whats the most excellant thing youve ever done?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Well its friday night....again and here i am sat infront of the pc tenderly makin sweet sweet love to me beer when from outside comes the usual weekend sounds a bunch of piss 'eads just back from the pub shouting random shit at eachother at the top of their voices.

i think to myself "ill just get me bb gun and bust a cap in their arse"....then i think "there has to be more to life than this" which then got me wondering, aside from being computer nerds we all have lives out side of the small darkened basements and lonely attics we call home and i wondered what you guys have seen/done that you consider to be the most excellant thing you've ever done (i.e parachuting or leading a small band of rebel orang utangs on a freedom rally)

so if you have a tale of adventure you'd like to share i'd love to hear it to brighten up my drab life here in Tequila Towers where my only company is my long suffering bf and Groinstrain the butler, if youve got any pic's of said event then would be great to see them too.

so come on guys prove them all wrong, show the world that nerds are exciting too!

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
downed 50 cl of whiskey in approximately 45 minutes, got staggering drunk, tilted to the bath room and puked, heard the party leaving for another room in the dorm and decided to follow, ended up in said rooms toilet puking for 3 hours, got dragged to bed, remember entering first door in my room, then going to lay in my bed, the 4 hours between those two are gone....

for confirmation ask Christi of B&G (alb&excal) :)

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
was probably when i played in a horrormovie, had to play a diseased bloodthirsty maniac... (thats where i got the pic in my profile from)

unfortunately these roles dont make you famous... "see that cannibal freak?? thats me!" :mad:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Climbing in the italian Dolomites, most beutifull and exhilirating experience ive had so far i think. Shame DAoC came along and put a stop to me doing prolonged outdoors stuff - used to love doing such things but now i cant summon the energy any longer :twak:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
It was either cycling across France and into Spain in the space of 10 days or when I raised £2500 for charity by cycling down the Nile.

25 years old and those are the only two things in my life that I have done that I am vaguely proud of.

Where did I put those razor blades?

Ezteq

Queen of OT
nice lot of stuff guys i been racking me brain trying to think of something and although they arnt exactly anything special theyre mine:
-when i was 6 was chosen to be in a movie about the tolpuddle martyrs (1st trade unionists) had some really fun times on that.
-when i was 16 i went to work on a building site and worked building the block of flats that i would move in to (pretty cool saying yeah this is my house, i built that bit over there)
to date thats it lol but i have just got my pass port so will be globe trotting in no time

keep em coming guys im taking notes for ideas on what to do when i actually get a life :touch:

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
My advice is to go to war torn and third world countries. You will come back to this shitty isle and really appreciate it.

Karam_Gruul

Banned
riding a 500cc motorbike on my direct access course, test is on tuesday.. which means soon the best thing i'll have ever done will be to ride a 600cc bike at silly speeds around 20mph roads

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Karam_Gruul said:
riding a 500cc motorbike on my direct access course, test is on tuesday.. which means soon the best thing i'll have ever done will be to ride a 600cc bike at silly speeds around 20mph roads
lol good luck for test....i hope your neighbourhood is ready for this :clap:

Binky the Bomb

Fledgling Freddie
Biting a girl on the ass in public as she was getting on the bus (my mum didn't approve, she was behind me in the que).

Getting to second place in a local warhammer tournament with a mates army (he was sick).

Being headbutted by accident by a guy in a club and not noticing (i was walking by and he hit me, didn't notice it had happened although he spent all night in hospital with concusion).

Being chased all night by several attractive young women round a night club (sadly, they just wanted my rabbit. But it was a good thrill all the same).

Isuing the ultimatum "play something decent or well strip you naked and hunt you throught the streets" to a one man band in the pub once. He was playing guitar and vocals to a selection of background music (like kareoke). He packed his bags and left quickly after two hours play. The landlady was most impressed, he didn't even come back to be payed.

thats all folks.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Loads of stuff, cos I'm old and used to be quite adventurous.

For wow factor ,diving off Malta and getting taken by local guide down a long tunnel at 35 metres, it opened out into a large area about the size of a football field and an edge that dropped over a shear drop of thousands of feet straight down, peering over the edge the water was as clear as tap water and about 300 ft below there was about 10 hammerhead sharks swimming in circles, after a few moments they started to swim straight up towards us, the guide let then get to like 50ft away and signalled that we should go back up the tunnel, I looked back and 1 of them was sat right where I had been.....totally awesome

Sortbane

Fledgling Freddie
hmm.. from my active days..

Getting to the top of Mount Blanc at the age of 16, trip to remember...
Having walked most of the glaciers in northern norway and rapelled down a ice chasm that was 40m deep and when at the bottom you get this whole blue light shining from the ice all around you.. was a divine moment...
Done a hiking (mountain walking) trip from Norway to Finland in 1 week, spending the nights under open sky and doing the whole "survival thing" with nature..

And the humane one - Having played as a warm up band for a fund raising concert that was supposed to raise funds for a cancer department for kids in the local hospital. was over 500 watching/listening

Gasoline

Fledgling Freddie
I'm only 16, but i've done some pretty cool stuff up in the Lake District...
-- Went canoeing, and successfully managed to be the ONLY person not to tip over
-- Went caving down a bleeding HUGE hole...slipped on a small waterfall, slid down smooth rock, and plunged into a freezing 10ft-deep pool at the bottom...as you can imagine, I got rather cold... :(
-- If you've ever seen the Helvellyn Plateau (it's one of the most b00tiful places imo), I've climbed all the way along the 1km ridge (it's about 50cm across in some places, with basically a sheer cliff on either side...one side has a lake, surrounded by the ridges on either side, and the plateau at the top) and clambered to the plateau, which has got to qualify for "windiest natural place in the UK"...the wind speed up there is insane!
-- Went mountain-biking on a course, and ended up throwing myself head over heels into a puddle of mud...I was unscathed! (or so I thought!)
-- Got out of a 10km walk in the rain while I was whisked off to hospital (day after mountainbiking) and got a cast for my broken wrist :drink:

And this was all in one week! :) School CCF does trips like this every couple of years, so I went on one...
One last achievement...
-- Quit CCF ;)

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
when in bigg market (newcastle UK) left a club and saw 3 girls walking across road.. 1 stopped in middle of road and decided to take her shoes off..
taxi came along road while she was doing it.. so i just dived across road and got her outta the way.. smashing my face on kerb in meanwhile.. but she was ok.. taxi screeched to halt behind me..
cheeky bitch had nerve to say i say broken the heel on the shoe she hadnt taken off.. and walked off with her friends.. muttering..

some people.. still got the scars :(

other stuff: asked out a totally gorgeous girl out i didnt know on train.. she had good excuse to say no.. but if i hadnt.. woulda regretted it FOREVER.. took some courage lemme tell you :)

hitting someone who had started on my bro (lollie/arboc) SOOO hard i shattered a bone in my hand and made him feel like he was in cloud-cukoo-land..

oh and ofc.. making the first trance tune i was truely happy with.. aint gonna name it though.. maybes later :) will be available for download when other stuff ready

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ilaya said:
when in bigg market (newcastle UK) left a club and saw 3 girls walking across road.. 1 stopped in middle of road and decided to take her shoes off..
taxi came along road while she was doing it.. so i just dived across road and got her outta the way.. smashing my face on kerb in meanwhile.. but she was ok.. taxi screeched to halt behind me..
cheeky bitch had nerve to say i say broken the heel on the shoe she hadnt taken off.. and walked off with her friends.. muttering..

some people.. still got the scars :(

roflmao excellant thing to do but made me think of the movie the full monty where he saves the guy from gassing himself in his car, the guy gives loads of abuse so the guy puts him back in the car, maybe you should have called the taxi to reverse lol :cheers:

Dekker

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm...

Sex in a nightclub toilet

Pulling a bus with Brian Blessed

Being arrested for being "Incapable of looking after myself"

Pulling a mooner in Covent Garden, then moonwalking across it to the delight of a gaggle of Japanese tourists

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Taking a first aid course and using that knowledge just 2 weeks later to save a girl who got hit by a car....
Prob one of scariest moments in my life too

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Saving a guy from getting beaten up by bullies...

Yeah, I know, I haven't achieved much :mad:

If it was now, I wouldn't have saved him ^^

sibanac

Fledgling Freddie
Voting on myself for local elections :)
Brewing my own beer.
Failing to organise a pissup in a brewery, because we where to drunk to get there :cheers:

Going to my old colage to say hello to the teacher that flunked me for UNIX, and having my then boss, who used to work as a sys admin for NASA JPL tell the teacher he was a moron

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Buying my house and seeing it double in value in 3 years.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Sissyfoo said:
It was either cycling across France and into Spain in the space of 10 days or when I raised £2500 for charity by cycling down the Nile.

25 years old and those are the only two things in my life that I have done that I am vaguely proud of.

Where did I put those razor blades?

Im 19, I would be very proud to be honest, if I had raised that much money to charity, one big thing to do m8!

You should be proud!

Rothzak

Fledgling Freddie
hmm most excellent thing? saving my bro from committing suicide...

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
i guess the most excellent thing ive ever done off the top off my head would be being born.... cuz afaik i nearly died at birth and i got dropped in the hospital =/ .. sumtimes i wish i did;x

mts

Fledgling Freddie
Garnet said:
Renewing my daoc account :)

<3 :D

most excellent thing i've ever done, eh?

hmmm, i'm gonna go with being born and on top of that being born in the awesomness that is scandinavia, weeeee

EDIT: lol, ok didn't see conchabars post.. honest :]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom