told) extra ram give?

Case

Fledgling Freddie
DAoC usually ran at about 1.1 gig usuage for me so it`d be safe to assume that WAR will be the same or more. Definately get another gig.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
difference on daoc when going from 1G to 2G ram was pretty noticeable.

Zandr

Fledgling Freddie
i would absolutly buy more RAM ... its so cheap these days prices dropped like hell last 6 month.

and for the GFX its "ok" i personaly would not use it for gameing. but lower graphics and u will be fine with it. but save some money and get a nice one and u will get more out of the game.

my self playing with:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz 4MB FSB1066 Socket 775

Sapphire Radeon X1900XT 256MB DDR3

3 gig ram pc6400

and atm i only think its "ok", prolly buy a new GFX soon myself.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Ah yes of course wait a while with buying new stuff if its for warhammer you are buying it :D

What kind of ram are you going for? DDR or DDR2?

Think i read Ram prices will go up in a few week..

Delrith

Fledgling Freddie
Ah yes of course wait a while with buying new stuff if its for warhammer you are buying it :D

What kind of ram are you going for? DDR or DDR2?

Think i read Ram prices will go up in a few week..

Er, i'm not sure...like I say, I dont really know alot about pc systems.
Whats the difference between the two?, as I have DDR2 already, wouldnt I need another stick of that? or would the DDr work ok?.
Yeah its mainly for warhammer, basically got the system brand new for £179, which i dont think was bad :p
Ill be saving some money and getting the graphics card, but can buy a new ram stick now if needed.
Edit: if possible, could anyone point me a link for a good price on ram?

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
What you need to worry about is that DDR2 and DDR1 doesnt fit together on the same motherboard - but if you have DDR2 already then no problems (if you had DDR1 you might have had an upgrade problem if you decided to upgrade later on)

Im pretty sure you will get alot better gaming experience in WAR with 2 gig of ram, so you might as well buy them now, cause i think the prices are going to go up soon - plus you can enjoy them all the way uptill WAR also :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Not bad for the money that system. Just find out what sort of ram is currently inside it and buy the exact same ram to add in.

Draig

Fledgling Freddie
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.40GHz
Radeon X1950 pro
2 gig DDR2 ram

Currently runs Bioshock in Vista like a dream and ran Vanguard in Vista
as good a any PC not from the planet Zarg could, so no worries on the WAR front.

Prolly change to a DX10 "raddy" at some date

:england:​

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom