Whats best: Salvaging or selling?

S

skerit XP

I was just wondering if salvaging is actually better then selling...

I'd hate to salvage everything when it owuld be better to sell it.
(Oh, is anyone interested in giving me 1M or something? It'll help my SC :D)

O

old.mattshanes

I will give you an example i salvaged a hammer it gave me 36 arcanium bars(this was a drop btw off a high con mob),to vendor this would be 80g(?),hinged the materials got 182g for it which isn't bad for a drop from one lv50 mob,if you just sell it you get 7g:eek:

P

Pixie.Pebr

This is true for drops, Salvaging -> Trinketing is better in terms of cash.

If you are a crafter of weapons for example, selling the pieces you make when skilling up to NPC vendors yield more than salvaging, since you would not trinket the metal, only reuse it.

P

primo

What exactly is salvaging? I havent played since juny is this somekind of new thing with SI?

S

Sarnat

Salvaging has been since EU release =P

You drop an item on ground, target it and use /salvage and you will get some material for the item, depending on what it is made of. Jewelry can not be salvaged.

Trinketing is when you turn this salvaged material to some crafted stuff (like asterite hinges) which sell for more than just the bars.

This way one chain hauberk drop from Malmohus gives you 159 asterite bars which is about 159*2,23g = 355g (I hope I got the numbers right).

S

SilverHood

drop an item on the ground? You living in the stoneage Sarnat?

Press Shift + R (default) to get the menu up.

S

skerit XP

Thanks for the info all :) just realized I can't salvage anything, I'm a spellcrafter :) Kinda logic when you think of it...

Anyway, tnx for the info

L

lairiodd

It depends, salvaging is better for drops while selling to merchant is better for crafted stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom