What's the most lvl's you've gained in one sitting?

D

danskmacabre

I'm on holiday this week, and my wife and kid are at their parents for the week, So I have the place to myself.
Naturally, I've been on the computer pretty much constantly.

As a result of this, my main character, my Cleric.
In one sitting jumped from lvl 15 to lvl 20.
So that's 5 lvl's gained in one very long gaming sesion....
From about midday to midnight....

Now, instead of bashing slavers, giants and stuff in groups,
I'm hanging around the Keltoi mines.,. (Albion, excal.. btw)

What's the most lvl's you've gained in one sitting?

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

The biggest leap in a single sitting for me was probably from level 1 to level 5. Ever since then female dwarf healers took spots in groups up to level 50, so these female dwarf healers prevented me from levelling up at a similar rate from then on. Do I seem bitter at female dwarf healers?

D

danskmacabre

Well, you can do 1 to 5 in a couple of hours, the lvel progression is pretty fast then...But from 15 to 20, it's considerably slower...
The female dwarf healer thing, that's on Midgard, right?

P

- Pathfinder -

If by sitting you mean camping a spot, I'd say 3 levels. If you simply mean session, it'd be 1-14 (Have to love wizzies :)).

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
If by sitting you mean camping a spot, I'd say 3 levels.
No, not camping, just a session on the computer.

If you simply mean session, it'd be 1-14 (Have to love wizzies :)).

Wow, impressive, what were you doing?
Where was the places you progressed through?
How long were you at it?
Did you group?

F

Fafnir

Well, got my warrior from lvl 1-7 in under 3 hours.

O

old.LandShark

33 to 38 in one session
one looooonnnggggggg mind-numbing session

T

Trahg

The biggest level-leap i ever did during a session was from lvl 24-26 to lvl 29-31 with my bard. Can't remember exact starting/endning lvl, but it was a leap of 5 levels :D

(would like to do another 5-level-leap now at lvl45 ;) )

F

Fafnir

Well, just make you next session 7 days long and you might just make it in one session... :)

P

- Pathfinder -

Heh, you'd be suprised what a lv 44+ wizard/theurg can do for you :) No, I didn't group, simply used damage buffs to scythe through enemies :)

D

danskmacabre

I was lucky enough to find a pretty good party when I first logged on, and some of the members were on as long as I was, so we got new recruits every now and then..
We Started out at the Giants and then went to the broken bridge, then went to the Keltoi mines, lvling up all the way....

The last place we went to wasn't so successful tho, we tried Tepok and got whupped....but it was midnight by then and I called it a night...I hope I find those players again tonight...

I might even try the RvR tonight, now I'm high enuf lvl to give it a try..

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by danskmacabre
The female dwarf healer thing, that's on Midgard, right?
*nods head* It is my personal plague of locusts.

D

danskmacabre

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte

*nods head* It is my personal plague of locusts.

so, why do they cause problenms for you?
Why/how do they steal group spots off you?

C

case-rigantis

i managed 23-29 in one sitting with my Minstrel...thats in 6 hours in cats with a great group playing powersong and a couple of DD`s now and again. :)

O

old.Krusha

48.4-50 .. man did i feel sick after that...

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by danskmacabre
so, why do they cause problenms for you?
Why/how do they steal group spots off you?
My friend, Malmohus waiting lists twisted to their favours has, ironically, left me twisted towards them!

A lot of Malmohus veterans I have spoken to have their own slightly personalised version of Malmohus-syndrome, that is mine.

K

Khalen

1-21 in the first weekend when daoc was released with some of my friends staying at my place to make it a daoc weekend :)

O

old.Tohtori

I think mine was a 10-12 hour sprint to level 13 when i first started the game. Started as a warrior, level 5 came easy near Galp and Fort atla, then crabs near Nalliten, pooks(classic) and back to Galp for the undead/spirits etc and finally willows. Yes. Very tired, a few random groups(nothing big) and went to sleep. :p

Also did some random place finding etc, like we all did when we played the first time.

O

old.chesnor

I dont remember exact levels, but I do remember with my Healer starting the days xpfest out with shiny yellow cons armour and ending the session in green cons rags :)

I also recall having 100+ skill points to spend on occasions after a day of flat out daocing, not bad considering Healers get 1x per level.

O

old.tRoG

1- 12 with my trusty skald, trubadur.

got to lvl 5, soloed to lvl 7 (i yhinnk) and chain killed the silver lizards with 7 others for a few hours to get to ten.

then we all hit nisse before dieing to a train (lvl 12 by then), then i left to stop my eyes from becoming square.

or, in higher lvls 15-18 with trog the thane (*sniff* i miss you big guy!) hanging around askheim/ skona with a group.

i hate healers. any healer. because of them my skald is now stuck at this lowly lvl. see a group with a healer and ask to join they say 'no, we're ok.' join a group without a healer and it goes something like this.

gain 1 bub, die, lose 0.5/0.7 and pay half my money to healer. gain 1 bub, die, lose 0.5/0.7 and pay half my money to healer. gain 1 bub, die, lose 0.5/0.7 and pay half my money to healer. aaaaaaaaaaaargh!

i have resorted to asking my higher lvl guild mates (hey, theyre all either 6 lvl above me or 6 lvls below me... all because i cant lvl because of those st00pid healers...) to p/level me so im not so lonely and can group with them!

where is my pride? i feel so ashamed :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom