What would you like

Meowmix

Fledgling Freddie
If you had the chance to change one aspect of Camelot, what would it be?

I would choose that we can buy the items directly from Market Explorer, instead of spending 30-50mins running around housing.

Meowmix -x-

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Meowmix said:

I would choose that we can buy the items directly from Market Explorer, instead of spending 30-50mins running around housing.

Meowmix -x-
i'd mirror that . BUT. imo class balance issues would be my 1st call for change :)

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Relics and milegates, get rid of them all.

Ok i'll elaborate a little, get rid of all bottlenecks that can be camped (i.e milegates) and relics do nothing but make the strong even stronger, get rid of them and just give a realm a blanket 1% bonus to melee and magic for every enemy keep they own when they have all their own keeps.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
fix sorcs cast speed

1. Remove PL spots like Moderna and force people to GROUP :eek6:
2. Remove Fins for save reason.. its killing high end Grping for new players
3. Hehe id want 2-3 days a month where i can XP in foreign lands with other realms.. just cos it'd be fun!!

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Meowmix said:

Errr stop Arms being sunk into the gimpage armpit of doom maybe ;)

Remove Mors from the arms TL position, replace him with Keersdan, and give arms a nuke that kills every mid/hib in deh zone at the touch of a button for a month, just as a re-imbursement for the 2.5 years of ignorage we have had from mythic.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
Errr stop Arms being sunk into the gimpage armpit of doom maybe ;)

Remove Mors from the arms TL position, replace him with Keersdan, and give arms a nuke that kills every mid/hib in deh zone at the touch of a button for a month, just as a re-imbursement for the 2.5 years of ignorage we have had from mythic.

Mors is finally stepping down apparently :D Guess he finally gave up and realised his TL report was a pile of crap, he never even plays DAoC any more and didnt even test NF in any way whatsoever.

And my change would either be either what you said about Market Explorers, or giving more ways to get RSPs.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
NetNifty said:
Mors is finally stepping down apparently :D Guess he finally gave up and realised his TL report was a pile of crap, he never even plays DAoC any more and didnt even test NF in any way whatsoever.

Yes just swung by meatshield and noticed I had a pm he was taking names for his replacement, Id vote Gildar tbh because Keers doesnt seem to want the job and Gildar is probably the most active tester I can think of next down the line who actually seems to understand the class.

Dunno tho, sounds too good to be true tbh, could all just be Mors' way of aggravating us even more.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
Yes just swung by meatshield and noticed I had a pm he was taking names for his replacement, Id vote Gildar tbh because Keers doesnt seem to want the job and Gildar is probably the most active tester I can think of next down the line who actually seems to understand the class.

Dunno tho, sounds too good to be true tbh, could all just be Mors' way of aggravating us even more.

Woohoo no more Mors ! Now we can get a decent TL for mythic to completely ignore, such progress.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
not meaning to offend but where exactly do armsman see a problem, compared to a hero? i know warriors only need to spec 1 weapon type to use 1h/2h but as far as i can see with the exception of moose armsman and hero's are pretty much the same.

proper answers only please

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Note these are for non buffed, non SC'd Armsman and Hero's.

Base stats
assuming 10 str 10 dex 10 con at creation

Briton Arms: 110 str 98 con 80 dex 70 qui 1088 Hits
Celt Hero: 115 str 93 con 85 dex 60 qui 1088 Hits

Not sure on the HP figures, thats what the calc said but i would imagine the briton arms to be slightly higher due to the higher con.

Weapon Skill
Using the above stats and 50 in 1h. unbuffed, un SC'd hero and arms.

Armsman: 858
Hero: 875

Very slight difference due to the 5 extra str the hero receives

Spec
Hero speccing 50 shield 50 blades 28 parry
Arms speccing 50 shield 50 slash 28 parry
The same, except dont armsman auto train? not sure on that.

With most tanks using artifact weapons they are only using 1 damage type so the argument of Hib 2h coming in crush or slash for 1 spec line is pretty much dead.

Armour
Armsman: Plate, strong vs slash (the most common damage type)
Hero: Scale weak to slash.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
in S/S spec, yes they're pretty much the same except from armor and moose.... HOWEVER, paladins are the main defencive tanks in alb, and arms are more likely to spec 2h or pole, or hybrid which requires almost double the spec points to do the same damage as heros.

Armsman autotrain thrust and slash, but thrust is gimped for a s/s arms (pretty crap anytimes and styles based off evade even tho we can't evade :/) and i've never seen a s/s armsman who has autotrained slash because most of us were created a long time ago before powerlevelling was common or levelling normally with autotrain was commonplace.

Besides, autotrain is 78 spec points or so, which is another 2 lvls in parry at most - nowhere near enough to counter out double speccing.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
Note these are for non buffed, non SC'd Armsman and Hero's.

Base stats
assuming 10 str 10 dex 10 con at creation

Briton Arms: 110 str 98 con 80 dex 70 qui 1088 Hits
Celt Hero: 115 str 93 con 85 dex 60 qui 1088 Hits

Not sure on the HP figures, thats what the calc said but i would imagine the briton arms to be slightly higher due to the higher con.

Weapon Skill
Using the above stats and 50 in 1h. unbuffed, un SC'd hero and arms.

Armsman: 858
Hero: 875

Very slight difference due to the 5 extra str the hero receives

Spec
Hero speccing 50 shield 50 blades 28 parry
Arms speccing 50 shield 50 slash 28 parry
The same, except dont armsman auto train? not sure on that.

With most tanks using artifact weapons they are only using 1 damage type so the argument of Hib 2h coming in crush or slash for 1 spec line is pretty much dead.

Armour
Armsman: Plate, strong vs slash (the most common damage type)
Hero: Scale weak to slash.

Here we go again, ffs plate is resistant to THRUST it has never been resistant to slash, it is only neutral to slash. And for this we give up evade lol

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Hmmm, changing the subject from tank whines ....

Meowmix said:
Nearsight to be fixed.

Lasts far too long, group window never shows when someone is NSd, curing someone who is NOT NSd removes any immunity timer they had, etc

Oh and it would be nice if Alb had access to it in some specline other than matter (cabalist) :)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Raven - the problem has never really been with sword and shield armsmen (though in hibernia heroes are the s/s tank of choice, in albion you're better off with a paladin, lose weaponskill but gain defensive chants)

the problem is with 2h/pole

compare
50 lw
42 shield
39 parry

to

50 pole
42 shield
39 slash
~0 parry

the LW gets to choose two weapon types and gets moose
the armsman gets to have 39 less parry ;)

Glacius

Fledgling Freddie
:)

Well if there is a thing i want to be changed in DAOC.. thats not arms issues.. tough i would like that ...but i know its not posible.. :) ..i will be so damn happy if the dmg u make to a player .. in RVR n all.. will be cut in half.. like if u do 500 with a dd to a yelo mob.. to hit for 250 dmg when u cast on an enemy player and so on. I m sayin this cause its the only way we will see longer fights in rvr ..not like now.. making ur char ..getin all the gear lvld up n shiet .. and when u finaly get the chance to go and do som rvr .. u ll end up dead in a blink of an eye . I played some other mmorpgs and .. in some of em the dmg is 1/4 betwen players and full against mobs.. :clap:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
get rid of insane mezz times...
get rid of them long mezz times...
get rid of over the top mezz times...
get rid of chanters ability to stun u then pbaoe u to death in under 3 seconds
and lastly..
Make Bladeans paladin suddenly appear in pink armour with flowers and facial blush and do , oooh aaah noises when hes hit

Brynn

Can't get enough of FH
I want to make rvr encounters last longer, like a fg vs fg - not the long-ness of a mile gate seige or something.

I would remove the doors above milegates
no fucking zonewalls in housing (that really gets on my tits, with /houseface and you find a bloody great zonewall in the way)

find some way of getting rid of toa (willnot affect rvr my arse)

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
1 thing that would solve allmost all problems...

say after me...

C O L I S I O N

D E T E C T I O N !!!!

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Better than that would be teaching Mess to spell.

/em hides :p

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Draylor said:
Better than that would be teaching Mess to spell.

/em hides :p
Im not sure how that would help anyone outside HB... :p

Edit: there is no where to hide...

[TB] Benedictine

Fledgling Freddie
Double the fight time in RvR
Halve the time to PVE

Collision detection :clap:

Individual Horses as promised in 1963

Sorry - was supposed to be one thing wasn't it?

Market Return Tokens!

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
C O L I S I O N

D E T E C T I O N !!!!

ok... me and 2 friends are standing in the entrance to Camelot, refusing to move. Now what?

Hendrich

Fledgling Freddie
How about adjust the CoC for all the greed in the game, artie theifs and such.

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
ok... me and 2 friends are standing in the entrance to Camelot, refusing to move. Now what?
There will allways be Aholes like you and your 2 friends in online games... :)

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
I would choose that we can buy the items directly from Market Explorer, instead of spending 30-50mins running around housing

I like this one also, but if it was posible I would love to get all the lag/LD'ing fixed is prior thing, then make us buy from ME...

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I`m just trying to point our possible problems dude, no need to get personal.

Dimmer

Fledgling Freddie
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:

Strange place to stand.... go kill some mids/hibs... well thanks for making it posible to walk through other people then :D

Pin

One of Freddy's beloved
Hendrich said:
How about adjust the CoC for all the greed in the game, artie theifs and such.
Theiving is against the CoC. So what do you mean?

vintervargen

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
the LW gets to choose two weapon types and gets moose
the armsman gets to have 39 less parry ;)

polearm styles are way better.

the armsman have more chance of landing a slam due to higher 1h WS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom