What's the record?...

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
...for consecutive crafting attempts by an LGM crafter without getting a Masterpiece 100% item?

Not sure if there would be a record for this, but I'd like to make a claim with a 6 hour armourcrafting marathon on Saturday night with 85 consecutive attempts at making some full plate with my 1133 skill AC'er, and not one single bloody 100% quality item. :mad: And you know what? That is even with the "+1% minimum quality" tradeskill item equipped each time - 13 of the bloody things wasted, to be precise.

Sorry, just needed to get that off my chest. I am, to say the least, a tad unhappy... :(

Drusus

Fledgling Freddie
I remember Erodafira trying to make an MP Plate Helm for Asuno, took about 125 attempts...
Swore never to make an MP help again :(

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
The minimum quality item won't help you get a MP. There is a fixed chance of that. It will improve your chances of getting 95-99% though.

(ie. you might do better to use the crafting speed improvement item instead, unless you wanted 99%s)

I do remember someone's chain leggings taking over 300 attempts though - you have a way to go to beat that :)

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Well I made mp chain helm which costed me 16p total with all 99% sold to merchant except 1 or 2. Took me 7 hours and if I counted right 250 attempts straight crafting with 2 chars. Though I got 2 mp cloth interior parts in that time but still 2 mp's with 500 items made not too bad.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well the crafting system is really screwed up. I dont know how many times I have got so bored of crafting i've not done it again for a month or two. Last time I tried to lvl my fletcher, on 2nd accout sat 7 hours hitting the same key while playing faf on main account. Successfully made alot of orange con bow but only gained 1 point in fletching. A crafting system I liked was the one in Horizons where you got xp per item you made, ensuring you gained lvls. But here its just up to luck.

Flombert

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure how many attempt's I did but my first MP chain set cost me around 45-50 Plat to make...

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
I've tried to make an MP caster staff for FREE to a guildie, it was done by about 300 attempt, I've almost capped my fletching from 1000 to do it :)

Kalthorine

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for all the crafting horror stories... shared woe does actually make me feel a LOT better :cheers:

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
I did about 220 attempts on bigades MP plate legs. Gave up, and another crafter did about 80 more to get them for him. Cost him about 22p iirc.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
And that's why I never order MP Plate at people who usually are unlucky xD

Loch

Fledgling Freddie
Jenkz said:
I did about 220 attempts on bigades MP plate legs. Gave up, and another crafter did about 80 more to get them for him. Cost him about 22p iirc.
354 attempts in total on those, was me, you and chretien working on them :p

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
My nightmare mp, was an arcanium dirk 375 retries, was a freebie I promised someone to :(

Xeth

Fledgling Freddie
SevenSins said:
And that's why I never order MP Plate at people who usually are unlucky xD

Woohooo, Im a lucky crafter, I guess then :p

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Surely there must also be ppl who got mp on the first try? :)

Indis

Loyal Freddie
Fafnir said:
Well the crafting system is really screwed up. I dont know how many times I have got so bored of crafting i've not done it again for a month or two. Last time I tried to lvl my fletcher, on 2nd accout sat 7 hours hitting the same key while playing faf on main account. Successfully made alot of orange con bow but only gained 1 point in fletching. A crafting system I liked was the one in Horizons where you got xp per item you made, ensuring you gained lvls. But here its just up to luck.

Yeah I agree with that - the system on Horizons was amazing compared with DAOC. I liked the way that you could go out to the resource zones and mine/forage for your own stuff rather than having to rely on a farmbot.
Shame about the rest of the game tho.. :(

CedrikWayfarer

Fledgling Freddie
Me and Roshia tried for MP Chain boots, and we had around 160 tries EACH before we got a pair of boots. So 320 retries :)

Ray

Fledgling Freddie
was making plate gloves af 102 and took me about 130 tries to make mp. then i got 3 clothes left so i used them after getting mp already and got another mp ones in second try -,,-

Mairghead

Fledgling Freddie
Over 5 crafters I've had some nightmares, though none in the last 18 months, thank goodness. There is, by the way, no such thing as a "lucky" or "unlucky" crafter. If you craft enough items, the luck averages out.

The worst luck I had was with 2 MP arcanium long dirks ordered together. BOTH took over 200 tries. Normally, when one has been a bitch, the other one drops fast and I was hoping for a quick drop on the second weapon. Not that time.

An MP friar robe once took over 200 tries as well. I made it years ago for free as a present for someone who, as far as I know, never spellcrafted or wore it because they preferred the look of the epic set. Heh.

I've had more occasions where an MP has dropped in the first 5 makes than I have had nightmare runs, though, which is reassuring.

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
There's lucky crafters, trust me.

Xeth is one of the most lucky crafters on this earth.. when he's crafting for me, ofcourse! :p

Rakdhin

Fledgling Freddie
I've made chain leggings for Dreami for 12p, then he cancelled order (he paid for the retries, of course). Then right after he cancelled it I started making the same leggings for Tuesday, and got it MP on second try. So, Dreami paid 12p for Tuesday's retries who paid about 500g for her MP leggings. ;) Sucks to be him.

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Fastest MP i have was a Handaxe at the first try, followed by a Cleaver also on the first try, slowest was a 2h sword what cost me 89 tries. Not that unlucky i guess, and i made 3 MP hinges once in a row, crafting in DAOC is atleast strange...

Breon

Fledgling Freddie
Gazon said:

Did an order for soulfly a long time ago boots i think it was and got it on 1st attempt.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Breon said:
Did an order for soulfly a long time ago boots i think it was and got it on 1st attempt.

Yeah, I did something similar a few times. I was always quite lucky with crafting.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
remember once asking Steveh to craft me a 99% mace
He hit MP before 99%(got a MP mace for 500gish during SI time)

Was well happy :)

I think luck is the reason why i have 1 of each Legendary crafter and don't take meny orders...i hate it when i have bad luck and end up making someone pay loads and loads.

Amanita

Part of the furniture
Gazon said:

First lvl 51 item I made with my AC'er was a MP.

Managed to get an MP crown on my tailor on the first attempt, but the most attempts I've done I think was about 115 on some chain sleeves.

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
1000+ tries on MP studded set

211 tries on mp chain sleeves

184 tries on mp studded gauntlets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom