What's an effort free way to book flights? :|

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Hi Chaps!

Work have granted me a few weeks off next month so I'm going to visit my family in Australia. Unfortunately as I'm now a proper adult and everything (Thanks for my 13th Jan birthday thread you twats :() I have to sort all of the travel stuff out on my own!

I'd be looking to leave on about the 3rd of February and get back on the 27th of February or so and I'd be going from Heathrow to Sydney ... now I've tried flight comparison/travel supermarket etc and I can see prices of about £700 but when I am then directed to the website of the specific deal they recommended the tickets are never what they were originally advertised. The closest I've got is directly through Singapore Airlines / Virgin etc, and they're over £1000 ! That can't be right.

What's the best way to get a cheapish flight that doesn't involve hours of trawling websites with hidden deals and smallprint?

Ta! :D

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Are you being serious?

Even my grandmother can book flights*

*She's dead.

Chilly

Balls of steel
Oz is a long way mate, gonna cost you some wonga. You got a valid passport? Sorted out any visa shit if required? As for flights there are probably only a couple of airlines going to oz from the uk so it should be too hard to find the cheapest. If you are proper lazy go to a travel agent.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I think you're going to struggle to get cheaper flights than a grand. Jan-Feb is one of the busiest times for Oz flights (Australia Day etc.) I did occur to me that it might be cheaper to get a round the world ticket. Mine was only around £750. You wouldn't be using it as advertised exactly but you could go London>Bangkok (or Singapore)>Sydney>LA>London. Give STA Travel a go. NB. You need a visa for Australia but you get it online and don't have to mess around sending your passport off.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
February does seem more expensive than other months. :( I think I've left it a bit too late too. I've had a word with work and decided to hold off on the trip for a bit. Now I have to find somewhere else to live because I've given my 1 months notice to my landlord! (I want to get out of there anyway :)) Cheers for the info people.

(You can close/delete this thread now :p)

Chilly

Balls of steel
When is oz day? not too long now? feb the something?

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom