What would you do?

T

Tenko

Ok heres a poser for you.

You've been taking bases over a continent but whilst you have been doing so someone has been blowing up the generators while you have been trying to take bases, expressly against the commands from the High CR guy broadcasting in the area.

So you go to "defend" generator from your own side and find someone shooting the crap out of it.

You and the other guys who just entered the room voice macro "Stop!" and "Defend the Generators" But to know avail.

I then type "Stop shooting the generators!" and scroll up to repeat and he still keeps doing it.

So, being a bit of a Roleplayer ;) I type.

"Stop shooting the generator or I will have you shot for treason!"

and again say it again by scrolling up and pressing return. He never says a word.

Well everyone else is shouting at him but this muppet really likes shooting off and proceeds to fire at the damn generator again so I give him one, last chance.

"STOP SHOOTING THE GENERATOR OR I WILL FUCKING SHOOT YOU MYSELF!!!!"

I think this is pretty clear but to make sure I aim my Rocklet launcher right in his bloody face.

He then shoots the generator again.

So I nuked the little fucker off the face of the earth and got 38gp.

What would you have done though?

C

Cdr

What would I have done.....hmmm

Most likely attempted to make it back to the base in question, lagged, PC frozen would have forced me to reset (repeat at least 5 times), by the time I've made it over there the guy would have either left, the base been taken over or someone would have already shot him.

Long live Sony and their stable programs! Hurrah!

W

Wile_E_Coyote

I'd shoot both of you; you're BOTH traitors to the Empire!

Seriously though, did you try to explain to him WHY he shouldn't shoot the generators? Maybe he was a total newb and didn't know any better, thinking you were the weird one since he was merely attacking the enemy base or something.... If you did, he certainly had it coming.

S

Summo

I'd have done the same but with fewer warnings.

J

Jonaldo

I would've shot him before he attacked the generators, Werner is deathmatch server after all right? :eek7:

O

old.ivan

No biggie, i even shoot people blocking the respawn tubes, cba to wait for them to come back from afk.

600 grief.... <sigh> i wonder who suffers more.:puke:

D

Deadmanwalking

I would do what i always do, say once with his name stop shooting it then blown him away

O

Old_Bean

I've been in that situation before, I didn't even bother to ask him to stop, I just rocketed his sorry ass until he was dead.

Soon stopped then.

The reward for stupidity is DEATH!

X

Xtro

yup no hesitation, I'd say stop once then blast him.

If he then sent a tell with "wtf" etc, I'd explain briefly why.

P

[PS]Venom

I would have told him to stop shooting the generator as it wasn't nescessary.

I'd have warned him once more.

Then I would have taken my shotgun to his face.

It woudln't have happened to be a guy called ToeJam would it? He's ALWAYS shooting terminals and generators.

T

trafikk_jamm

Yeah Toejam is an annoying little pratt, i have killed him 2 or 3 times for shooting terminals etc and i know a number of others have had to resort to doing the same to him.

Katya BR11 VS
Trafikk BR8 VS

F

fyraie

Yeah, pretty swift death would be the order of the day.
One base we were taking, there was a rash of generator assaults, and we finally calmed them down, with not too many casualties- then 5 minutes later the same names started shooting up the gen. I just went on guard duty in the doorway with a jackhammer. Body blocks and bigass shotgun = safe ickle power-making glowing thing.

And don't worry about Grief Points, they are just natures way of tell you that you're aiding evolution!!

O

Old_Bean

So in which situation would it be acceptable to destroy terminals in a freindly base?

Imminent capture maybe?

I have destroyed equipment terminals in an enemy tower before, that certainly pisses 'em off when they respawn in there.

O

old.ivan

But thats because virtually noone has equipment stored in their lockers, you destroy the equipment terminals.. fine i will grab my repair tool and repair one, given 20 seconds.
honestly ,taking out the generator/equipment terminals is like saying 'we dont really feel like fighting so there...'.

J

Jupitus

Originally posted by fyraie
And don't worry about Grief Points, they are just natures way of tell you that you're aiding evolution!!

... I may steal this for my siggy ;)

F

fyraie

Lockers are great!

Mine looks a little bit, um nerdy. It's VERY organised. And full. Only been used once or twice but I gave 5 respawned people cyclers, ammo, and grenades, and dropped some medkits if anyone needed lol. Oh dear.
Anyway, that was in beta, and since then I've been far less anoraky about helping my faction win teh war!!1!

Pssst, but if you need owt, meet me by the lockers :p

O

old.Lianuchta

Yeah ToeJam has cost me a fair amount of xp before when he knocked off enough terminals for the base to go out of power just before we would've captured him. I have to admit to slotting a sniper bullet in his head twice when i saw him approaching at the next base.

P

[PS]Venom

Perhaps I should tell all members of SG to kill him on sight? :flame:

I was so tempted to smack the back of his head with a shotgun round earlier. He was hitting people with a knife.

Unfortunatly the people he was hitting didn't care :/

B

BrassMonkey

I hate the prick...he blew up the vehicle terminals when there was like 5 of us waiting to use them

A

Aeternus

Just note some new players might think you need to destroy the generators to take over a base, so its important to make sure they understand the generators purpose.

if a /tell in CAPITALS doesnt give a response blow the feckers away. Might be nice to check their name and see if they are outfited and complain to the outfit leaders of that outfit about his/her behaviour.

X

Xtro

Originally posted by Aeternus
Might be nice to check their name and see if they are outfited and complain to the outfit leaders of that outfit about his/her behaviour.

yep remember Alt+N displays outfit name under character name.

P

[PS]Venom

He is in an outfit I believe - didn't take the name down tho.

He also knows exactly what he's doing - he's a real tool.

O

Old_Bean

Right then lets all hunt Toejam tonight.

I'm up for it.

P

[PS]Nova

I hate it when people do that. (Destroying generators when there's no need)

On a bit of a side note: A little while ago, a friend of mine and me were on a different server, can't remember which one, chars long gone. I was showing him how to play the game, and as such we went to a continent that was either locked or very close to it. We went to one base and decided to try and cap it.

Bear in mind, I'm a bit of a noob on some matters too, and this was quite awhile ago. We didn't have the lattice to this base, and I'd heard somewhere you could still cap the base if you took out the generator and it went neutral. Now neither of us had the hacking cert. We blew the generator eventally, and the base lost power, but it didn't go neutral.

Can someone, anyone, explain to me the details of lattice/losing power/going neutral/destroying generators?

I know this is kind of noobish but it just frustrated us, as the only thing I could think of was to use up the nanites, they certainly weren't draining at all, and as neither of us had hacking we couldn't use the terminals or anything.

P

[PS]Mung

Take out terminals too to drain the power.

O

old.ivan

Ok a few hints :

When the generator is damaged <not totally blown to bits> it attempts to repair iteself and thus uses up energy, alot of energy. It can be fixed manually. If the generator is totally destroyed it gives out a message 'evacuate generator room immediately bla bla bla' and the base start loosing power.

When the power percentage reaches 0% the base returns to neutral status, if the hack was started before it returned to neutral status the base will need to be rehacked and repowered before a successfull cap is achieved [if the power is not supplied within 15 minutes the hack is not successfull and the base remains neutral].

To hack into a base you need it either connected / linked to another friendly base, or you need it be neutral [to make it neutral run it out of power, vehicle/spawn/euipment all drain bases power as well, the generator makes up for small power expeditures but in big sieges power runs out rather quickly]

T

Tenko

Well I've been out today at the hospital but I feel that Toejam (what an apt name :)) needs to be defended.

In this particular case it wasnt him! :)

It was a BR13 Char from a very large (but ridiculously named) Outfit.

And he came back and shot me in the back afterwards, think I pissed him off.

But the generators werent attacked again so thats ok :)

Must admit I actually felt guilty about doing it at first, he is from our Empire afterall, but after finding out his obviously non n00b staus (if not intelligence) and the support of the righteous dudes of BW I reckon he didn't get enough! :flame:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom