Whats with the new dungeons?

S

scypherious

The new albion dungeons are impossible either to get into or you get killed virtuallly as soon as you get a group up and go in.

First of all there is Krondon, the supposedly lvl 40+ announced dungeon, i spent an hour getting there and when i got there i found that there was hundreds of lvl 40-50+ mobs all around the entrance. It is said that only a fg of lvl 50s can actually get inside with out dieing straight away so why the hell call it a lvl 40+ dungeon? usually a lvl 40+ dungeon means that a lvl 40 can solo there. (a full group of lvl 40-45 group may be able to get in but it is rumoured that there is a big kick ass mob as soon as you get inside)

Then theres Avalon city (said to be for lvl 45+ solo), its ok for a while and you can actually get inside but once you have a full group of lvl 40-45 you can enter the main city only to be caught again and again by the drakoran patrol.

**snore** when will GOA ever notice that its the lvl 40 ppl that start getting bored of going the same place again and again and again...etc...

GOA seems to be getting everything wrong nowadays, will armsmen ever be cured of their gimpness compared to the other classes?

D

Draylor

Kill orcs for faction with the ogres at Krondon entrance - then youll get inside aggro free.

Dunno why it'd take you an hour to get there, its 5 minutes max from nearest horse route (Caer Diogel)

S

scypherious

hmmm....

well ive been getting bored of going to barrows (hate lyonesse) again and again so i was originally in Sauvage after tapping a troll on the back with my mace and finally being noticed only to be killed in a few hits. then theres the travel from sauv to avalon marsh, load up SI then head through portal, get ticket to diogel only to jump off at avalon city by mistake (was first time in SI with my arms) went back to gothwaite retryed and went to diogel, binded then ran out to krondon only to find it full of ogres.

i sneaked past quite a few only to find that the stairs was pack full of red cons to me and further down was a gate/bridge heavily armed with purple con archers by the looks. then fell down from cliff and got wacked by three reds

D

Draylor

Binding at gothwaite rather than sauvage cant hurt - itll take you a few seconds to port to sauvage if thats where your going, and saves wasting time on the Sauvage->Av Marsh horse.

Depending on your level Avalon City is prob better for finding a group than Krondon - I dont think there tend to be many people levelling there. Not that Id know - so far Ive spent a total of 5 minutes in Krondon (with necro - enter - decide it doesnt look nice for solo levelling - leave and do quest I went there for), and about 10 mins in Avalon City (pretty much the same). I didnt notice much that would be good for soloing at 45 though, get a group :)

S

Sibanac

Avalon is an exreem good hunting gound for 45+ grps

Krondon : been in there with not even a full grp of 45+ and you can get pretty deep without seeing to much big bad mobs

SI (albion) has great places to solo, the dungeons are not part of it, its obvious the dungeons where not dessigned with solo ppl in mind

C

CBH_Music

btw :) goa aint the ones designing the dungeons m8 :)

S

scypherious

ok then, does anyone know a good place in avalon that you can get a good lvl 40-45 group up?
e.g. usually plenty of ppl there and good mobs with good xp and drops

btw, i think this is my 20th post at last :)

X

Xandax

Originally posted by scypherious
<snip>
usually a lvl 40+ dungeon means that a lvl 40 can solo there. <snip>

I dissagree here - but this is proberly an individual interpretation.
To me a level 40+ dungeon is a dungeon for a FG level 40+.

D

domin8or

Albs whine about their classes, about Mids' relic raids and now they whine about dungeons. What will they whine about next time? blah..bleh

R

Repent Reloaded

armsmen are gimped ?
can you explain why pls ?

D

Draylor

Originally posted by domin8or
Albs whine about their classes, about Mids' relic raids and now they whine about dungeons. What will they whine about next time? blah..bleh
And mids whine about it in every thread they can find, even when its got nothing at all to do with the subject. bleh

H

hint

well me and a level 47 guy managed to sneek in to krondon together. wasn't too hard just got to be subtle. and no neither of us could stealth.

H

Hit ^_^

did 40-48,8 in avalon sofar and will probebly ding 50 in here too.

ps. getting faction whit ogres outside krondon wont make the ones inside neutral.

J

Jiggs

i can get in krondon solo np, those ogres have a low agro range and are only blue/low yellow outside

T

Tigerius

A dungeons level is clearly set by when it's suitable for grouping in, not by when it has a safe unrisky camp of yellows to solopull from. That being said the official "levels" of a dungeon tend too start a bit high for a FG and end when they are mostly good for soloing.

Regarding Armsmen, they aren't gimped, quite on the mediocre side, they are however lacking in terms of speccing (Alb melee spec way) and in that they have no solid damage dealing that won't suffer hell and back from PBT. They have no significant abilities in any areas, nothing that stands out, the only thing desirable they have is Defenders Rage style. All in all much the same problems Warriors have.

L

loxleyhood

GOA seems to be getting everything wrong nowadays, will armsmen ever be cured of their gimpness compared to the other classes?

You mean make armsmen as uber as mercs and scouts? Quit whining, you don't know what gimped means.

O

old.Aragone

tsk tsk

Armsmen are not gimped lol its all about the player and how you spec your char of em look at gunnerr and wildpt they do fine and for the Armsmen has nothing special part hmm Plate ?? ide give alot to get plate instead of scale

P

Puppetmistress

Re: tsk tsk

Originally posted by old.Aragone
Armsmen are not gimped lol its all about the player and how you spec your char of em look at gunnerr and wildpt they do fine and for the Armsmen has nothing special part hmm Plate ?? ide give alot to get plate instead of scale

Think alot of arms would give about the same for moose :)

A

Alrindel

**snore** when will GOA ever notice that its the lvl 40 ppl that start getting bored of going the same place again and again and again...etc...

Mythic. GOA has nothing whatsoever to do with zone design, dungeon layout, or class balancing.

And the new SI zones, including their dungeons, were designed primarily to help fill a gaping void that DAOC has had since its release over a year ago: a lack of high level PVE content (for more information, see one million billion whine threads on the VN Boards entitled "DAOC ENDGAME SUX"). The new dungeons are designed to be for full groups and even multi-group expeditions. They were never intended to be yet more content for lowbie soloers, because there's already loads of stuff for them to do.

F

Flimgoblin

Re: Re: tsk tsk

Originally posted by Puppetmistress
Think alot of arms would give about the same for moose :)

I'd rather have a 50% insta-heal over 2% effective damage reduction...

(evade 1 + chain-equiv - scale is it? versus plate and no evade)

Krondon's easy enough to get to with 1fg 40+ - just have to be careful.
Avalon even easier - just be careful where you go ... you learned not to pull 17 shredders in DF didn't you? :) or to go charging solo past the wights in the barrows.

There's usually plenty of groups just inside the entrance. (south entrance, the north one's usually deserted)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom