Whats wrong with Midgard's shamans?

I

Iri

Im currently lvling my new rvr-char and i must say im getting really sad of the behaviour of the shammys i grp with. About 80% of them, if not more, seems to be constantly semi-afk/totally ignorant...

I have to ask 3-4 times every 10 min for a dmgadd rebuff, sometimes i die because they dont heal, they are sticked and get stuck and stay that for several mins while i just have to stand close and try keep them and me alive and often they are afk, then i almost die, they come back and burn all mana to heal me and then go afk again without telling me.

Also they have a tendency to whine a lot about the xp is crappy (even if they are below my lvl and i get good xp) and push me to take harder mobs (ok i can handle em but its risky and cause dt and lower xp over time).

Its really sad to see so many ppl try play shaman as an "afk/do nothing-char", even tho that can work when grped with a strong tank, its much more effective and fun to play active!

Think again shammys, u cant always be grped with a rr8 warrior + zerk farming diamonds or something like that, when u are xping try atleast to do something useful for ur grp instead of be afk or whine...

J

Jerelyn

i really couldn't agree more.

But there are several shamans out there who DOES give a fuck about their current group.

-Jerelyn

Z

zmurf

Shaman's r a VERY importnent source to RVR as 99% of group's r melee based, and shaman has the 'need to be nerfed' end regen ... but imo an afk shaman is useless, next time kick em from group, and they might actually learn something ...

I

Iri

haha, well this morning i was grped with a shammy in DF, he was totally useless so after 20 mins i got tired of him, told him why (explained nicely) and kicked him.

Later in the afternoon my grp was grped with another useless shammy, we asked him to pls pay more attention, then he got pissed and left us with no endreg deep in DF and the only shammy that was lfg was the guy i kicked same morning... I thought he had learned something so i invited him to grp and from start he didnt do shit, got stuck and dragged aggro on us, didnt rebuff dmgadd etc, i just got sick of it all and logged :/

Maybe endreg-potions is a better alternative, very very sad but maybe true...

U

uglymug

Speaking as an active shaman, always has been always will be ... i hate EVERY afk player. This isn't just shamans doing it, altho i can hardly blame them .. some groups tend to see shammies as bots, shouting out orders and getting pissed when the shammy doesn't do exactly what he was told. Maybe some of the shammies figured they might as well act as a bot (still not really an excuse tho..and hardly friendly behaviour towards the other groupmembers)

so maybe some groups should act more kindly to the shaman cus it can be a thankless job (not accusing you of anything ;))

A

agon

don't roll a shammy if you don't want ppl to tell you what to do.. quite simple. that is if you are too stupid to understand that you actually have to rebuff dmg add and resists every 10th minute :) people shouldn't have to tell you it all the time
but yes, there will always be afk retards

I

Iri

did i flame ALL shamans in midgard???

Look at my sig, i have a 50 shaman, i know that many grps may yell at u and be somewhat rude, BUT i also know how to rebuff dmgadd every 10 min without ppl have to ask me several times, i tell ppl clearly if i go afk and when i play my shammy (he's pve-buffer, not rvr) im using frigs during fights, switches to heals if it's needed, sit down and rest if im getting lom etc...

I dont just stick someone and look at the screen every other minute causing irritation and dt (or worse) for my grp!

W

Wonk

the threads name :/ ''whats wrong with midgards shamans?''

I

Iri

would u prefer me naming thread: Whats wrong with [names of all shamans i grped with recently and that sucked] listed here?

I havent mentioned any single name, so why do u act like i insult u personally?

W

Weeping Willow

Well all afk characters are annoying, even nonshaman ones.

S

soullessminion

cun understand your upset about resists, but upset about not renewing shamy damage add? Hehe i used to only cast that on players i didnt like :p used to drive thanes and skalds nuts it was so crap damage :)

Z

zmurf

Originally posted by soullessminion
cun understand your upset about resists, but upset about not renewing shamy damage add? Hehe i used to only cast that on players i didnt like :p used to drive thanes and skalds nuts it was so crap damage :)

Uhm clearly they don't know much about the game then, as they can cancel it themself ... and it maybe seem's like low dmg, but why say no to extra dmg ?

On Sub with yellowcon dmg add it gave about 8~9% extra dmg

that's 8~9% faster exp(if it's melee exp) allmost 1bub faster every lvl, why say no to this ?

I

Iri

hehe well i dont expect em to cast it at thanes, and if there is a skald in grp its not needed, but if there is not, well all dmg dealed to mob helps to kill it :)

A

asorek

it does stack with the skald dmg add you know...and i ALWAYS make my shammy add ontop of my skald one..fucking stupid if you dont...turn down free dmg?? wtf are u playing?

P

peterplys

i know it's a well known & used "trick" but here goes..anyway
for the shams out there that seem to forget dmg add and arent afk ;)
put one on your self first.. :)

/.Olgaline :)

R

rg-zorena

gah i hate that shaman ilmather hes always afk at mtk and sometimes wake up and buff rofl what a noob

T

Takhasis

<-- defintely a NOT afk shammy.

When im not spankin albs with Tak, i luv playing Hartraft my shammy, he's spec'd as full aug basically as a guild BB, but the poison n root is uber.

Pisses warriors off no end when i pull agro of em, maybe they're gimped or summat i dunno :p

I

Iri

It does stack with skald dmg-add yes but it halfs the skald-dmg, when ive tested it i found it gives more dmg to just have skald dmg-add.

And ofc is every afk-player annoying, but its the damn attitude of many shamans that makes me really pissed, a LOT of them seem to think they will always get uber-xp without doing shit while the rest of the grp work their asses off and thats sad...

U

uglymug

that's interesting tho, cus part of the job of the shaman is already done before everybody starts wacking the mobs. They are the realm's buffer, if they buff the group (enabling others to kill more easily) they're job is more thatn half done already..

altho an active shaman knows that this is only half the job and that healing, diseaseing and dotting can make the other 50% of the job go so much easier

i used to love it when tanks were patting themselves on their backs going "hah that purp went down fast!" ..and i'd say "erm.. my 200+dot might have helped" :D

R

Risinn

Originally posted by Iri
It does stack with skald dmg-add yes but it halfs the skald-dmg, when ive tested it i found it gives more dmg to just have skald dmg-add.

The lesser damage add is supposed to be halved, so unless the skald has very low battlesong the shaman add should be halved, not the skald one. At least that was my understanding.

I

Iri

hahaha ya, well me and my BF (2-handed troll savage) was PL:ing in Spindel and everyone was like "omfg u kill the mobs fast, u are so uber etc etc" and not one single time someone told me that my buffs/heals were strong ^^

eeh, maybe im confused here, anyway im not sure now wich one is getting halfed but i've tested many times and i think the dmg is better with only skald dmg add, or rm-dmg add + skald one

M

Mundokar

Originally posted by Iri
Im currently lvling my new rvr-char and i must say im getting really sad of the behaviour of the shammys i grp with. About 80% of them, if not more, seems to be constantly semi-afk/totally ignorant...

I have to ask 3-4 times every 10 min for a dmgadd rebuff, sometimes i die because they dont heal, they are sticked and get stuck and stay that for several mins while i just have to stand close and try keep them and me alive and often they are afk, then i almost die, they come back and burn all mana to heal me and then go afk again without telling me.

Also they have a tendency to whine a lot about the xp is crappy (even if they are below my lvl and i get good xp) and push me to take harder mobs (ok i can handle em but its risky and cause dt and lower xp over time).

Its really sad to see so many ppl try play shaman as an "afk/do nothing-char", even tho that can work when grped with a strong tank, its much more effective and fun to play active!

Think again shammys, u cant always be grped with a rr8 warrior + zerk farming diamonds or something like that, when u are xping try atleast to do something useful for ur grp instead of be afk or whine...

If ANY char goes afk without warning or is most of the time afk while in group -> KICK

S

schinkaar

Originally posted by zmurf
Uhm clearly they don't know much about the game then, as they can cancel it themself ... and it maybe seem's like low dmg, but why say no to extra dmg ?

On Sub with yellowcon dmg add it gave about 8~9% extra dmg

that's 8~9% faster exp(if it's melee exp) allmost 1bub faster every lvl, why say no to this ?

Before some patch shammy dps add halved skald dps add then added on top of that, hence usually reducing the total dmg add effect :). This was like 1-1.5y ago tho :D.

btw is he only talking about PvE or RvR?

I

Iri

as u can see if u read the post the thread started with, i am talking about xping a char in pve, i dunno how i works now but when i xped up my skald we didnt use shammy-dmg add, in rvr skald dosnt use dmg-song so there ofc shammy shall rebuff dmgadd but i am talking about xping here...

S

soullessminion

Originally posted by asorek
it does stack with the skald dmg add you know...and i ALWAYS make my shammy add ontop of my skald one..fucking stupid if you dont...turn down free dmg?? wtf are u playing?

Thought it stacked but then gave half of each, so 50% of a good buff + 50% of a crap buff = worse than the original good skald buff.

But then my shamy was cave so his damage add was kinda a insult :p

S

soullessminion

Forgot to say I agree, hang all the Afk wannabe bots, sad to see so many shamys who are chained to pkor on a lead :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom