What's PS worth?

G

granny

As disussed on P-A recentl;y, how much would you be willing to pay for Planetside?

The "standard" online monthly fee of £8-10 seems ludicrous for Planetside and I think if they set it at that level it'll be dead within 3 months.

Personally I'd happily pay £4/month for it. Any more than that and it ain't gonna happen for me.

Thoughts?

E

envenom

well atm you paying £8 for daoc whats the difference? please tell

G

granny

Originally posted by envenom
well atm you paying £8 for daoc whats the difference? please tell

Actually I pay £16/month for DaoC because I have 2 accounts. And the difference is enourmous. Planetside has 1% of the depth and potential longevity that any of the full MMORPG's have. It's an FPS with some persistent features.

The very idea of paying the same for PS as for DaoC or EQ is laughable, insane, not going to happen.

W

Will

I'd probably be happy with £8. The cost is for server maintenance and game patching/updates, so that would be similar between DAoC and PS.

C

Custy

yea, the longetivity is a big issue here, that is why i am on the EVE side of my own personal "What shall i buy" debate.

C

Cronn

Originally posted by granny
Actually I pay £16/month for DaoC because I have 2 accounts. And the difference is enourmous. Planetside has 1% of the depth and potential longevity that any of the full MMORPG's have. It's an FPS with some persistent features.

The very idea of paying the same for PS as for DaoC or EQ is laughable, insane, not going to happen.

You are forgetting 1 important thing...DAoC sucks, Planetside doesn't.

I'd be willing to pay up to £8 but would prefer if it was...free.

D

Deadmanwalking

And the magic server fairy would give them all the servers for free :D

O

Old_Bean

People keep mentioning longevity.

Surely you'll only pay for it for as long as you want to?

So what if it starts to suck after 3 months, just stop paying for it and move on.

I personally don't see PS as a replacement for DAOC (If I wanted to go through another time wasting boring piece of crap, I'd go over to EVE), it is a refreshing alternative. One which I'll probably play for a couple of hours a day, instead of 7 hours of DAOC.
I dare say I'll be playing it for a year or so, just like I did with Team Fortress Classic.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by mung
People keep mentioning longevity.

Surely you'll only pay for it for as long as you want to?

So what if it starts to suck after 3 months, just stop paying for it and move on.

I personally don't see PS as a replacement for DAOC (If I wanted to go through another time wasting boring piece of crap, I'd go over to EVE), it is a refreshing alternative. One which I'll probably play for a couple of hours a day, instead of 7 hours of DAOC.
I dare say I'll be playing it for a year or so, just like I did with Team Fortress Classic.

This man should be voted mayor of this goodamn town folks!

We think alike mung. Its not a TIMESINKMMORPGOMGWHEREDIDMYLIFEGO game - thank fuck.

M

Maliz-

Hey Xtro!
Not seen you ingame, bro.. Did you change your handle or something?

And please dont be a stranger to the KN forums ;)

X

Xtro

boo :)

Hello m8, don't worry I still use the KN forum, just posted now :)

I'm on emerald not markov now - still called Xtro m8. Actually been playing "real life" lately ;)

E

envenom

Daoc has depth ?LOL thats the sillyest thing ive heard in a long time

S

SilverHood

In DAoC we had to pay for silly translations

Thankfully, we don't have to do that here (I hope)

besides, I haven't had so much fun in a computer game for moths.

PlanetSide means I can smile and laugh while playing.
Been about 6 months since I could do that with DAoC, and even then, it was smiling and laughing about jokes other people said.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom