What's best ?

S

stupidshady

I wanna buy a crafted 1H 99% qua weapon, but what should I take, the Sabre, or the Jimbiya, the price is the same, but whats best ? ( considering that its to kill casters normally )

K

Khalen

Sabre, go for more damage then speed. A real tank doesn't need very fast weapon, it would only serve good if it had a proc and a crafted doesn't have a proc so far (yet).

S

stupidshady

ok, thx for info khalen, I will get the sabre then

B

belth

I'd go for the faster one if you're killing casters... QC stun is, shall we say, insane. Slower weapon if you're always grouped tho.

P

Pin

I'd go for the faster one for killing casters. Get through that BT and actually hit them sooner.

S

stupidshady

hhhmmm

/em gets confused

maybe I should get faster then ?......

G

gunner440

me personally i would take sabre as the jambiya is more of a Rogue weapon. With the sabre i can easily break pbt and havent had any problems. Also the end use is almost the same but the dmg difference is quite a bit (longsword v shortsword).

with s/s any tank should be able to break even 6sec pbt

S

stupidshady

ok, thx gunner

veeshan, ya gonna pay for the second sword then ? :)

S

stupidshady

only RR4 gunner :( but eventually I'll get there :p

and another question now........is it a good idea to buy a crafted shield ? if so whats best ? Tower or Heater shield?

R

Rhuric

Atleast in future patches it will affect alot to have crafted shield as your % chance to block will increase with higher quality shield

Atleast I read that somewhere in some patch history or grab bag

B

belth

Sabre and Jambiya will do same damage over time. The other's just doing it in smaller chunks.

P

Pin

Originally posted by stupidshady
and another question now........is it a good idea to buy a crafted shield ? if so whats best ? Tower or Heater shield?

Currently, the highest crafted shield is only level 46, so you may want to use a good dropped one for now. Patch 1.54 will give level 51 crafted shields though, so definately get one of those.

K

kinadold

Unless you can get weapon speed very very high, you may
not interrupt a QC mage.

Fast weapons :

Best way to kill someone is to hit them with the last hit so they
go to precise 0 hp. That way you did not waste any unnecessay hits. A faster weapon will have less surplus damage in that final hit, so in theorie should be better. Will also help beat fast pbt.

Slow weapons :

In DaoC your first hit is instant, giving slower weapons a plus.
After you are stunned, you enemy will face the 'stun bug' for a longer time, which might interrupt him. Also big hits might scare him to burn IP faster than smaller hits, or maybe make him make a mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom