-chancer-

and its been restored by GOA

what exactly do you get back

everything as the charecter was before? or just the charecter no items no money

also what about realm points, crafting points, quest's previously done

any information will be greatfully recieved

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Just the character from what I've heard, nothing else.

A

Alrindel

You get back everything that was in the character record: realm points and abilities, crafter skill, quests completed, respecs used (if applicable), and all that. You also get back any items that were in your inventory or vault at the moment the character was deleted.

O

old.Tohtori

When a charecter has been deleted..

You shouldn't whine it back...make a new one...wanker...

I

inqy

I got everything back, including all items (worn and inventory), xp bubbles gained for that level, etc.

C

-chancer-

well i dinged 50 (my first) last night at 1:30am

today a work college deleted my charecter my accident

i had 1.8plat
and lots of items

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by inqy
I got everything back, including all items (worn and inventory), xp bubbles gained for that level, etc.

did you log on to goa /rightnow and follow there procedure

char name
char server
other char's on server's account

what else did you tell them?

T

Teh Fonz!!1

ouch :(

Hope you get everything back mate. :/

K

kemor

just to clarify:

Long time ago, we couldn't "restore" characters so we had to re-create them if for a reason or another character got deleted due to a problem on OUR side. Characters re-created back then had their level, some cash (we have tables with coin/level) and that's it. Re-creating a character could take a VERY long time.

With patch...1.45 if I remember correctly, we got the tool needed to restore characters. After this, we never re-created characters but just restored them. This easy procedure allowed us to restore characters deleted by players. However, there are some limitations to this restore system:
1- Each account got 4 "deleted" slots. Every time you delete a character, it goes into one of these slots. If your 4 "deleted" slots are full, then the deleted character will "push" one of the old deleted ones out and this one will NEVER be restorable.
2- Characters cannot be restored through patches. This means that if you delete a character before a patch, we will not be able to restore it afterwards.

Restored characters will be exactly as they were when deleted (items, quest, coin, etc). Also note that we do NOT re-create characters anymore.

Remember that we cannot always answer the demand (problems can happen) and that restoring characters is not a priority compared to stuck, quest problems, technical problems.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by -chancer-

today a work college deleted my charecter my accident

by.."accident"...people stop using that word! Ok, so a friend deleted the char but sure as hell was no accident.

Choose char -> delete char click -> type y e s -> click delete = a bit too much for an accident :p

J

Jiggs

patch day = wednesday chancer!!!!!

better step on it :p

C

-chancer-

Originally posted by kemor
just to clarify:

Long time ago, we couldn't "restore" characters so we had to re-create them if for a reason or another character got deleted due to a problem on OUR side. Characters re-created back then had their level, some cash (we have tables with coin/level) and that's it. Re-creating a character could take a VERY long time.

With patch...1.45 if I remember correctly, we got the tool needed to restore characters. After this, we never re-created characters but just restored them. This easy procedure allowed us to restore characters deleted by players. However, there are some limitations to this restore system:
1- Each account got 4 "deleted" slots. Every time you delete a character, it goes into one of these slots. If your 4 "deleted" slots are full, then the deleted character will "push" one of the old deleted ones out and this one will NEVER be restorable.
2- Characters cannot be restored through patches. This means that if you delete a character before a patch, we will not be able to restore it afterwards.

Restored characters will be exactly as they were when deleted (items, quest, coin, etc). Also note that we do NOT re-create characters anymore.

Remember that we cannot always answer the demand (problems can happen) and that restoring characters is not a priority compared to stuck, quest problems, technical problems.

many thanks for your reply

i have done exactly what it says in the RightNow section and have sent my e-mail off

The charecter slot that "Chancer" was is (number 1) is empty the charecter has only had /delete not remade at all

my log-in name is mransom if its possible to check i would be very very greatful

regards
Mark Ransom

T

tris-

many thanks for your reply

i have done exactly what it says in the RightNow section and have sent my e-mail off

The charecter slot that "Chancer" was is (number 1) is empty the charecter has only had /delete not remade at all

my log-in name is mransom if its possible to check i would be very very greatful

regards
Mark Ransom

1) your meant to post it through rightnow
2) how does someone accidently click a button then type 3 more letters accidently?

:rolleyes:

C

Col|

Originally posted by old.Tohtori

Choose char -> delete char click -> type y e s -> click delete = a bit too much for an accident :p

What Toto said.
It is hard to delete by accident, the deleting process was designed so you had to be very sure you wanted to kill the particular char.

A

Alrindel

Maybe meant to delete a different character and didn't notice it was the wrong one until too late.

C

-chancer-

the person didnt intend on deleting at all i dont know and i carnt really go mad at her

O

old.CrazyMuppet

the person didnt intend on deleting at all i dont know and i carnt really go mad at her

carnt really go mad at her

mad at her

You let a female colleague have your password????????????

1: you wanna have sex with her at work

2: you wanna have sex with her.

Well i certainly hope you'll get a month of sex every day cos that's the least a lvl50 char is worth!

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet

Well i certainly hope you'll get a month of sex every day cos that's the least a lvl50 char is worth!

And the pig of the month is...*drumroll* :p

T

Teh Fonz!!1

Has anyone here ever got their main, pressed the delete button and then typed in 'Y E S' and hovered over the accept button just for a laugh?

It's kinda like sticking your favourite item outside a moving car and only holding on to it just tight enough so it doesn't fall out of your hands.

Or is that just me? :p

O

old.Tohtori

Do it another persons char or teddy...now that's fun :D

I

inqy

and then pressed the mouse button to see if it works or if you have to release it to delete. No, thats not what happened to me, I took on someone else's account who had decided to quit. He'd deleted his chars to stop the temptation of coming back. I asked for his permission to undelete the chars and play on with them, if it was possible.

I followed goa's advice to the letter to get the characters back. They weren't too pleased to be doing it though and I understand too.

:clap: goa

O

old.CrazyMuppet

And the pig of the month is...*drumroll* :p

"There's no wrath like a woman scorned"

Or something like that anyway...dunno if i got the spelling right...im dutch :p.

You don't want to give just anyone the power to delete your chars.

T

Teh Fonz!!1

"Heav'n hath no rage like love to hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd."

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Teh Fonz!!1
"Heav'n hath no rage like love to hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd."

that's it :)

thanx.

C

-chancer-

HUGE thanks to GOA and everyone else they have restored my charecter with everything as it was before

im very very happy now :)

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet

1: you wanna have sex with her at work

2: you wanna have sex with her.

OMFG!

ROFL! :D

so true btw ;)

O

old.Atrox

When a charecter has been deleted..

You shouldn't whine it back...make a new one...wanker...

does that include ppl who get hacked ?
mopron

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Atrox

does that include ppl who get hacked ?
mopron

Yeah..make a new one or get decent firewalls! Bunch of whining little children 'cause their toy got lost. FFS suck it up and live with it. You people need something...anything...some backbone, testicles...maybe a pillow to cry on...

damn no good...

O

old.Atrox

Yeah..make a new one or get decent firewalls! Bunch of whining little children 'cause their toy got lost. FFS suck it up and live with it. You people need something...anything...some backbone, testicles...maybe a pillow to cry on...

damn no good...

kk

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Atrox

kk

Ok then, well..flaming you is going to be real hard now...

Posting kk on the boards? Oh come on...not even Halo would do that.

And they want their chars back...*shakes his head*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom