Hey
Is your ADSL good for gaming?
Mines not! BTO
Just wondering/asking for some feedback as I'm in the process
of wanting another ISP.
I hear Nildram is good for games.
Also Eclipse (which is expensive)
Feedback appreciated...
Can you gimme some stats like command line pings to barrys servers (not in game q3 pings) and packet loss etc.
Cheers
Anth

T

throdgrain

ive heard packet loss on dsl is bloody awful. like so bad im staying with isdn till cable arrives.
this aint the same for everyone ,but lots of ppl....

O

old.SmoKe-23

Am using Madasafish ADSL.. absolute shit for gaming atm... pings and pl have been crap all week.. service used to be good though :(.. /me is gonna switch to cable when contract is up.

C

Chameleon

Nildram ADSL has been excellent. Last week tho, many adsl users, belonging to all sorts of providers have been having problems. On the whole though, I rate ADSL very highly and havent had many probs ........ till now, but I hope it will be sorted quickly.

O

old.Gibzz

Yeah I second that, Nildram ADSL has been excellent until last week, now its totally fux0red, is ok for a few mins, then pings hike up to 200 :/ As BT are involved with the backbone, me wonders if it will ever be sorted :/. If it stays like it, guess I'll bin and and go back to me modem :(

T

throdgrain

all i hear makes me stick with isdn.god only knows when eurobell will sort cable modems :(

S

SoWat

As BT are involved with the backbone, me wonders if it will ever be sorted :/. If it stays like it, guess I'll bin and and go back to me modem

For once this is a Nildram problem, and not a BT one. Take a look at the forums on http://www.adslguide.org.uk for more info.

I think you'll find that BT are not involved with Nildram's backbone (a thought that would send a shiver through all Nildram subscribers).

O

old.Gibzz

I meant more the infrastructure I guess than the backbone, i.e it's BT up to the point it gets to Nilly. The traceroutes I have shows the delay is between me and the first hop, so it looks more like BT/Nilly access point. I'll check that URL tho, prob keep me better updated hehe.

O

old.charliealpha

My BTO adsl is rockin. So much so that I'm upgrading to a 1mb line in the New Year.

ph33r?

S

SoWat

Ah, all that extra bandwidth!

This means, of course, that you'll be able to get in more of your "Try hitting that barn over there" bind. :rolleyes:

One of the guys over at adslguide, downgraded his from 1mb to 512. He reports his gaming performance actually increased!

O

old.Gibzz

lol @ sowat, that bind needs all the bandwidth it can indeed ;)

Yeah, it's only really worth upgrading bandwidth for downloads etc, not much effect on gaming, not on the way its provided in the country anyways :/

O

old.charliealpha

that bind owns you. I'm setting up a seperate server to handle the throughput required for it..

O

old.Gibzz

Think i need that config, have u added it as an extra bit of config to your fire button by any chance?

bind mouse1 "+attack; say Try hitting that bard door over there" would truly 0wn on the servers hehe

O

old.Gibzz

Yeah, I'm suffering from that atm, tis truly ghey and makes game playing trule pants :) gg BT (even tho I use Nildram, they still have to use BT to get the conn from u to them which is the problem)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom