What?

O

old.job

npcbanner2002.jpg

D

Delket

OOh thats blackpool i live near there...
And yes theres a LOT of old people :p

O

old.0xygen

I gather stock prices for dog food, hair nets, tea and flat caps has sky rocketed?

D

Delket

Originally posted by old.0xygen
I gather stock prices for dog food, hair nets, tea and flat caps has sky rocketed?

and PIE!

O

old.Noita

Ooooooh so Del lives near Blackpool... the Las Vegas of T3h N0r7h(TM)!!!!!!!!!11

I've had one or two fun filled fabbie frolics there myself :D

Toodle Pip ;)

K

krait

Blackpool... the Emain of seaside resorts.

Give me Scarborough anyday.
;)

D

Delket

The emain of seaside resorts rofl

So true, i hardly ever go there cos its so shit, i like about 10 miles away thank god.
If you ever go there its so bloody busy and naff, eugh.

O

old.Noita

Yeah... but for a born and bred County Girl it certainly was an eye opener... pickled whelk anyone??

P

Psy|:m00:

Hum, Blackpool.

The overwhelming stupidity of tourists there is incredible, people asked me where the beach was on the promenade when the tide was in.. <sighs>

O

old.job

Actually, I was just waiting for the

OLD!!!!!!!!!!

Reply:p

O

old.tRoG

Blackpoo, is probably one of those filthy english beaches covered in rocks and horrible grey sand...

You want a Western Isles beach. Good and proper.

O

old.job

Yo, Trog, my stepdad was from the Isle of Barra, been up there a lot, your right the beaches are beautiful, some on the Islands are completely white.

It's just so freekin cold :eek:

B

BubbleCDR

HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!
:clap: HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!

S

SFXman

Originally posted by BubbleCDR
:clap: HAVE A HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!
Talk about spam.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by SFXman

Talk about spam.
ok...
Directly from Hormel foods, makers of Spam(c)

"Spam and the Internet"

You've probably seen, heard or even used the term "spamming" to refer to the act of sending unsolicited commercial email (UCE), or "SPAM" to refer to the UCE itself. Following is our position on the relationship between UCE and our trademark SPAM.

Use of the term "SPAM" was adopted as a result of the Monty Python skit in which a group of Vikings sang a chorus of "SPAM, SPAM, SPAM . . . " in an increasing crescendo, drowning out other conversation. Hence, the analogy applied because UCE was drowning out normal discourse on the Internet.

We do not object to use of this slang term to describe UCE, although we do object to the use of our product image in association with that term. Also, if the term is to be used, it should be used in all lower-case letters to distinguish it from our trademark SPAM, which should be used with all uppercase letters.

This slang term does not affect the strength of our trademark SPAM. In a Federal District Court case involving the famous trademark STAR WARS owned by LucasFilms, the Court ruled that the slang term used to refer to the Strategic Defense Initiative did not weaken the trademark and the Court refused to stop its use as a slang term. Other examples of famous trademarks having a different slang meaning include MICKEY MOUSE, to describe something as unsophisticated; TEFLON, used to describe President Reagan; and CADILLAC, used to denote something as being high quality.

Position Statement on "Spamming"

We oppose the act of "spamming" or sending unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCE). We have never engaged in this practice, although we have been victimized by it. If you have been one of those who has received UCE with a return address using our website address of SPAM.com, it wasn't us. It's easy and commonplace for somebody sending UCE to simply adopt a fake header ID, which disguises the true source of the UCE and makes it appear that it is coming from someone else. If you have or do receive UCE with this header ID, please understand that it didn't come from us.

J

Jonaldo

<elbow drops Sharma from the top of the milegate>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom