What's up with all these Moomin-avatars?

B

Ballad

One day they started appearing and now they're everywhere. Where did they come from?

I was totally unaware of this when I made mine. :eek:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Its the latest 'thing' 'fad' or 'trend' (whatever you want to call it) for those who use the RvR forums (scum, filth, trash - again whatever you want to call it)

If you just ignore them and avoid eye contact you'll be fine, they'll get over this just like every other little quirk they pick up :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
FOTM AVVIE! KEKE! ROFL!!11

:eek7:

I mean...

Umm...

*offers a carrot*

Keep your teeth allright?

Xplo

Banned
This discussion is allready in 1 thread, don't start another.

Ayam Ganbatte

Fledgling Freddie
My students in Japan use 'Moomin' as a slang word for pervert.

Apparently an 'Akihabara Moomin Papa' is the worst kind. Anyone with a slight knowledge of Tokyo should understand this.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
What the heck is Moomin anyway? (And no, I don't want to Google.com it, I'd probably end up on nasty fetish sites anyway).

Path

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
What the heck is Moomin anyway? (And no, I don't want to Google.com it, I'd probably end up on nasty fetish sites anyway).

Not knowing what a moomin is deserves a :touch: :twak:

Revz

Fledgling Freddie
Moomins sometimes wander down from the north pole and terrorise people in remote areas of Sweden. Or so I'm told.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Ballad said:
One day they started appearing and now they're everywhere. Where did they come from?

I was totally unaware of this when I made mine. :eek:

wannabelism

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
Daedalus said:

a herd of hippo like creatures led by an evil witch munchkin thing, quite frankly a very disturbing and evil *cartoon*
fear it!

originaly from somewhere in scandanavia , but i wouldnt like to guess where :mad:

H4rrM

Fledgling Freddie
Its originaly "Mumintrollet", books written by tove jansson I think (im mixing up again? i use to mix up names and such on public places like forums :eek6: ) The japanese adore everything finnish and made a cartoon out of it that got quite famous... or... aw well waddahell do i know

B

Ballad

H4rrM said:
Its originaly "Mumintrollet", books written by tove jansson I think (im mixing up again? i use to mix up names and such on public places like forums :eek6: ) The japanese adore everything finnish and made a cartoon out of it that got quite famous... or... aw well waddahell do i know
You're quite right here. Moomin (= "muumipeikko" originally in finnish) was a series of books written by Tove Jansson (for ADULTS) untill the japanese turned them to cartoons (for CHILDREN :(). That's pretty much when they lost their reputation. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom