Whats the deal with EF?

D

[DAD]Monty73

I was wondering if the EF clans out there are shrinking?

There is a distinct lack of players in publics these days and I wondered if the Members in EF clans were dropping or if clans are dropping out all together?

I have noticed new players online, maybe because EF is budget now, they are getting creamed by the older players and as a result may not stay :(

What does everyone else think, is it just me?

I hope EF does continue even if it is just Clans in leagues that are left.

M

mr.Blacky

some are going some are staying. The average number players night time aint changed that much usually I see around 200-240 people in servers (though this is global).
Have to say bw servers are not as full as they once were

D

[DAD]Monty73

Yeh, I guess its the Barrysworld ones I have been noticing, although I don’t really see that many players in games on many servers. I am also looking worldwide with my All Seeing Eye ;)

Last night at 11pm there must have only been 18 or so players on the whole of BW publics.

P.s. Quote"for SIN to be forgiven you have to believe in SIN" I do :D

M

mr.Blacky

really? 18 well I was on a full server......though it was a bit anoying caus of the many campers......

NOOOOOO dont believe in sin, its bad for you

O

old.crashpaddy

as far as i have seen a few clans have left but others have popped up.

yeah BW certainly seems empty nowdays...........maybe because of all the network problems they had a while back.during that time i should say players went on ewetel and other servers and probably decided to stay there.

EF won't die Monty,it was said a while back that JKII would wipe EF off the map but that doesn't seem to be the case.the only clan that i have heard of switch over to JKII and quiting EF is MCP (there maybe more) but even so i have still seen some MCP players on servers.
there will always be players for it,regardless of what other games come out.

O

old.[CLF]Stevo

JK2 is piss anyway; Its all sabers and they cry when you use a gun. Its an FPS built on the Q3A engine and they running around jumping bout 100ft in the air.

Also that push and pull thing annoys me, they push u off the edge without touching u; and they cant a kill for it.

Daft game in my opinion

D

[DAD]Monty73

I agree with you on the most part Stevo, the force allows players with no skill have an impact on the turnout of the game.

I played 1 game where 1 guy just stood there the whole time and used push!!!!

I have also come across players who complain about guns lol.

3rd game I ever had, this happened............

I am on an empty server................an unnamed guy enters (he did have a name ;) ) He says to me prepare to meet your God! We start to play CTF and after I score 3 flags and he scores none using the force and his saber he says "sabers only", so I said "Blasters only" his response was an annoyed "Why did you buy this game?" what could I say but "Not to fanny around with light sabers all the time" lol there are a few of them out there........

Thats why I say

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side kid!" or rather Han Solo did (sado eh :p)

JK2 is good though, I just don’t like the force aspect of it, and not because I cant do it either, if people want to fanny around with a light saber thinking they are a real Jedi, more fool them :D

O

old.SHY-FX

No weapons? Sabre and Force only?

You gotta be joking rofl

O

old.crashpaddy

lol also seen pretty much that as well monty.

these force guys have no skill (well some anyway)the only force i use is the dark rage just to give me some extra speed,but the reason i like that is because it isn't one that i classify as unfair (like your guy standing and pushing all the time) at least when you use dark rage you health goes down so it gives your opponents a chance.personally i think push etc should be limited to a certain amount per life.........especially on NS_streets.

hehe i think pure skill is only shown when you actually pull off shots with that damn sniper gun (sorry forgot the name) the damn sights on it are awful :(

O

old.Krak3n1

JO is a very origional game and can't really be compared with EF. But i did think like many it would kill EF, and it still can. I've played JO and EF over the past 2 weeks and i prefer JO. It's a very in depth game and there are so many ways in which a game can develope. It could be totally revolved around force, or guns, even sabers, or a combination. It's a challenge to learn and get to grips with. EF is a extremlly small game, limited MP, (only CTF) no diversity in games, it's all the same, one after the other.

This game can't last for ever and sooner or later u have to move on to better games. And BW can't keep proping up the EF comunity, cos lets face it, if the BW servers go, thats it. EF will well and truely sink.

Raven have said un-officialy that they are looking into developing the game so that u have choice to play sabers/force only or Guns only, no force powers. Would that make the game better?

ccc^ is in JO as well btw, still playing ef now and then but we dont' train, or have any tactics. We play more for fun but EF isn't much fun anymore.

Krak3n

M

mr.Blacky

looking at the posts I have to say everybody had good points and bad points.
I think any weapons (force, saber blaster) can be used in any game. UNLESS its agreed upon not to use them. Then again part of what makes JK special are the sabers.

It is sad that you dont think EF aint fun Krak3n, I still do.

D

[DAD]Monty73

I am not against diversity in games in fact I am all for it. As well as moving into JK2 from EF we also play MOH, which again is a different kind of game with limited weapons and ammo instead of an arsenal, and the modes of play are very different too with the Round Based Matches and Objectives.

As for JK2 I like it, I think the balance of weapons is much better than EF including the saber. My point about sabers was why do people only want to use them in the likes of CTF and CFY games? Go play on a Duel server that’s what would I do if I wanted to play just sabers.

The Force is the thing for me. I have no problem in using it but I do feel that it can have too much of an impact on the game without any skill needed to use it. I will still be playing JK2, if there were Force free servers that would be better. Everyone I have spoken to agrees about the force lack of balance in the game.

O

old.MAS|Bull33tPr00

Hmmm...

I have concidered buying JO/JK2 over the past couple weeks as everybody has and here's my conclusion :
1. I love to snipe too much to have peeps chaotichally waving a saber in front of them like they were bugged by a fly or something and divert my shots.
2. Force pull/push sucks. I have not played it yet BUT it seems to annoy all the oldtimers from Q3 and EF.
3. I have bought RTCW and played a full 2 hours of it (I was quite active when it was test verison going on) so I won't try again to change fron EF until Doom3 is out
4. BW servers are empty until 2 AM when GooD players login and then it's a blast but I work at home in MY company so it'as kinda easier for me than it is for most.
5. I hate that Jedi spirit developping everywhere like those guys are all names JediSomething... even in EF... sad
6. EF was filled with n00bs when it became budget BUT JO/JK2 is out in the open, any guy with ADSL/CABLE/T1 can DL it for free and play Jedi masta when he has no skills or no understanding of how a game should be played.
7. If there are diff weapons, it means I can use them so I would rape any f00ker telling me "I will tell my dad that you used a blaster on me" gimme a compression riffle and I'll rape them lamers.

To add a bit of info: CCC, POD, PowerBladders, MCP, and a LOT of other clans left EF... sad especially when you see new clans poping from nowhere with only n00bs in them and they have a loud mouth when you own them silly. I have played with shy tonight and it resumed in a 1vs1 all game long. was fun though :D

Anyway as some peeps said in another post, I will play EF even if I have to buy me a server and run my own instance of EF so I can play. Period

Hey Shy! m00!

S

sTiFFoLdMaN

Originally posted by [CLF]Stevo
Also that push and pull thing annoys me, they push u off the edge without touching u; and they cant a kill for it.

Daft game in my opinion

ditto, me is another one that hates it :puke:

M

mr.Blacky

Bullet where can you download it from? haven't looked to hard tbh.
Also agree it is usually 2 high scoring people on each side and the rest have only a quarter or even lower points :(

D

[DAD]Monty73

Its available to download? lol someone was bound to do it sooner or later.

Bad idea releasing a game without activation codes needed these days, well if you want to make any money from it that is.

That said I am one of these sad people who cant resist buying games in those nice DVD boxes :D

I already had JK DF 2 and when I saw the DVD style one out with the Mysteries of the Syth missions I couldn’t resist, funny thing is I still haven’t played the M.o.t.S. missions :p.

I am also tempted to get the EF with XP in 1 DVD style box, but I better hold off lol

D

[DAD]Monty73

Dark Forces

Does anyone know of an online shop where I could get the original....

Dark Forces ?

I had it when it came out, great game at the time, but lent it to a friend of mine and never saw it again.

I would love to have a wee game of it.

Any help much appreciated ;)

O

old.MAS|Bull33tPr00

eDonkey/Morpheus/... are the official JK2 provider for most players I guess. I would never release a software without activation key (du'h!). Poor guys asked for it.

O

old.crashpaddy

anyone wanting to know where they can download the full game give me a shout on email or PM me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom