Whats the best (under £100) Graphics card for SI?

K

kain_pravus

seems my graphics card doesn't like SI, especially Aegirs (Stuck there with 1 frame per 6 secs) while it rendereds the freakin' world.

Oh well off to the shops I go soon, any ideas for a good (no more than £100) graphics card?

I like the look of the Geforce 4 mx440, all have good things to say about it?

N

-Nxs-

I heard that the geforce3 TI out performs the 4 MX.

Im running a 3 TI and having no problems with SI, even whacked the details up and its running fine.

Im sure you can get a 3TI for under 100 now.

B

Balthazar

You dont see the nice look of the water when you buy that video card..

B

blain

If you can afford a little more, i can heartly recommend the Sparkle GeForce4 Ti 4200.

Its approx £130
128mb DDR memory

Works lovely for me.

B

Balthazar

I bought the ati radion 9100 and get it today... that one cost 119 euro's.

but dont know if it support shrouded isles :p

T

trafikk_jamm

Try here, u can get a GeForce 4 Ti4200-8x 128MB DDR AGP for £107, do not waste money on a Geforce 4 mx440 which cannot support the reflective water etc.

http://www.dabs.com/products/prod-s...=700&mid=010&ob=manufacturer&obd=asc&stab=ref

If u are to short money wise go for a GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR AGP RP at £59.50 which is better than a mx440 and supports reflective water etc, i run one of these on my second pc with only a P3 1ghz 256mb ram and it runs SI fine on medium settings.

K

kain_pravus

Many thanks for the quick response, I'm sorry to say £100 is my max.

I need food :)

I'm a little gutted the mx440 doesn't support reflective water, But I'll have a look around the sites mentioned here, plus wander around PC world later.

Thanks again.

T

trafikk_jamm

See edit above and below with regards GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR AGP RP at£59.50

If u are to short money wise go for a GeForce3 Ti200 64MB DDR AGP RP at £59.50 which is better than a mx440 and supports reflective water etc, i run one of these on my second pc with only a P3 1ghz 256mb ram and it runs SI fine on medium settings.

L

liste

the Gforce 3 Ti200 supports all the new fluff, and outperforms the low-grade Gforce 4 cards. Its cheap too

A

aavarn

I have been using a GeForce Ti4400 with DAOC since I blew up (literally) my last gfx card (with DAOC). Works very nicely - not sure how much they retail for now but can't be much over £100.

B

Breni

Originally posted by Balthazar
I bought the ati radion 9100 and get it today... that one cost 119 euro's.

but dont know if it support shrouded isles :p

Sure does, damn fine card too. I have the 8500 in mine, does all the reflective water, shadows, and lovely graphics.

If you need to go out to the shops to get a new video card, the above should cost you about 99 quid from PC World...not that I recommend anyone go there unless they're totally desperate and/or an online order would take too long to get to them.

Good luck!

N

naetha

My Geforce 4 mx 420 has just died with Si and thats without shiny water and accurate shadows, I'd go for a Geforce 4 Ti verion, you can get them VERY cheaply from novatech and they are good and reliable, used them before. They have a Ti4200 for £110 and a Ti4800 for about £150.

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/Products.html?a2b14c0d0e0

Ordered my new one already :)

Nae

N

Novamir

im selling my 3 month old Creative GF3 Ti200 64mb DDR w/ TV-out for 50 quid + p&p if you want one :)

B

blain

If your on a budget then avoid PC World, they're rip off merchants

A

Apathy

Originally posted by Novamir
im selling my 3 month old Creative GF3 Ti200 64mb DDR w/ TV-out for 50 quid + p&p if you want one :)

Put it on eBay.

a.

B

Breni

Originally posted by blain
If your on a budget then avoid PC World, they're rip off merchants

Like I said...

not that I recommend anyone go there unless they're totally desperate

All high street retailers are a rip off for PC hardware, but sometimes you have to bite the bullet and go there.

M

Mardukk

Anyone knows if teh ATI Radeon 7500LE 64SDRTV works fine with all gfx inprovements etc of SI?

B

Breni

This is a good thread about graphics cards, and yes, the Radeon 7500 is fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom