Wheel of time

haggered

Loyal Freddie
Just finished reading the first one called the eye of the world. Personally i thought the first one was real good, i thought it was paced well and that it was kind of believeable in a strange way.

Any way i digress, was wondering if the series is still this good down the line, what is it 12 books? i ve read alot of reviews that say that after the first few they go down hill and the plot becomes thread bare. this true?

Any information is welcomed or links.

cheers

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I have them up to Crossroads of Twilight, which is book 10. On the first read I started to think that Jordan lost his direction round about book 7 because the pace (I thought) dropped well back and seemingly unrelated things began to take more important places. Also the prominent chars got differing slices of prime time so to speak. This dissapointed me somewhat inasmuch as I couldn't shake the feeling that Jordan was building up to something (he is, the end is coming so to speak) but always managed to slip back down off the crest of the wave. that bugged the hell out of me tbh.
On my second read through, what happened was much more clear to me, and I appreciated the changing plot and pace more. I can't wait to get 11 and whatever comes after that.

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Hi there,
slightly different take from TdC, I never got round to reading them a second time, infact I never got past book 5. I found that after the excellent opener, I was looking forward to the continuing stories, I expected divergence, I expected some more characters to come in and some to be killed off, I expected a good read along the lines of many of the fantasy novels I had previously read and still do. I did not expect 800 pages of scene setting for a climactic burst of story in the last 3 chapters :). Basically I found the pace of the books not to my taste, one day when they are all out I will probablt buy the ones I am missing and read them all together. I hope they 'flow' a bit better that way, as TdC seemed to imply when he said he sat down and read all the books which were out back to back.
If you liked the first one get the second one take it from there :)

Have fun,

Later

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
hehe it actually seemed to be worse the first time through mate :) 800 pages of building and *no* climax. about half truth, and half due to my own idea that the series would be 10 or 11 books. the way Jordan's been building he can easilly go on for at least another 4 books heh.

reading them together was a must in my case though, the second time through it made things much more clear to me. ah well, to each their own. WoT isn't brilliant, but it's not exactly p00 either. The world is vast, and the fantasy of Jordan is very deep indeed.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
The series overall is pretty good, especially the second time around.

It's a lot easier if you read the entire series (so far) back to back though

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Most of the later books are 950 pages of build-up and 50 pages of killing everything with balefire

Markk

Fledgling Freddie
theres the prelude to WoT out now as well, anyone know when 11 is coming out

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Err, it's called Knife of Dreams, and is out in October 2005 I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom