Whats needed for ranger temp?

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
So, is it archer spd/range damage still, or caster spd/range damage?
I have a couple of items with the archer bonuses are they now useless?
if we need caster stats then what items/arties now are a must have in templates?

Cheers

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
All items with archery or casting speed/range/damage on them were converted to increase both casting AND archery speed/range/damage. This has lead to a few nice new drops being usable, Ring of torrent for archers, Katorii's belt is good for hybrids etc.

I don't know much about archer templates except that dex should be capped!

Perf

One of Freddy's beloved
All items with archery or casting speed/range/damage on them were converted to increase both casting AND archery speed/range/damage. This has lead to a few nice new drops being usable, Ring of torrent for archers, Katorii's belt is good for hybrids etc.

have the existing items been changed or only drops after the patch?

DeathsBows

Fledgling Freddie

Dex don`t need to be so high as it used to be for dmg, just draw speed.

aug dex 2 with 413 dex buffed but with new archer system its totally over the top now so gonna have to redo it myself and drop a lot of dex.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
You can mess about depending what you want, but many have AT in now for the 5% spell pierce seeming as it counts for ranged now. If that's the case until the dragon stuff 8% is max damage. In melee you're mostly buggered anyway but plenty of possibilities - try PM'ing Raimo or Sarumann on here as they have just put together good temps and are actively playing rangers.

This was posted by Jaina on another thread, should be very useful on a sniper ranger template:

you will find the dmg test here

VN Boards - ARCHERY TEST: How to Cap Your Damage...
and these are speed caps

ARCHERY HASTE DEX
10% 386
9% 388
8% 391
7% 393
6% 395
5% 397
4% 400
3% 402
2% 404
1% 406