What you should NOT do

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
After my recent scam (still waiting on goas reply) Ive been getting pms by people saying the folowing:

account scammed (sent to me by a fh member)
i traded a few accounts with mates etc, nowt exciting.

This guy said he wanted them via msn , he payed through paypal , so i gave him all the details, then i found out via 2 paypal emails that he had used a stolen credit card, and that payment was held.

Im over it now, and im never gonna do that again!!!!!

All i want to do is stop the accounts from being played, as i said id rather have no one playing them than this bloke

he was called ********

learned my lesson, ill stick with what i have

I will not mention the guys name but IF you do this you deserved to be hacked, and your putting yourself in the line of fire for it.
This thread is made due to if people who are even considering to sell/trade their acounts to think again, and not make a silly escuse saying i got scammed like you, when it wernt even close to what happened to me:)

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
After my recent scam (still waiting on goas reply) Ive been getting pms by people saying the folowing:

account scammed
i sold a traded a few accounts with mates etc, nowt exciting.

This guy said he wanted them via msn , he payed through paypal , so i gave him all the details, then i found out via 2 paypal emails that he had used a stolen credit card, and that payment was held.

Im over it now, and im never gonna do that again!!!!!

All i want to do is stop the accounts from being played, as i said id rather have no one playing them than this bloke

he was called ********

learned my lesson, ill stick with what i have

I will not mention the guys name but IF you do this you deserved to be hacked, and your putting yourself in the line of fire for it.
This thread is made due to if people who are even considering to sell/trade their acounts to think again, and not make a silly escuse saying i got scammed like you, when it wernt even close to what happened to me:)

cant work out if you saying your traded/sold the account and got scammed

or if you got your details hacked?

:m00:

Corran

Part of the furniture
scorge said:
cant work out if you saying your traded/sold the account and got scammed

or if you got your details hacked?

He is saying NOTHING about himself.. from what i read that is a PM he received from someone saying they were in the same situation as him. But that person gave out his details/sold-traded account etc and that what he is showing is that you shouldnt even risk it

Elkie

Can't get enough of FH
Corran said:
He is saying NOTHING about himself.. from what i read that is a PM he received from someone saying they were in the same situation as him. But that person gave out his details/sold-traded account etc and that what he is showing is that you shouldnt even risk it

correct, i make the thread for people even considering to do such a stupid pathetic move such as this guy + by doing what this guy has done your violating the CoC by selling acounts.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
If people are as ignorant as doing the things we have told them constantly not to do (we being FH members and GoA) then they deserve their accounts hacked.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Elkie said:
correct, i make the thread for people even considering to do such a stupid pathetic move such as this guy + by doing what this guy has done your violating the CoC by selling acounts.

thats cleared that up :)

Mey

Part of the furniture
i don't get the point of this thread....

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Mey said:
i don't get the point of this thread....

then dont post? OP is trying to talk ppl that might be thinking about selling their accounts to not do it because its to risky. if u cant get that its your problem, but dont make +1 posts please.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
The basics in common sense:

• Dont sell your account, period. If you do, live with the consequences.
  • Dont give your details to ANYONE, not even your best in game buddy or RL friend, youd be surprised what "freinds" do when you piss them off.
  • Dont reply to emails asking for passwords, GOA will never ask for them!
  • Dont keep passwords in a file called "daoc passwords and other life threatening info.txt" on your PC.
  • Get anti-virus software ffs, and keep it up to date. (www.grisoft.com)
  • Get a firewall ffs, and keep it up to date. (www.zonelabs.com)
  • Chat software of any kind is also used as spyware by some people, it is not your freind.
  • Hotmail sucks, as does yahoo mail, or any of those type of email, no matter what your PC expert friend says, dont use it for personal information.
  • Dont whinge on forums if you fail to do the above.
Think thats what he is trying to say, and this goes for any game!

Cwini

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
The basics in common sense:

• Dont sell your account, period. If you do, live with the consequences.
  • Dont give your details to ANYONE, not even your best in game buddy or RL friend, youd be surprised what "freinds" do when you piss them off.
  • Dont reply to emails asking for passwords, GOA will never ask for them!
  • Dont keep passwords in a file called "daoc passwords and other life threatening info.txt" on your PC.
  • Get anti-virus software ffs, and keep it up to date. (www.grisoft.com)
  • Get a firewall ffs, and keep it up to date. (www.zonelabs.com)
  • Chat software of any kind is also used as spyware by some people, it is not your freind.
  • Hotmail sucks, as does yahoo mail, or any of those type of email, no matter what your PC expert friend says, dont use it for personal information.
  • Dont whinge on forums if you fail to do the above.
Think thats what he is trying to say, and this goes for any game!

You forgot to include:
  • Patch your OS with the latest updates.
You would be surprised how easy it is to get into someones system even with AV software and a firewall when Windows is not updated ;)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Cwini said:
You forgot to include:
  • Patch your OS with the latest updates.
You would be surprised how easy it is to get into someones system even with AV software and a firewall when Windows is not updated ;)

Yes, it's why my AV software checks for the presence of the latest Windows updates weekly, and reports it when any holes aren't patched.

Darzil

B

Biggilus

only time i dabbled in account trading was when i sold a SWG account for £500, via paypal to a random guy i never met before in planetside.
for 10 days i was so nervous waitign for paypal to credit my account, but it happened and i was a happy bunny.

woudlnt do it again though, not that accounts are worth that much these days but it seems theres a recent increase in account scams and the like.

dunno the point of this post but i do know its half 5 in the morning and this is one boring night shift

Mey

Part of the furniture
finally someone else he doesn't give a shit that he got scammed - no offence or anything, but shit happens. No doubt all your leet mates will farm/pl you back to your former glory if goa can't help you.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Mey said:
finally someone else he doesn't give a shit that he got scammed - no offence or anything, but shit happens. No doubt all your leet mates will farm/pl you back to your former glory if goa can't help you.

man what a cocksucker :wanker:

If you dont care dont hit that reply button... its pretty simple.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Mey said:
The point is he is trying to get others to see the mistake he made in trading accounts etc, if you have nothing helpful to put into this discussion, theres plenty of other threads for you to abuse people in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom