Whats wrong with spurs ?

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Decent squad .. some great players .. why do they always fail to do well. Seems like they are always beaten by poorer teams. Is it the poor selection of managers ver the years because a london club with financial power and a great history should be doing much better. Discuss

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
in my opinion, the real question is:

what's wrong with liverpool?

now that's a club that's underachieving

but as for spurs they seem to do well vs the big teams but mess up vs the lower position clubs.

motivation problem?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
ginola was amazing in his day

oh and same with campbell although he's at a much better place now :p

darren anderton was pretty cool too but his bad luck with injuries well.....

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
Imho, spurs have always had good players but not amazing. That might be their problem. They rarely have great players. It always amuses me, no matter how good the player was before he got to spurs he's crap and worth nothing when he leaves. :D

The only exception I can think of it campbell.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
mank said:
He's fantastic. Should be at a much better club.

he is perfect at spurs, go to a better club and he will look just like emile heskey.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Doh_boy said:
Imho, spurs have always had good players but not amazing. That might be their problem. They rarely have great players. It always amuses me, no matter how good the player was before he got to spurs he's crap and worth nothing when he leaves. :D

The only exception I can think of it campbell.

they had gazza and lineker!

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
gunner440 said:
how can u guys forget klinsmann (sp?) ;DDDDDDDDDDD

he's german.. of course we forget.

spurs wanted to buy morientes but he said they were too small ;DDD

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Morientes didn't say that tbh.

Keane is amazing, Defoe is great, Kanoute is very good.
Simon Davies is actually our best player and Jamie Redknapp would've been one of Englands best ever midfielders if not for bad luck with injuries, I think most Liverpool fans would agree with that.
I think Gardner and King will be ok as a centre-back pairing but we'll see maybe next season as both seem to be prone to one or two silly errors a game.

Doherty is a fucking liability, Poyet can't run anymore, Carr was the best fullback in the country a year or two ago but now he's playing like he doesn't want to be here anymore. Kellers form has dipped a lot this season also.

Just wish we could've sorted out a manager, this one-season long part time business with Pleat is an absolute joke and I can't fathom how they thought it would help the club in any way whatsoever. Hopefully we'll get someone decent in but to be honest I don't know quite who it will be.

And for all the people taking the piss.. before the Man U game two weeks ago we were only actually 6 points off of 4th place and a champions league spot. Of course since then we've now lost the last two games and are aiming for our usual 10th at the end of the season.

We've also had far too many world class players to bother listing here but if anyone really wanted me to I could have a go. Suffice to say no-one mentioned the highest ever goal tally in one season which was by a Spurs player at 49 goals and the most prolific goals/games ratio for England which was also by another Spurs player. So up yer bums! :p

(and we were the first British team to win the Cup Winners Cup and not many teams have played in an all English UEFA cup final like we have.. and won of course) :) shame we're a bit poo now.

k9awya

Can't get enough of FH
Morientes did say that, it's on a million sites @ googlllle

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Well when I spoke to him he didn't.

Of course.. I might not ever have spoken to him but no-one here can really be sure of that, only me and him really know it's true and I'm not telling you lot.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Keane, Defoe. Kanoute and Postiga aint a bad strike force
Redknapp, Davies, Anderton, Dalmat and Poyet ( our weakest area )
Stephen Carr, Dean Richards, Ledley King, Anthony Gardner, Christian Ziege ( King and Gardner have both got England call ups this season.

Mark Van Bommel has stated he would love to join which is exactly what i think we are missing in midfield ... Imo a couple of more good purchaces in the right positions and a good manager and we would be able to compete

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Postiga is a bit of a reflection of what is wrong with spurs imo - looks a good player but doesnt perform week in week out and i think its really just a case of having some players whom on their day can be class but are not world class players, maybe defoe/keane/davis are your most promising players but Keane has been there long enough now to become settled ad he still doesnt show the kind of promise he did when Juve took him from Coventry.
I think its the same for a lot of teams in the prem this season having some very good players and some very average ones and its just a case of getting all the better players playing well at the same time..

I am not having a go here either about how close Spurs have been to the top 4 but bar the top 3 the 2 teams Liverpool and Newcastle who most people expect to take the other 2 spots have been shocking at times this season and given some of the more average teams a chance to get into European spots, which can have a somewhat negative effect - take Everton (again not having a go) last season chased a spot in Europe for almost all the season but missed out last thing , thing being Everton previously hadnt really had much of a sniff of Europe in years but one good season and some fans start complaining that its not good enough - i.e expectations get raised far too soon sometimes... - example 2 - I support Liverpool and I still expect us to win a game now and then!

Sydrik

Resident Freddy
Consistency consistency consistency...... I've been a spurs fan since... well as long as can remember! Its so frustrating to watch one half of utter shite and another thats makes us look like contenders (not suggesting we are). Attack = no problem, keane is great, defoe is a world class youngster and kanoute has touches of utter brilliance. Midfield could be solved by Van Bommel but i think we need to look long and hard at our defence. I missed who put the comment about Steve Carr but its totally true, looks bored and uninspired atm. Doherty plays about as well as a dry terd and Richards, King and Gardener lack a leader. No one at spurs defence wants to take control and make a call. keller is about as consistant as the team. We need a GOOD manager this preseason and it'd be another fkin gooner!! C'mon the spurs :flame:

mank!

Part of the furniture
I'll tell you one thing that's wrong with Spurs, Johnny Jackson is getting in the first team and Dean Marney isn't.

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Well we'll just have to wait till the summer and see what the new manager thinks of the players at his disposal.. whoever the new manager will be.

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
But we always seem to be w8ing for next season with spurs :(

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
Based on the performance I saw of Spurs tonight on The Premiership, they really should have punished Chelsea on so many occasions in that match. They defended alright for most of that game and created countless chances but absolute piss poor finishing and piss poor final touches let them down. Their strikeforce may well be good but they seem to be lacking a bit of form lately. This is of course bad with a shakey defence like theirs ;p

I really hope the new Manager will give Spurs a new lease of life and do something useful with the squad, I miss Spurs being a bit of a force in the leagues. Being a Gooner I especially miss the old hotly contested derby's between us... Plus I'd much rather have Spurs challenging for the title alongside Chelsea than fucking Man Utd - and I'm not saying that based on todays result, just simply sick of Utd's playstyle, it's so terribly boring... even Spurs are more fun to watch than Utd!

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
I think spurs will do ok next season with the forwrard line they have got now , teams only struggle when they cant score and at least spurs should be able to do that , look at sunderland a few years ago, shite team but Kev Phillips banged 30 goals in and Niall Quinn weighed a few in and they were up in the European spots.. but for you spurs fans sake , I hope your defence doesnt get picked apart like sunderlands did last year ..

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
Can't believe how poor we were versus Everton :( we're not going to get relegated but we have a lot of improving to do in the summer if we're even going to hope for a UEFA spot.

SORT OUT A FUCKING MANAGER FOR FUCKS SAKE!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom