Whats lowest lvl a 50 can get a rezz from?

S

Spinky

Chars can res peopel at a maximum of 1.5 times their level

O

old.job

Actually it's how much power you have got, power increase items could help. ressing a 50 at lvl 35 would use all your mana

M

Meatballs

I tested it with my cleric and could do it at 34.

Actually it's how much power you have got, power increase items could help. ressing a 50 at lvl 35 would use all your mana

Its a %age of your power so it shouldn't be affected by +power/+pie items AFAIK.

O

old.Zarff

aye 34 works fine, never tried 33 tho :)

B

bulge

Its your level + 50% of your level so at 34 you can rez 34+17 = 51

//edit doh said that above , really shouldnt reply at 7ish in the morning before my brain is in gear.....

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Meatballs
its a %age of your power so it shouldn't be affected by +power/+pie items AFAIK.

misconceptions here...

%age cost is based on _average_ mana pools for your level. (or base mana.. something like that)

So more +int (or +pie for clerics obviously) and +pow will help.

e.g. get a theurgist to compare how many pets they get when unequipped compared to fully kitted out.

F

Falcon

Maybe completely wrong here, but is it not different for spec and baseline reses?

C

Cush

or just go get a few more lvls and be sure you can res a lvl 50 not like its hard or anything at lvl 35'ish to gain one or two lvls

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Falcon
Maybe completely wrong here, but is it not different for spec and baseline reses?

nope they all cost the same %age based on level.

there's too many clerics out there that think their spec-line ress costs them more mana :(

there's NO reason nowadays not to use the best ress you have (except for being malicious)

The higher level resses cost the same, cast the same, heal better and reduce ress-sickness more.

H

hellraisermk2

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

nope they all cost the same %age based on level.

there's too many clerics out there that think their spec-line ress costs them more mana :(

there's NO reason nowadays not to use the best ress you have (except for being malicious)

The higher level resses cost the same, cast the same, heal better and reduce ress-sickness more.

Yup very true. It's kind of painfull to see my best res overwritten by another healers ghetto res (when you know that other healer has better res's available) because the power usuage for the higher res's is the same.

Either way though, I'm sure the recipient is just glad of a res (I know I am when I play my warrior). It's a shame the majority of healer classes don't know that it costs the same amount of power/ mana regardles of which level res is cast.

M

Meatballs

misconceptions here...

%age cost is based on _average_ mana pools for your level. (or base mana.. something like that)

e.g. get a theurgist to compare how many pets they get when unequipped compared to fully kitted out.

Takes longer to regen the power though :(

A

Aule Valar

that test won't work, with armour on we have more dex so will cast faster, this negates the (rather small) effect of mana regen more that casting without the extra dex

D

Danya

misconceptions here...

%age is based on actual pool, a full kitted theurgist can spam more pets because they have a focus staff, not because they have a bigger power pool. It's not possible to res a level 50 with a 33 no matter how twinked.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Aule Valar
that test won't work, with armour on we have more dex so will cast faster, this negates the (rather small) effect of mana regen more that casting without the extra dex

don't remove/replace anything with +dex on it :)

actually...

if you count _number of casts_

then the amount of dex won't matter - if you cast 10 pets without armour and 14 pets with armour before you run out of mana, that means its a fixed percentage...

Just because it takes you 40 seconds to empty your mana pool instead of 30 seconds means that you're losing out on mana with equipment
(the slow-casting equipment-less caster would regen more mana whilst casting than the equipped caster)

as danyan says the staff will have a big impact - so test without kit but with staff :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom